Resources for Covers

CharleeBeck

Registered
Reaction score
Before anybody says that I should get one professionally done, I've considered it and I am not going to. I would for a larger project, but it doesnt make sense to shell out any serious money for a cover to sell some 99 cent erotica. Therefor, I really need some resources for finding images/creating covers if anybody has them. I really want free images if that's at all possible, but I'd settle for inexpensive ones. And help would be adored <3

Sentosa

Banned
Reaction score
This reply may be of little help to you.

About 20 years ago I bought a collection of images "Art Explosion". I can't tell you how many there are, but the collection is housed over 29 DVDs, and the catalogue which indexes them runs to 1385 pages.

Not inexpensive, but has saved me a fortune.

I've not been able to find this in shops these days.

Maybe someone is still producing it, somewhere. Good luck

Found a source: http://www.novadevelopment.com/software/art-explosion-800000-128989

Last edited:

Elly_Green

Daydreamer or Living Nightmare
Registered
Reaction score
Website
eratosmusings-erotica.blogspot.com
May I offer a suggestion?

The better the cover, the more professional your work will appear, and the better it will sell, assuming the writing is good and professionally edited. There are a lot of people who get joy from sharing poor/made-it-yourself titles on other sites. No one reads the book, they've already judged its quality from the cover.

Just my two-cents worth, but I've seen the harm a poor cover does first hand and would suggest you look into something like Fiverr for cheaper, quality, ebook covers instead of doing it yourself unless you have graphic design experience.

Suzyn

Registered
Reaction score
I am thinking of going the Fiverr route but want to find out first what experience others have had with it. I know a quality cover is an investment, but since I'm just starting out, I can't justify spending a large amount on covers the sale-price stories I'll put out to test the waters.

Fiverr feedback, anyone?

c.m.n.

Beary cute ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Registered
Reaction score
I don't have experience with Fiverr, myself, but I'd also say check there. You can also check free stock art sites. Just be sure the images can be used for commercial art. Also, remember if it's free, it's probably been used over and over again.

Have any friends who wouldn't mind being a 'headless' model? Have a digital camera? Take your own photos? Just a thought. :D

You can also try Deviantart. There are some artists that advertise on Fiverr, and some REALLY need money so will do work for $5.

Oh. Some pre-made cover artists have sales. Check their websites for sale areas and/or artists who are currently 'going out of business'.

marcievaliant

Registered
Reaction score
I was thinking Fiverr myself, actually! There's a few with really good feedback/reviews on the site. And I mean... for 5$, I could probably afford to write it off if it turned out to be garbage.

marcievaliant

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks for the link, Elly. Your covers are awesome, so this is a handy link to have!

K. Q. Watson

Registered
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
If you're handy with Photoshop, You can find a lot of free stock images on DeviantArt. But read the rules and terms set by the artists, some require you not to use their work in a commercial venture.