The No News is No News Purgatory Thread, Vol. 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leanan-Sidhe

leaving trails of fairy dust
Registered
Reaction score
:e2fairy:*Fairy dust* for Rick!

Xiao and Kellion, good luck at your library events!

Maryn

Baaa!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Good morning, everyone.

Maryn, not really contributing

Tasmin21

They will come from below...
Registered
Reaction score
Blargh. I was here 15 minutes before I wanted to kill someone, and that's only because it took that long for my computer to boot up.

Medicating with a pumpkin latte and a chicken biscuit.

*sulk*

NIYRAK

Plot Ninja's on the loose!
Registered
Reaction score
*waves*

So yeah, it's Wednesday....right??? ok just checking...

Nothing to report here, just banging my knees on my desk and waiting for bossman to come in and be in his normal passive-agressive mood...

*repeats over and over in head*...

"I NEED htis job, I am THANKFUL to have this job...
"

sammyig

Vampire Connoisseur
Registered
Reaction score
Morning all.

My bookstore magic appears to be working. tee hee.

My Spanish class went well last night. My teacher told me that I have a great Spanish accent and he enjoys listening to me speak it. Who knew?

Managed to help a friend not be evicted yesterday... And I got a couple of scenes written. If I can manage to get a section of this thing written a week- maybe, just maybe, I can query it before the trend is over. *laughs wholeheartedly to self* Yeah- my luck- that's not gonna happen.

sunna

Registered
Reaction score
It was fantastic to meet you! So pleased you had a good time. :LilLove:

Yes! And I realized, after we got back to the car to head to Fire's, that Talk Like A Pirate Day was actually that day. So all my "HARD TO STARBOARD"s while Mr. Sunna rowed were perfectly timely. :D

Mernin, purgs! Still adjusting to the time difference: woke up a bit later today, which was good - though I think that mostly had to do with the belated and blissful realization that the f#&king bird that spent the hours between 4 and 6 am chirping into my bedroom window at 100 decibels has finally moved onto warmer climbs. I don't think I'd realized how much that was messing up my day.

Good riddance, tiny, irritatingly loud brightly-beaked motherf#*ker.

Also, for yous YA writers: Egmont will be looking at pitches on the 15th. Deets here: http://staceyoneale.com/2012/09/18/pitch-on-details/

Calla Lily

On hiatus
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.aliceloweecey.net
Bought a bottle of champagne last night to celebrate. Also bought a tiny bottle of honey brandy, which I am surprised how much I like it.

Question for all Purgys who are more experienced in booze than I am: I fulfilled a longtime desire and bought a small bottle of absinthe. I know there are specific steps to it involving a sugar cube(?) and something else(?). Help?

CalebJMalcom

And behold... A seed!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
just a morning check in.

I think there needs to be a smiley inside a tornado that switches back and forth to be smiling and then looking crazed. That would be very appropriate for me.

anyway have a wonderful day.

Tasmin21

Registered
Reaction score
Just got word from a friend that a coworker of theirs has named their newborn son Jesse Dawson. While it is not confirmed that it IS after my character, they DID loan said coworker my books before this happened.

Does this mean I win?

Amarie

carpe libri
Registered
Reaction score
Question for all Purgys who are more experienced in booze than I am: I fulfilled a longtime desire and bought a small bottle of absinthe. I know there are specific steps to it involving a sugar cube(?) and something else(?). Help?

I've only tried it once, and that time it just involved pouring a small amount into a glass, adding a sugar cube, adding water, I think it's 1 part absinthe to 4 parts water (?) and stirring.

sammyig

Vampire Connoisseur
Registered
Reaction score
"I'll get you my pretty..."

Let's put it this way- my final paper for my art history degree was on the influence of absinthe on 19th century French art.

You need real absinthe- for one. It's hard to get in some places, easier in others. The slightly milkiness (louche) that happens when you drizzle it over the sugar cube isn't as strong as it used to be. Basically, because of the alcohol regulations, etc.

You simply need a slotted spoon to place over your glass containing one shot of absinthe, sugar cubes, and water. The amount of water is to your taste.

If you want to get really fancy, you can get replica absinthe spoons, carafes, and glasses online.

sammyig

Vampire Connoisseur
Registered
Reaction score
You wouldn't believe the books and papers I had to read to prepare for that paper. I still have the paper saved if you'd ever like to read it, Haupe. :)

dystophil

Wielder of the Literary Lead Pipe
Registered
Reaction score
Website
alexharrow.blogspot.com
My only experience with absinthe was in my Freshman year at Frankfurt university when my Czech roommate brought us a bottle and my other roommate Gerald tried to convince us that we would have a better experience if we lit it on fire. Things went downhill from there... :tongue

Tasmin21

Registered
Reaction score
Redneck wisdom: Everything is better deep fried or on fire.

Status
Not open for further replies.