Script Pipeline

LittlePinto

Perpetually confused
Registered
Reaction score
I haven't done anything with them and, based on their site, I wouldn't.

I checked the people who they referenced and had testimonials from on their "Review Consultation" page. Three of the works don't appear to have been produced, at least not under the titles Girls Weekend, The Rabbit, and Cutting Numbers. (Cutting Numbers, however, did place in quite a few screenplay contests.) Of the two that were produced and released widely enough to receive a Rotten Tomatoes rating, one, Strength and Honor, sits at 6% and the other, Right At Your Door, sits at 67%. The reviews for Strength and Honor specifically mention the script as a major weakness in the film.

I would also give the side-eye to what you're actually getting for your money. They're just saying that someone will tell you where you need to improve and where your screenplay sits in the current market. A lot of that information you can get from writing partners and keeping a close eye on the industry through blogs and the news.

Anyway, for that money I'd subscribe to the Black List.

You're only a few posts away from 50. When you hit it why don't you throw some pages up on SYW and get feedback here? Then decide later if you want to spend money on your screenplay.

Last edited:

G.G. Rebimik

Write? I can barely read...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
ggrebimik.blogspot.com
I haven't done anything with them and, based on their site, I wouldn't.

I checked the people who they referenced and had testimonials from on their "Review Consultation" page. Three of the works don't appear to have been produced, at least not under the titles Girls Weekend, The Rabbit, and Cutting Numbers. (Cutting Numbers, however, did place in quite a few screenplay contests.) Of the two that were produced and released widely enough to receive a Rotten Tomatoes rating, one, Strength and Honor, sits at 6% and the other, Right At Your Door, sits at 67%. The reviews for Strength and Honor specifically mention the script as a major weakness in the film.

I would also give the side-eye to what you're actually getting for your money. They're just saying that someone will tell you where you need to improve and where your screenplay sits in the current market. A lot of that information you can get from writing partners and keeping a close eye on the industry through blogs and the news.

Anyway, for that money I'd subscribe to the Black List.

You're only a few posts away from 50. When you hit it why don't you throw some pages up on SYW and get feedback here? Then decide later if you want to spend money on your screenplay.

Pinto! Very good and insightful advise. Much appreciated. Yes, I'd like to get some writer to writer feedback.

Are you on the Black List?

best, jack.

LittlePinto

Perpetually confused
Registered
Reaction score
I'm not on the Black List yet as I don't have a screenplay that I consider high enough quality. I have, however, heard good things about the site and it was recommended to me by two screenwriting instructors as well. When I have a screenplay ready for the world, I intend to give the Black List a go.

I do lurk on the SYW script board here at Absolute Write.