Your Guilty Pleasure Food

jennontheisland

the world is at my command
Registered
Reaction score
Interesting about the Kraft PB - I love that stuff, my guilty pleasure is putting PB on a slice of bread, then lightly buttering the top of the peanut butter with butter. A peanut butter, butter sandwich sounds a bit redundant but there is something about the taste and texture that makes me happy. Needless to say this is a very guilty and rare pleasure, or else my hips would need their own postal code.

McCain Deep and Delicious - DITTO! I'm thankful that there is not a shortage of people to share this cake with or I'd be in trouble there as well.
Always with the peanutbutter and butter. Always. It is in no way redundant.

And I don't have to share my frozen chocolate cake. Which is why it's usually dinner. (that many calories in one sitting needs to be considered a "meal") lol

ScarletWhisper

Registered
Reaction score
I'm a super healthy eater and serious exerciser. I don't often indulge in pigouts. But when I DO...

Brownies
Cheese and bread (artisan cheese, esp goat varietals)
Frozen yogurt (the soft serve kind at those shops that are all the rage now)
Pumpkin pie

kikazaru

Benefactor Member
Registered
Reaction score
My (not so) guilty pleasure foods:

Honeybuns
Fried okra
Braums chocolate milk (seriously tastes like melted chocolate ice cream!)
Dr. Pepper - just can't quit :D

What on earth are Ketchup Chips??

Ketchup Chips are ketchup flavoured potato chips - several brands here "Old Dutch" and "Lays" are the most popular although I'm sure others make them as well. My daughter loves them - probably because they are the only one's that can come home and I will leave them alone.

Jenn, a few months ago Can Tire had a scratch and win promotion which you could win $5,000, Can Tire Gift cards of varying denominations or a McCain Deep 'n Delicious Cake - which I won! The way I carried on you'd have thought it was top prize!

Lavern08

Sit Down, and Shut Up!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Haagen-Dazs Rum Raisin

But like Kyla, I don't feel guilty.

I should, but I don't.

Stop hatin' on me - Just stop it! :tongue

Pikko

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.pikkoshouse.com
*had mashed potatoes with sour cream for breakfast*

*because, why not?*

Have you ever made Pioneer Woman's mashed potatoes? I make them every year for Thanksgiving and Christmas and I usually get people asking "is this the regular or the light version?" cause her "regular" recipe is rather... alarmingly filled with asstons of butter and cream cheese.

sassandgroove

Sassy haircut
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I have to add to my list. Mocha.
I've been indulging a lot lately because there currently resides, in the break room at my office, hot chocolate packets and fancy flavored creamers. I usually drink my coffee black but mmmmmmmmmm

sassandgroove

Sassy haircut
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Have you ever made Pioneer Woman's mashed potatoes? I make them every year for Thanksgiving and Christmas and I usually get people asking "is this the regular or the light version?" cause her "regular" recipe is rather... alarmingly filled with asstons of butter and cream cheese.

my grandmother had me convinced that she had a special recipe for mashed potatoes that she only made for me. Well it was half true. I figured out later that she probably just used instant when it was just her and grandpa so the "special" recipe was just that she made them. But yeah, she used real butter, lots of it, and whole milk or cream. O.M.G.

Pikko

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.pikkoshouse.com
Well, here's the recipe I use: http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2007/11/delicious_creamy_mashed_potatoes/

Ingredients list:

5 pounds Russet Or Yukon Gold Potatoes
3/4 cups Butter
1 package (8 Oz.) Cream Cheese, Softened
1/2 cup (to 3/4 Cups) Half-and-Half

1/2 teaspoon (to 1 Teaspoon) Lawry's Seasoned Salt
1/2 teaspoon (to 1 Teaspoon) Black Pepper

I cut the cream cheese and butter down when I go "light" and it still tastes sinful.

dantefrizzoli

Banned
Spammer
Reaction score
Anything from Tommy's Hamburgers... mmm, their chili is bomb diggity!

RedRajah

Special Snowflake? No. Hailstone
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Munchos (potato crisps)
Oreos
Pop Tarts
Cheetos
Ben & Jerry's Phish Food or Chubby Hubby

sassandgroove

Sassy haircut
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Well, here's the recipe I use: http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2007/11/delicious_creamy_mashed_potatoes/

Ingredients list:

5 pounds Russet Or Yukon Gold Potatoes
3/4 cups Butter
1 package (8 Oz.) Cream Cheese, Softened
1/2 cup (to 3/4 Cups) Half-and-Half

1/2 teaspoon (to 1 Teaspoon) Lawry's Seasoned Salt
1/2 teaspoon (to 1 Teaspoon) Black Pepper

I cut the cream cheese and butter down when I go "light" and it still tastes sinful.

wow. I've never used cream cheese. I have used sour cream or ranch dressing. I'm usually cooking for hubby and me so I use two potatoes, some smart balance butter, some 1 % milk, and either some chicken broth or a little salt (which I add to the water to cook the potatoes). I don't measure. If I put too much milk, I add some potato flakes to thicken it up.

jennontheisland

the world is at my command
Registered
Reaction score
Jenn, a few months ago Can Tire had a scratch and win promotion which you could win $5,000, Can Tire Gift cards of varying denominations or a McCain Deep 'n Delicious Cake - which I won! The way I carried on you'd have thought it was top prize!
Dude. Free cake. Totally worth carrying on about.

And now it's dinner time. Absolutely nothing healthy is coming to mind...

cornflake

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Peanut butter and butter?! I'll have to try this!

Try peanut butter and cream cheese. Or fresh-ground pb and young chevre, the updated, foodie version.

I have to add to my list. Mocha.
I've been indulging a lot lately because there currently resides, in the break room at my office, hot chocolate packets and fancy flavored creamers. I usually drink my coffee black but mmmmmmmmmm

I had a THING for a while with hot cocoa with Bailey's generously added. So ridiculously good. It's also good added to coffee, of course.

blacbird

Registered
Reaction score
Ketchup Chips are ketchup flavoured potato chips - several brands here "Old Dutch" and "Lays" are the most popular although I'm sure others make them as well.

"Old Dutch" has made absolutely the best barbecue potato chips ever, for half a century or more now. Growing up in the northern Midwest, I could get these things, and got addicted to them. Alas, they are not marketed very far and wide, and I certainly cannot get them in Alaska.

But, for my guilt food, I like reindeer sausage, made by a couple of local companies up here. I'm pretty sure my cardiologist would have angina if he heard me say this.

caw

angeluscado

Registered
Reaction score
Vanilla Coke - thankfully, it's insanely hard to find up here (I think the stores that do have it import from the UK and it's stupidly expensive) so I don't indulge often.

Poutine - any kind - but I love the pulled pork poutine from the restaurant across the street from my work.

Kraft Mac and Cheese with, of all things, hot dogs. I grew up on that stuff. Don't judge.

C.bronco

I have plans...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
cynthia-bronco.blogspot.com
An Overton's hotdog in Norwalk, CT. It's a chilidog wrapped in bacon with cheese and onion. My MomAlways calls me after she goes there. I haven't had one since 2010; I think about it often. Also, guacamole.

Pikko

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.pikkoshouse.com
Back in my hometown at this one drive in they have a gravy cheeseburger. I'd kill for one right now. They use the simple cheapy white bun, Kraft cheese, and gravy and it's sooooo good. I need to try to replicate it one day...

Kylabelle

unaccounted for
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
In Morehead City, North Carolina, there is an old-fashioned drive-in, El's, next to the hospital. They have something called a shrimpburger, which is nothing more than fried shrimp on a hamburger bun, with homemade coleslaw as a dressing. They make their slaw with ketchup, which I'd never heard of.

Anyway, these shrimpburgers are totally killer. Nowhere else in the world has them.

RedRajah

Special Snowflake? No. Hailstone
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Escolar sashimi: I don't care (OK, I do a little) about the number it can to my guts -- It's soooooooo buttery! :D