Registered
Reaction score
Website
soundcloud.com
Iron Man
Iron Man 2
Thor
Captain America: The First Avenger

I'm not sure either of the Hulk movies already done lead into Avengers, but the 4 above definitely did.

Iron Man 3 is currently preparing to film this summer.

According to this Wikipedia page the more recent Hulk movie sits between the two Iron Man films.

Jcomp

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Exactly as good as advertised.

Toothpaste

THE RECKLESS RESCUE is out now!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.adriennekress.com
I'm not sure either of the Hulk movies already done lead into Avengers, but the 4 above definitely did.

Edward Norton as THE INCREDIBLE HULK is the one that is part of the series (as opposed to the Ang Lee directed one from several years earlier), and it came out between the two IRON MANs. Norton was supposed to be in THE AVENGERS, but there were politics and stuff and not sure what happened, but they had to replace him with Ruffalo. Who was excellent in THE AVENGERS film.

Also, anyone else impressed that Hiddleston can play Loki as understated? :)

Jcomp

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I think Hiddelston's Loki is pitch-perfect. He's a smug, manipulative, homicidal worm, and yet somehow he's very close to likable. I almost wanted to see him get away. Hiddelston turned Loki into the Hans Gruber of comic book villains.

K. Taylor

Bah Humbug
Registered
Reaction score
Website
carlakrae.blogspot.com
Edward Norton as THE INCREDIBLE HULK is the one that is part of the series (as opposed to the Ang Lee directed one from several years earlier), and it came out between the two IRON MANs. Norton was supposed to be in THE AVENGERS, but there were politics and stuff and not sure what happened, but they had to replace him with Ruffalo. Who was excellent in THE AVENGERS film.

Also, anyone else impressed that Hiddleston can play Loki as understated? :)

I knew about Ed Norton, yeah. Just didn't see the film. Norton's notoriously.....difficult to work with.

dirtsider

Not so new, really
Registered
Reaction score
I love Hiddleston as Loki. There's a couple places where I was going "Yep, that's definitely the God of Mischief!" The scene where he was in Germany during that Gala, I had a grin on my face because that's something I can see him doing for the very effect he got - people freaking all over the place.

Smiley0501

Lurker, now activated. :-)
Registered
Reaction score
I had no idea about Norton, but I thought Ruffalo did an excellent job.

Also, when I saw AVENGERS I had not seen THOR. Should I go back and see it? Was it worth it? It was pretty easy for me, for the most part, to get what was going on (I had to ask my friend who Loki was but a quick whisper & I got it)...

CrastersBabies

Burninator!
Registered
Reaction score
I really liked Thor. Better than I ever imagined I would. I thought it would be the lamest of the super hero movies, but honestly? It was fun little film. They spend quite a bit of time in Asgard, so it's nice to get a sense of what that place is and how it functions.

I'd definitely recommend it. :)

J.S.F.

Red fish, blue fish...
Registered
Reaction score
I really liked Thor. Better than I ever imagined I would. I thought it would be the lamest of the super hero movies, but honestly? It was fun little film. They spend quite a bit of time in Asgard, so it's nice to get a sense of what that place is and how it functions.

I'd definitely recommend it. :)

---

Second the recommendation. CGI was done well but not overdone, the acting was quite good, and there's a really funny bit when Colson describes the 'Warriors Three' as they stroll down the street.

Very surprised at Ray Stevenson's performance. I saw him in Punisher 2: War Zone and while the movie had its moments Stevenson's performance could best be described as wooden. Not in Thor. He really was a standout and the entire cast was fine. Definitely worth seeing.

Mr Flibble

They've been very bad, Mr Flibble
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
We couldn't possibly do that. Who'd clear up the m
Website
francisknightbooks.co.uk
I think Hiddelston's Loki is pitch-perfect. He's a smug, manipulative, homicidal worm, and yet somehow he's very close to likable. I almost wanted to see him get away. Hiddelston turned Loki into the Hans Gruber of comic book villains.

Oh, he was superb I thought.

And you know, when he didn't have his hair slicked back, kind of hot....

And I thought the Thor film was great fun. Didn't take itself too seriously, but was quite a blast. Hemsworth - I had my doubts about him beforehand, but he was excellent.

Toothpaste

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.adriennekress.com
I had no idea about Norton, but I thought Ruffalo did an excellent job.

Also, when I saw AVENGERS I had not seen THOR. Should I go back and see it? Was it worth it? It was pretty easy for me, for the most part, to get what was going on (I had to ask my friend who Loki was but a quick whisper & I got it)...

Totally see THOR. The actual story is slight and silly (the romance in particular seems to come from nowhere), but the actors are just charming and delightful, especially Hemsworth as Thor and Hiddleston as Loki. It's as much an origins story for Loki as it is Thor, and the acting both fellows do is worthy of a much deeper film.

The comedy of the fish out of water stuff when Thor lands on Earth for the first time is truly hilarious. And there are some cool action sequences. Agent Coulson also has the a lot to do in this film, maybe next to the first Iron Man movie.

Oh and Kat Dennings is adorable in it.

maxmordon

Penúltimo
Registered
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
Saw The Avengers during the weekend. Thought this is why 3-D worth its price. Pure Hollywood magic. Though, a little part of me wished for Fantastic 4 or Spiderman references so wield the Marvel Universe. I don't know, I guess I miss J.K. Simmons as J. J. Jameson.

Smiley0501

Registered
Reaction score
Totally see THOR. The actual story is slight and silly (the romance in particular seems to come from nowhere), but the actors are just charming and delightful, especially Hemsworth as Thor and Hiddleston as Loki. It's as much an origins story for Loki as it is Thor, and the acting both fellows do is worthy of a much deeper film.

The comedy of the fish out of water stuff when Thor lands on Earth for the first time is truly hilarious. And there are some cool action sequences. Agent Coulson also has the a lot to do in this film, maybe next to the first Iron Man movie.

Oh and Kat Dennings is adorable in it.

Awesome...with all these resounding 'yes' I'll have to take a look for it (where I can rent it - Netfl!x?). I'm excited to hear it is as much Loki's story - I found him the most interesting in AVENGERS :D (minus the weird/silly battle fight at the end lol). And ooooh Kat Dennings? love her!

Thanks for the recommendations, guys.

jjdebenedictis

is watching you via her avatar
Registered
Reaction score
I walked out of that theatre with such a crush on Loki.

Which is weird, because the movie is chock-a-block with pretty, pretty men, and yet the pale, pointy-nosed guy with the flippy hair was the one giving me palpitations.

Well played, Mr. Hiddleston; well played.

Toothpaste

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.adriennekress.com
It's because he's a fantastic actor. The fact, as I said above, that he can somehow underplay Loki is fantastic. Plus it's clear he is having a ball. I've had a crush since THOR, but it was his few moments in WAR HORSE that solidified it for me - again subtle and interesting. And so compelling.

Also, he's not so bad lookin' himself :) .

jjdebenedictis

is watching you via her avatar
Registered
Reaction score
Also, he's not so bad lookin' himself :) .
I saw a photo of him with his hair left natural (a bit curly) and sporting a ginger-ish goatee. Verrry dashing; mm-hmm. :D

Smiley0501

Registered
Reaction score
Wait - who was he in WAR HORSE? (I hearted that movie to bits) I'll have to rewatch and look for him.

Also yes, crushing so hard on Loki. Why do I always heart the bad guys? :tongue

blacbird

Registered
Reaction score
Honestly, I'm not remotely interested in going to a theater to see this movie. I'm just soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo tired of movies structured around loud flashy special effects and simplistic plots populated by stereotypes.

caw

Diana Hignutt

Very Tired
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Honestly, I'm not remotely interested in going to a theater to see this movie. I'm just soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo tired of movies structured around loud flashy special effects and simplistic plots populated by stereotypes.

caw

Actually, it's as character driven as popcorm movies get. The dynamic between Cap and Iron Man. The killing a popular character which is what really brings the team together...to avenge him. Black Widow's unconventional interogation techniques. The dynamic between Thor and his brother Loki. Banner.

There is some actual depth to this film, believe it or not.

It's got something for everyone.

Jcomp

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Actually, it's as character driven as popcorm movies get. The dynamic between Cap and Iron Man. The killing a popular character which is what really brings the team together...to avenge him. Black Widow's unconventional interogation techniques. The dynamic between Thor and his brother Loki. Banner.

There is some actual depth to this film, believe it or not.

It's got something for everyone.

Indeed. As popcorn movies go, Avengers is the anti-Transformers.