UK meet thread [Sat 27 April 2013, London]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shakesbear

knows a hawk from a handsaw
Registered
Reaction score
Maythe! AWers do not sidle, they walk bravely up to the bar. Just ask at the bar for the nutters and you will directed.

waylander

Who's going for a beer?
Registered
Reaction score
Walk past the bar (or buy a drink first), there will be a door on the right with a sign saying 'private party' or something similar. Go through this door and up the stairs.
I will be there to welcome you.

waylander

Who's going for a beer?
Registered
Reaction score
Have we PM-ed all the other Brits (or at least the southern ones) on AW so that they know about this?

seun

Horror Man
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.lukewalkerwriter.com
I vote we wear name badges so we all know who's who. My name for the day shall be Wibble and I shall wear underpants on my head and stick two pencils up my nose.

eyeblink

Barbara says hi
Registered
Reaction score
Sadly I won't be able to be there. Payday isn't until the 30th and Eastercon has had an adverse effect on my wallet this month.

Have fun everyone.

Maythe

Registered
Reaction score
Mr. Flibble & Waylander - Thanks for the directions. I don't think I'll have any trouble recognising you all. After all who could miss a room with Rimmer, Scully and Vinnie Jones in it. That woman in my avatar isn't me by the way, I'm actually Helena Bonham-Carter. With an orange tan and white stilettos.

I'm off work ill. Obviously feeling even weirder than normal. Don't mind me, I shall babble quietly in the corner.

dpaterso

Also in our Discord and IRC chat channels
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
derekpaterson.net
I have confirmed the venue - the George on the Strand - at the time of 12pm. For those of you that don't know it, it's opposite the Royal Courts of Justice.
Did anyone post map links? I was curious enough to look this up, as I was chatting to a cousin who lives within a stone's throw and said he knew the George.

The George in the Strand on Google Maps

The George in the Strand pic

-Derek

Priene

Out to lunch
Registered
Reaction score
We're meeting in London, right? A small village on Mars, just outside the capital city, Wibble?

I tried to look up London on my Jarrolds Map of Norfolk. It's apparently a little bit beyond the edge of the world.

You finally prodded me into action. I shall be coming at an ungodly early hour and taking the 6pm train back. I'll be the tall bloke who looks a bit like Andy Murray's mum. But not Andy Murray, obviously.

seun

Horror Man
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.lukewalkerwriter.com
You finally prodded me into action. I shall be coming at an ungodly early hour and taking the 6pm train back. I'll be the tall bloke who looks a bit like Andy Murray's mum. But not Andy Murray, obviously.

Nice. I'm going to Google Andy Murray's mum* to get a heads up.

*This is not a pervy thing.

Shakesbear

knows a hawk from a handsaw
Registered
Reaction score
I tried to look up London on my Jarrolds Map of Norfolk. It's apparently a little bit beyond the edge of the world.

What time train? I'll be travelling on the 08.17 from the next station down from you. Only I have to admit that I will be first class. (nothing new there!) which is affordable as I have a senior rail pass!

Nice. I'm going to Google Andy Murray's mum* to get a heads up.

*This is not a pervy thing.

Yes it is pervy! What does Mrs Seun think of this?

I look forward to it. People who wear their pants on their heads are my favourite kind of people.

You are so going to fit in.

I am the white haired rotund (synonym for overweight) old biddy who may bring her teddy bear.

Status
Not open for further replies.