Swap Reviews--Reading Them, That Is

Maryn

Baaa!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Everyone knows reviews are for readers. Everyone knows authors should not read their reviews. Everyone knows they will one day--or every day, or several times a day--succumb to the urge read their reviews. Everyone knows that a negative review can reliably throw the author into a funk.

I propose that in this thread, erotica authors arrange to swap review-reading. Instead of me reading my own reviews, and being utterly bummed by them, I read some of your reviews and give you the gist of them in tactful-but-honest terms in a private message or email, softening whatever blows they contain, in exchange for the same.

The two authors would have to agree on the book or story being reviewed, the site(s) at which to read reviews, and how many or for how long. (If I have seven reviews and you have two hundred and thirty-one, I'm going to resent reading so many more.) And maybe they should pinkie-swear they're not going to read their own reviews anyway.

Could this work? Any volunteers?

Maryn, who hasn't read all the reviews, at least

Viridian

local good boy
Registered
Reaction score
You're a brave person, Filigree.

I haven't got any reviews I need reading, but I'm happy to read for others.

MumblingSage

Inarticulate Herb
Registered
Reaction score
This is an amazing idea (I've sometimes thought of asking friends to read for me). I'm happy to read for someone else--just message me with details. And maybe sometime I'll get up the guts of asking someone to read for me.

Maryn

Baaa!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks for volunteering, MumblingSage. Come on, now, everyone, we can't let this go to waste, right?

Maryn, sipping Sugar Cookie Sleigh Ride tea