Obsessive Rep Point Checkers Club (Volume IV)

Status
Not open for further replies.

FabricatedParadise

Can be bribed with circus peanuts
Registered
Reaction score
I would?

Er, why?

Seriously, why? My Dad's buddy is the survivalist nut, he's the one with the stores and the guns. He's coming to us in the even of the end of the world while we hole up.

Out here, not enough people for zombie hordes.

Unless the cows turn on us.

Yeah but I'm cuter.

J/k Actually my comment was in response to Vince saying he wouldn't protect us. I just forgot to quote him.

Vince524

Are you gonna finish that bacon?
Registered
Reaction score
Website
vincentmorrone.com
I doubt you're the slowest person in the thread, Vince.

And if you can't outrun me, you're in serious trouble.

:roll:

I don't watch the show, btw, but is it safe to assume there would be shotguns involved?
Wanna bet?

In the winter when the kids throw snowballs at me, they don't hit me, they go into orbit around me. :D

FabricatedParadise

Registered
Reaction score
I'm practically falling asleep at the computer. I spent the evening moving cases of plank flooring from the car to the house. Tomorrow the old tile comes up and Thursday I start installing new floor. Yay for new floor! Boo for manual labor. Mr. FabP isn't going to recognize the house by the time I'm done. I think he's a little sad that I'm the one doing all the renovation stuff.

FabricatedParadise

Registered
Reaction score
What kind of plank flooring did you get?

*is a little bit of a home renovation enthusiast*

:D

I got resilient vinyl planks. For three reasons.

(1) It looks as real as laminate (though both are lacking when compared to real hardwood)
(2) It's waterproof and between kids and dogs, waterproof is #1
(3) I can do it while the baby is sleeping since it doesn't require a saw to cut.

I wanted something that would look nice, but that I wasn't going to have to be completely anal about keeping in perfect condition and we could replace guilt-free in a couple of years.

About a year ago, I started laying ceramic tile in the main living areas, but I could only do it while the baby was sleeping which meant by the time I got all the supplies out and laid 3 or 4 tiles, it was either time to quit or the baby had woken up from her nap. My F-I-L who tends to be one of those "I'm the man and I take care of my little women" types decided I wasn't getting it done fast enough so he decided to come over and do it for me. He came one day, laid the rest of the living room, the dining room and half the kitchen.

Then he fell off his roof, broke a few ribs, fractured his back, etc. so he asked me to wait til he had healed and could come back and finish. But as time passed, I started to notice some things I wasn't happy with, a lot of crooked tiles/grout lines, tiles weren't back-buttered so quite a few are loose which means my grout lines are cracking and some tiles have even cracked. So now, in order to have a decent floor, I've decided to just rip it up -- it really isn't fixable -- and put down the vinyl planks.

Goodness... now my fingers are tired.

FabricatedParadise

Registered
Reaction score
Sounds cool, FP, though I don't envy you the work.

:)

Meh, it's nothing new. When we bought our house just over 2 years ago, it hadn't been updated since it was built... in 1956, except for a few bits and pieces like the bathroom shower (but no other parts of the bathroom) and they added mauve carpet (!?). I'm almost finished with the bathroom. My mom and I built a linen shelf system with clear acrylic shelves which I plan to frost and I'm building a slide out hamper under the cabinet probably this weekend, then I'm about done with it. After the flooring, I intend to do the windows, but I'm going to have a guy friend help me with that. Those suckers are heavy.

FabricatedParadise

Registered
Reaction score
Can you come work on my place?

:D

Ugh. Not a chance.

I've already told Mr. FabP that our next house (we've practically outgrown this one already) better be move-in ready and completely updated. He's been away most of the last 2 years so he has no idea what I've gone through. So far I've gutted and redone the kitchen (with the help of a handyman), installed new light fixtures/ceiling fans. Built and hung sliding/removable doors to separate my office, which was previously open to the dining room, from the rest of the house (I did that 8 mos pregnant), I pulled up that nasty mauve carpeting. There was tile fiasco, I had new doors installed (this I didn't do myself) and did a lot of landscaping, including building a deck in the back yard.

We'd only been in the house 4 mos when I got pregnant, so I did most that while I was pregnant. It's been slow work since I had the baby because she's very active and I can really only work while she's sleeping. Plus, I'm a full time student, and was homeschooling my oldest last year.

DeleyanLee

Writing Anarchist
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
We have what looks to be a cold rain here. Why can't it just *snow*???

:e2bummed:

Shut your mouth!

We've gotten close to three inches of rain since last night, which means that would've been around a foot snow just over night. Thank you, NO. I'm quite happy with the downpour however long it lasts.

You might be insane, but don't doom the rest of us with it, m'friend.

Status
Not open for further replies.