Comedic Erotica?

TedTheewen

AW's Most Adorable Sociopath
Registered
Reaction score
Website
tedscreepyvan.blogspot.com
I have a comedic short story that will have to be in the erotica genre due to the nature of it all. It should be done within the week and I was looking for a potential home to sub it off to when I realized there really isn't much out there for such an animal.

Is there much comedic erotica out there? Or should I just drop the "erotica" concept and sub it out as straight adult comedy?

thethinker42

Abnormal Romance Author
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.gallagherwitt.com
If you can drop the erotica aspect, then it probably isn't needed. If the erotica and comedy are both needed, then I would keep it as is, sell (or self-publish) it, and see what happens. There isn't a lot of that out there, but it certainly doesn't mean it wouldn't sell. Doesn't necessarily mean it WILL sell, but I would definitely poke around and see if you get any bites. :) In this market, you really never know what will suddenly take off.

sunandshadow

Impractical Fantasy Animal
Registered
Reaction score
Website
home.comcast.net
I've mainly seen humorous erotica in books that are themed multi-author short story collections. So I'd look for publishers who have previously done an erotic story anthology.

C.CWriter

Registered
Reaction score
Alice Clayton has a hilarious contemporary romance called Wallbanger. I laughed till i cried. Check it out. I love funny sexy romances.