AprNoWriMo and Script Frenzy!

VP_Benni

likes a colorful font
Registered
Reaction score
Good luck. :)

27 more days of school for me... Should feel like the year's winding down, but I really just feel overwhelmed. >.>

Bleh. Anyone ready for May? (I could use another 5 days or so in April... No school, no books, no family, no sleep... Just me, my laptop, and some paper to write stuff down on... I'd have my Spanish done really quickly)

~Amber~

K. Taylor

Bah Humbug
Registered
Reaction score
Website
carlakrae.blogspot.com
OLL sent out an e-mail today that Script Frenzy won't be held anymore.

As a result of the decreasing turnout and the corresponding decline in fundraising, the OLL Board of Directors voted last month to end Script Frenzy. This decision wasn't based solely on Script Frenzy's financial considerations, but on the resources that OLL requires to host and improve this and our other annual programs.

By devoting full-time staff power and funds to National Novel Writing Month, its Young Writers Program, and Camp NaNoWriMowhich together serve approximately 350,000 participantswe have the opportunity to grow and expand these flourishing programs and reach even more aspiring novelists around the world.

In the coming months, we'll create a Script Frenzy forum on the NaNoWriMo site to host all things scripty, and help participants stay in touch. We are also working on a way to archive the Script Frenzy resources so they are still accessible to participants.

Kudos to the heroic team who made Script Frenzy such a walloping and wonderful creative adventure these many years: Founder Chris Baty; Program Director Sandra Salas; past Directors Jen Arzt and Kristina Malsberger; the OLL board; our greathearted Script Frenzy Municipal Liaisons; and of course, the intrepid scriptwriters themselves.

ShadowFox

Registered
Reaction score
That's a pity. It was quite good fun to do it in April... I am glad I managed to make the time since I almost put if off a year.