Welcome, Lurkers!

Beachgirl

Not easily managed
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome, FCChen! I see Maryn, our resident hostess, has already greeted you. We're a pretty friendly group and we try not to bite, unless you want us to. :evil

FCChen

All Ogre Now
Registered
Reaction score
Thank you very much for the warm welcome, Beachgirl! :D Loving those covers of your books, by the way. (Glistening abs do make one have a tendency to drool... :p)

Beachgirl

Not easily managed
Registered
Reaction score
Thank you very much for the warm welcome, Beachgirl! :D Loving those covers of your books, by the way. (Glistening abs do make one have a tendency to drool... :p)

I know, right? I keep having to refrain from licking my avatar. It makes a real mess on my screen!

Amie Dore

Registered
Reaction score
Hey all.

It's time for me to de-lurk, some things have happened in my life that mean I have the time to kick start my writing. That, and i've got to get these characters out of my head and into a word doc. Hopefully then they'll stop running about causing mayhem!

Maryn

Baaa!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Amie, welcome to you! We always like to see new people come by.

Maryn, a little scared of those teeth of yours, though

FCChen

All Ogre Now
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome, Amie! :) I'm very new as well, and I just have to tell you that you've just entered a crazy world filled with very helpful people. :D

Maryn

Baaa!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Are you sure it's not a helpful world with crazy people?

Maryn, who should be out the door but is drinking coffee instead

Amie Dore

Registered
Reaction score
Are you sure it's not a helpful world with crazy people?

Maryn, who should be out the door but is drinking coffee instead

Haha love it and thanks all for the welcome, I have will have some questions really soon. Just concentrating on writing my goal of 1000 words per day at the moment (after I scrapped the 5000 words i'd done - re-plotted and started at a new point in the story!) and learning a little about the business of getting published, still looking at the difference between a small house (something like totally bound - mainly cause they are in UK like me) or the self pub route.

I'm thinking that a hybrid of the two might suit me will have to see.

Hermit Crab

Hermit
Registered
Reaction score
Wow, dirty-minded writers! I HAVE FOUND MY PEOPLE. :D

I am so happy that this forum exists. I started writing short erotica and self-publishing it at the end of January and it isn't easy to find people to talk with about it.

I'm writing under two different pen names because I don't want my employer nor people at church to know about my new venture. As you all probably know, it isn't a matter of being ashamed of it. I just don't want to deal with negative reactions.

So, hi! And thanks for being here! Now, back to lurking!

Maryn

Baaa!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Tut-tut! Back to lurking indeed!

We hope instead you'll get comfy and talk with us about your writing and yourself. Except for me, everybody around here's pretty nice.

Maryn, meaner than mean

Hermit Crab

Hermit
Registered
Reaction score
Ha, thank you, Maryn!

I've always written. The idea of being "A Writer" has always been a cherished dream of mine. I still don't feel like one, and I don't know what will make me feel like one. I'm going to be 54 this month. I just completed a BA degree in 2012 with a minor in creative writing. Even so, it took me a while to get confident enough to try to put my stuff out there. When I realized I could self-publish stuff I wanted to write, I knew I needed to try it.

I write as K. L. Gold and as Filthan Fowle. My stuff is pretty explicit. I like getting turned on as I write. :D My latest offering is actually erotic horror. That was really fun to do.

I self-identify as "queer." I have been in love with people of both sexes.

I've got four novels started, but something about the prospect of finishing a novel is daunting. None of them are erotica; in fact, one is YA. One is paranormal romance with erotic scenes.

I am finding self-publishing to be huge fun, and I even enjoy making covers. I bought a few of the first ones, but then decided to try making my own with Paint Shop Pro.

I think I've sold maybe around 200 ebooks since I started in late January. It's a thrill every time I sell one!

Maryn

Baaa!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Now I feel like I kind of know you. It's my pleasure!

Maryn, passing the plate of tea biscuits, because she's classy

Hermit Crab

Hermit
Registered
Reaction score
Tea biscuits! Why, Maryn, don't mind if I do. Thank you! (takes a tea biscuit and sips daintily from a cup of tea heavily laced with bourbon, pinky finger extended, because Hermit's a lady)

Maryn

Baaa!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Hey, that's some classy broad!

Although I can't quite imagine bourbon in tea.

Maryn, lacking imagination

Filigree

Mildly Disturbing
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.cranehanabooks.com
I've had it. Has a nice, warming glow.

<Snags tea biscuit, flops into the nearest empty chair, contemplates putting muddy boots on table, looks at Maryn, and recalibrates social niceties checklist.>

Welcome, Hermit Crab. I must say, I am completely enchanted with your pen name Filthan Fowle.

Hermit Crab

Hermit
Registered
Reaction score
Why, thank you, Filigree!! I work with a fellow who has probably the filthiest mind I've ever known, and the mouth to go with it. One of his favorite expressions is "filth and foul." I thought it had a nice ring to it. :D

Suzyn

Registered
Reaction score
Greetings!

After lurking through some threads late last night, I'm so happy to have found this site. Who'd have thunk an erotica writers forum would have a comfy, cozy, comedy club feel?

I've written non-fiction for years, but burned all fiction aspirations in a bonfire of self pity way back in high school. Not long ago I picked up a notebook and pencil to sit down and see what came out. Wasn't I surprised to see that what came out was six notebooks filled with concepts, ideas, outlines and quick drafts of....erotica novels.

More than surprised, I still stare at the notebooks with twitter-pated confusion. Did I do that?

So, I'm not yet a full-fledged author of fine erotica, but I am typing, refining and trying.

It's nice to meet you all :)

Maryn

Baaa!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Right back atcha, Suzyn. At one time there were no places where erotica writers were not treated like second-class citizens, until I found this place. Home at last!

Maryn, who actually got kicked out of two writing forums for attempting to discuss the craft of writing erotica, in entirely PG-13 terms

Sticks

Registered
Reaction score
Just sticking my head in to introduce myself and say hello. :Sun:

I'm a champion at lurking but decided it's time for me to participate a little more.

I'm so new at this I've yet to submit anything I've written for publication. I write and I write, then I hate what I write and tear it all up (aka hit delete) and then write some more. I needs discipline, I tells ya. :whip:

Looking forward to getting to know you all.

Filigree

Mildly Disturbing
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.cranehanabooks.com
Welcome, Suzyn and Sticks! We are kind of like a comedy club, aren't we?

Oh noes, Sticks - never delete *anything*. You can always strip mine it later. The two standalone novellas I'm working on right now started life 20 years ago as Short Stories Filigree Is Not Yet Qualified To Tell. I had to grow up a bit and gain some writing chops before I could revisit those stories.

Last edited:

Sticks

Registered
Reaction score
Welcome, Suzyn and Sticks! We are kind of like a comedy club, aren't we?

Oh noes, Sticks - never delete *anything*. You can always strip mine it later. The two standalone novellas I'm working on right now started life 20 years ago as Short Stories Filigree Is Not Yet Qualified To Tell. I had to grow up a bit and gain some writing chops before I could revisit those stories.

You make a good point, Filigree.

I'm at a stage where as I'm writing, I think everything looks great. Then I come back to read what I wrote the day before and I'm like, who came up with this junk.

I quite like this club, comedy or otherwise. First round's on me.

RainHanley

be magical
Registered
Reaction score
Website
rainhanley.wordpress.com
Hi all,

I've been lurking for a while but I decided it is time to show myself.
I never thought I'd be 'brave' enough to write erotica but I stumbled upon a story that I really loved and since then I couldn't forget about it.
So yeah, here I am, still hiding my identity but not my erotic stories. I'm glad that this place exists and I don't have to feel ashamed or anything like that, thanks to you guys (yes, lurking really helps to realize things like that).

I'm looking forward to being a part of this forum and getting to know you :)