Status
Not open for further replies.

Kweei

Expert Procrastinator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.kltownsend.com
K.L. - Your book sounds intriguing, and that cover art is amazing!

Sincerely,

Hillary (who every once in awhile actually looks at sigs)

Oh thanks! It's in the review process right now, so I am in that place where I am waiting for people to say whether they liked it or not. TERRIFYING.

Only a chapter into this new novella and I'm already a teeny bit in love with my hero. He's such a jerk, but so hot (in my head anyway) and full of potential that hopefully my heroine will bring out in him.

Yay!

Agreed, that is an awesome cover and sounds like a very cool story.

Sincerely,
'Bugz (who is glad that Hillz' remembers to look at sigs since she does not) :ROFL:

Thanks :) I don't normally do historical stuff - I love history and all, but I'm a fantasy girl - but I was invited to write for the series and I couldn't say no. It fun and challenging.

*goes back to beating her new WIP into a bloody pulp*

How is everyone today?

CobraMisfit

I want to be Comic Sans.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I'm currently on step 4

:Headbang:

Over and over and over again. My forehead is going to be completely flat by the end of the month at this rate...

I hear ya. It's annoying when the creative juices turn into creative concrete.

*shakes fist at juices*

Uh. . .that sounded a lot different in my head. . .

Shadowflame

Gametrovert
Registered
Reaction score
Morning all.

Yesterday I had one of these:hooray: after several days of :Headbang: on my spacebattles story.

So went to LSB and used the mind mapping. Figured out that I needed some internal conflict in the MC, kicked the first scenes to the curb and made some more words. Currently at 4800 words and about to finish it up.

My advice on when you are stuck is to try looking at your story from another direction. maybe you are missing something.

Last edited:

Shadowflame

Gametrovert
Registered
Reaction score
CM I can always count on you to make me laugh in the morning.

10trackers

Pollyanna, Shedder of Casual Blood
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
So went to LSB and used the mind mapping.

Tell me more about this.

Today, I was going to do a combined writing/working day. Because when I did the whole "finish work first and write all evening" thing yesterday, my brain was fried by the time I got to writing. But it's almost 5 p.m. now and I've written a bunch of words (around 600), have reread my entire WIP (47K) and have worked for, like, 5 minutes.

Machine, indeed.

Oh, I also did some housework :D

CobraMisfit

I want to be Comic Sans.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Tell me more about this.

Doesn't this involve a Vulcan ritual of some sorts?

Today, I was going to do a combined writing/working day. Because when I did the whole "finish work first and write all evening" thing yesterday, my brain was fried by the time I got to writing. But it's almost 5 p.m. now and I've written a bunch of words (around 600), have reread my entire WIP (47K) and have worked for, like, 5 minutes.

Machine, indeed.

I've been working on the outline for a newer WIP, but everything either winds up about a boy taking on an evil wizard or a bunch of miscreants blowing up something that's not-a-moon.

Ergo, I hereby worship the great 10s for her epicnicity.

Bow, minions!

:Hail: :Hail::Hail::Hail::Hail::Hail::Hail::Hail:
:Hail::Hail::Hail::Hail::Hail::Hail::Hail::Hail: 10s
:Hail::Hail::Hail::Hail::Hail::Hail::Hail::Hail:

hillaryjacques

Undercover, sort of...
Registered
Reaction score
Oh thanks! It's in the review process right now, so I am in that place where I am waiting for people to say whether they liked it or not. TERRIFYING.

How is it that the publishing process vacillates between exhilarating and terrifying, and yet we keep pursuing? I understand now why so many artists are mentally ill - and I'm convinced most did not start that way!

Good luck with it, though, it looks great! (And best wishes on not going crazy) :)

Also, you know things are bad when your younger brother is lecturing you about not writing...

My little brother recently returned to the dating game, and has been asking me on advice regarding, uhm, intimate things. I'd so much prefer a lecture!

10trackers

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I will never discuss underwear with my sister.

Ever.

Oh, you meant. . .

Well, yeah, that too. . .

Okay, so this conversation reminds me of something horrible that happened.

My bro is in a band and they play a song called, "Mine's Bigger".

Yes.

So I was sitting there, minding my own business, when his then-girlfriend leaned over to me with a slight grin. I was all, ":eek:, she's not going to say what I think she's going to say, is she?!!?!!?!?!"

But she was. And she did.

I am scarred for life.

CobraMisfit

I want to be Comic Sans.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
My little brother recently returned to the dating game, and has been asking me on advice regarding, uhm, intimate things.

Or you could give him "the" talk the same way my folks did:

01-20-11.jpg

CobraMisfit

I want to be Comic Sans.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Okay, so this conversation reminds me of something horrible that happened.

My bro is in a band and they play a song called, "Mine's Bigger".

Yes.

So I was sitting there, minding my own business, when his then-girlfriend leaned over to me with a slight grin. I was all, ":eek:, she's not going to say what I think she's going to say, is she?!!?!!?!?!"

But she was. And she did.

I am scarred for life.

Yeah, my little sister's boyfriend and I have an understanding: he doesn't talk about "them", I don't punch him in the face.

So far the system is working.

Last edited:

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Say, while you're down there... :D

There were 24 of the little minions. Even for your appetites, isn't that overkill?

:D

(and if you protest innocence I swear I shall make with the pointing and laughing)

No, did you miss the entire part about where I should have been working?

Work is over-rated.

Except for that part where it pays the bills.

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Yeah, my little sister's boyfriend and I have an understanding: he doesn't talk about "them", I don't punch him in the face.

I mostly just roll my eyes at my little sister's choice of boyfriends. When she even bothers introducing them.

My sister does not have the most discerning of tastes.

... then again, might have something to do with her general attitude, which is stuck firmly down around "miserable curmudgeon."

She makes *me* look shiny, happy, and optimistic.

Shadowflame

Gametrovert
Registered
Reaction score
Tell me more about this.

Machine, indeed.

Oh, I also did some housework :D

I use a program called Liquid Story Binder, Kind of like scrivner but was developed for windows not Mac. I love it. Has made a difference in my writing.
It has a feature where you put your ideas down and let things flow. If you scroll down on the website you can see it under MindMapping.
Using this I found why I wasn't happy with my story. No conflict with the MC.
I think there is still a free trial for LSB of 30 days or so. Sometimes like during NaNoWrtMo they have it for half price (when I got mine last year). But it has all sorts of writer tools and I haven't used a lot of them yet. But I do highly recommend this program.

Psychomacologist

The Sarcasm Fairy
Registered
Reaction score
Hellooooooo TEN!!! (and everybody else)

No chat for me today, I'm afraid: I've been on chores-mode this afternoon and the Other Half is coming this evening so I have to be, like, sociable and stuff :p

Pony update:
1. I'm up to episode 6. All good fun so far.
2. I'm shipping Applejack and Spike. Yes, I know all the multitudinous things that are wrong with this. Nevertheless.

10trackers

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
There were 24 of the little minions. Even for your appetites, isn't that overkill?

(and if you protest innocence I swear I shall make with the pointing and laughing)

*sighs* I swear, I don't know why you think you know me so well :D

Shoelaces. That's all. :e2teeth:

Hellooooooo TEN!!! (and everybody else)

Pony update:
1. I'm up to episode 6. All good fun so far.
2. I'm shipping Applejack and Spike. Yes, I know all the multitudinous things that are wrong with this. Nevertheless.

:Wha:

Also, HIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII!

Status
Not open for further replies.