InfoBarrel: 75%+ revenue sharing, lots of traffic, and writers are respected

Status
Not open for further replies.

hunhundred

Banned
Spammer
Reaction score
I’ve been writing on InfoBarrel for several months now and I've found it to be one of the best content sites to work with. I truly recommend it.

Unmatched by other content sites, writers receive 75% of the ad revenue their articles earn on InfoBarrel. However, there are constant opportunities to increase this percentage. Monthly contests, in which points are earned through publishing articles and submitting them to be featured on the homepage the upcoming month, can increase your ad revenue an additional 15% for the next month.

For added income, writers can input Amazon Affiliate links within their articles.

The pros include income, increased exposure, the outlet to sharpen writing skills, and future passive income. There is a great amount of freedom and respect for the writers. The writer community there is strong, active, and very helpful.

Here is my InfoBarrel Referral Link.

Anyone who uses it should not hesitate to pm me with any questions you may have, including SEO keyword ideas. I'd be more than happy to help get you going.

I truly hope it benefits others as it has for me.

veinglory

volitare nequeo
Self-Ban
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.veinglory.com
You love it and would like us to click your affiliate link, nothing fishy there : /

I wrote for infobarrel for a while. The traffic is poor even compared to other post-Panda content sites and there is no way to directly delete your content when you want to leave. I would not list it in the top 5 content sites to write for right now.

hunhundred

Banned
Spammer
Reaction score
Im experiencing success. Traffic is strategy. Personally, stumbleupon and pinterest generates a ton of my views.

Im simply speaking where i see a void - Im offering my counsel to anyone who uses my referral link.

InfoBarrel has multiple unique features that other content sites cannot match. A lot of them are falling by the wayside.

Deleting content isn't an issue for anybody interested in creating serious residual income. Plus, it is common knowledge that once anything goes online it can never be undone.

Working writers should know about InfoBarrel as they build their portfolio.

herdon

What's up?
Registered
Reaction score
Website
ipad.about.com
So you won't offer council to people who don't use your referral link? That pretty much makes this post spam then, doesn't it?

veinglory

volitare nequeo
Self-Ban
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.veinglory.com
The traffic per page of a content site is public info and Infobarrel does not compare well.

Traffic is by no means just individual strategy. The sites Panda response and general acceptability to Google is hugely important (Panda penalized most content sites). On that front Infobarrel places their writers at a disadvantage to other content sites who managed Panda better.

Things like this are part of what a content writer offering mentoring should know all about, because when it comes to content, Google is still the king money maker for the top earners.

Last edited:

hunhundred

Banned
Spammer
Reaction score
Compare well to what? Do you get 75% of ad revenue your articles generate from these unmentioned, but better sites?

A massive industry is built upon the fact that traffic is strategy. Everybody and their grandma are trying to get traffic and make money online. It's an extremely saturated market. This is why things like search engine optimization, cost per click, cost per impression exist.

InfoBarrel is great for anyone that can strategically research keywords then with that information go on to write strong articles that provide a benefit to the audience.

Nothing's perfect. I am doing well on InfoBarrel. I've put in a good amount of work and have been very happy with the results. I recommend other writers willing and interested to explore it.

veinglory

volitare nequeo
Self-Ban
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.veinglory.com
"Compare well" to other content sites on hits per published page (the average infobarrel page gets one hit every 2 days, the average hubpages page gets six hits per day). 75% of 0.05 unfavorable to 60% of 6.

The content industry is based on search engine traffic and not being downgraded by Google. The same content writer's strategy will make more money on a site that does these things well than on a site that does them poorly.

Other content sites are even more great in these regards. I say this as a person using more than one site simultaneously, one of which is Infobarrel.

Some things are less imperfect than others. An informed referral motivated primarily by a desire to help others would take that into account. Online publishing is like any other kind of publishing in that regard.

On a related note: affiliate links are not permitted in these forums. I am sure all your points would apply equally if you were not able to profit from them, right? So I suggest making that into a non-affiliate link.

Last edited:

veinglory

volitare nequeo
Self-Ban
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.veinglory.com
To be more specific about relative amount of income per unit of writing: I find Infobarrel to be better than Wizzley but not as good as Hubpages or Examiner. I see similar rankings from other multi-platform users.

Status
Not open for further replies.