I'm looking for erotica beta readers

acitore

I don't get the point of user title
Registered
Reaction score
Hi all-

I'm starting to look for a few beta readers for my short erotica writings. I have a backlist of about 30 stories, on average they're 4-6 pages long (MS Word/Open Office). I've already edited and proofread 4 of them myself a few times, so obvious mistakes shouldn't be findable. And of course they have explicit scenes.

If you're interested, please contact me with what type of erotica you're not willing to read, what you're willing to check for, and what your experience with beta reading includes. I'd like to have feedback within a 2 week period.

I put this post here instead of the beta readers because I'm specifically looking for readers who have experience reviewing erotica. I can offer my reviewing skills on your short stories, however I have no experience in beta reading, so I'd like to have something to go on first. Thanks!

Last edited:

Maryn

Baaa!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Nice to meet you, and welcome!

I'll make the same recommendation you'd probably get from someone else if you'd made your request at the Beta board: While AW's members are generally a giving group, those who seek the effort of a beta read are more likely to get it--or several, which is even better--if they take the time to get acquainted with others who write their genre, including giving critique at the appropriate Share Your Work board. (Erotica's got its own password. To get it, PM [private message] me and/or veinglory with your request and saying you're 21 or older, if that's the case. We're both online many times a day.)

To clarify something which often confuses new arrivals, you do not need to have any set number of posts to give critique at any SYW board. AW requires that you have 50 posts only to receive critique.

Once you have 50 posts, ideally some of them taking the time to give feedback to others, you can post your own work at SYW, where you will not only get feedback you can use to make the story the best it can be, but where the people most likely to offer to beta read will see if your style and content suits them.

Maryn, genuinely glad you're here