The No News is No News Purgatory Thread, Vol. 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cricket18

Gnawing my hairless tail
Registered
Reaction score
"Does the pope sh*t in the woods?" That was big in the Cricket household, once we were older, of course. *coughs*

Remember I told you all about my friend who got colon cancer? Well, she got a clean bill of health--yay! However, her 8 yo niece has leukemia and will have chemo for the next 3 years. She just lost all her hair and is not doing well with it at all. :cry:Sorry to be a downer. Just makes me so sad.

Jo, happy b-day! Any fun plans?

phoenix

rising from the ashes
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.lizmichalski.com
Hugs, Cricket.

Thanks for the suggestion, guys. Since small ones are involved, I'm opting toward the French toast casserole -- if it were just adults, the salmon would be the way to go. (I actually just bought smoked salmon at the farmer's market, so that might be a good dinner for me tonight!)

Tasmin21

They will come from below...
Registered
Reaction score
Two batches of snickerdoodles done, resulting in about 4 and a half dozen cookies. *dies*

firedrake

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Mimosa would be great.... Um what is a champers? The google gods have failed me on this one.

Champagne.

(((Cricket))) Childhood leukemia sucks. I'm so sorry. :(

K. Taylor

Bah Humbug
Registered
Reaction score
Website
carlakrae.blogspot.com
My great aunt used to say "She'd jar your mother's preserves," and "Hold the candle while I shave the baby's chin." No idea where they came from.

Lily, love the new color.
Happy Birthday, Jo.
Dys, enjoy the mocha!

Anyone have a fail-safe, easy breakfast treat I can make for Christmas morning? We have one set of parents leaving before the big dinner, and I wanted to do something a little special...

Casualty. Scrambled eggs with whatever else you want to throw in 'em like chopped ham, bits of onion, potatoes, etc. My step-relatives go-to for no-fuss breakfast. All goes in one pan.

ION, I just lost almost 6 hours on Anc3stry.com. Uh, again. I was really good and didn't look at it for a long time, but then I wanted to look something up and....yeah. It had all these new leaves of info and I finally for two names filled and that opened up a bunch of stuff and.....time sink.

I finally got my grandfather's mother's maiden name from a form his brother had filled out. Then I got my dad's mother's side to branch out and discovered all the last names I remembered him telling me. The neatest thing is that distant relatives have put up some photos of these people.

Little1

Hakuna Matata
Registered
Reaction score
Omg FOOD pr0n!!!!!!

:( will be sending healing thoughts cricket :(

Dawn Schaefer

Registered
Reaction score
*Perks up* Food P0rn? Where???

Happy birthday, Jo!

I had a yummy brunch in an old grain mill today. Best meal I've had since moving to Virginia - I was beginning to worry my San Francisco food snobbery had ruined me for life.

Someone please explain to my husband that having a bunch of neighbors over to watch the 49ers play tonight does not equal holiday party. I don't care if food is involved, it's not a Christmas party and there should be no Karoke.

(in a small whisper: CRUSHED is steady climbing the charts and cracked the top 1000 yesterday for a brief, shining moment. I may have cried a little).

Vespertilion

Flying blind on a rocket cycle.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Sitting in the airport again, waiting for our very delayed plane. Yaaaaay, holiday travel.

French toast casserole fo me, if we're voting.

vfury

Hearts the furrily challenged.
Registered
Reaction score
(((Cricket and friends))) :(

Frantically packing before hopefully a full six hours of sleep. And then the Christmas Eve shift (always fun, as it's just a matter of throwing extra stock anywhere there's a gap and what we have is what we have, and that's it!) and then the 6pm train and HOME!

My plan for Christmas Eve is to get more than six hours of sleep. :D

ink wench

ray of motherf#%&ing sunshine
Registered
Reaction score
Happy birthday, Jo! :partyguy:

(((Cricket and friends)))

Dawn, congrats!

(((Clovia)))

Preemptively wishing all you Christmas-celebrating sorts a merry one! We're hitting the road to the ILs tomorrow, and I'll probably be offline for a while.

sunna

Registered
Reaction score
Allo, purgs! Very quick fly-by post from Newark, where Mr. Sunna and I are waiting for our flight to San Francisco. Sounds like the first wave of SunnaFam just landed and is even now invading the (not-so) sunny shores of California.

This is going to be an epicly crazed holiday week: all of my sibs, and all of their kids, in one house for 8 days. It should be a festival of insults, weird drinks, bitching about various family members, increasingly unrealistic and dangerous dares, and progressively sharper and wittier snappy comebacks. I already feel a bit bad for the SOs. :D

And before this, I get to see my darling Blond and meet the infamous JL. :hooray:

Anywhar, I just want to wish you all a full, happy, and healthy holiday. Good luck with the family crowds, the cooking, the last-minute store dashes, the piles of wrapping paper, and the inevitable hangovers.

:heart: :heart: :heart:

Calla Lily

On hiatus
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.aliceloweecey.net
Safe travels and Merry Christmas sunna--and to Clovia too!

I am utterly jealous that you are meeting Blond and JL and once again they're on the East Coast and I'm missing them. :cry:

JoNightshade

has finally arrived
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.ramseyhootman.com
Thanks for the birthday wishes, folks! :) It really hasn't been a big deal for me since I had the kiddo, since we're so close together, but we went to a Christmas service at my in-laws' church (racking up in-law points) and then attempted to go to one of my favorite restaurants in the same area. Unfortunately the hazards of having one's birthday a couple of days from Christmas are that your favorite restaurants are not open... so we went to a casual Japanese place near our house. We'll make it back to the other restaurant sometime in January, I'm sure. :)

Lily- one saying we have in our family that I've never heard anyone else say is: "Slower than Ikey Forcus." My grandfather always said it, but I've never heard anyone else use it. All we could figure is that he knew some kid in school named Ikey Forcus who was extremely slow.

Okay, I am pretty sure I have heard this expression before. Where, I do not know. I am hoping if I just leave it sit in my brain a while the answer will pop out.

Yes, the cover W!D3 OP3n was up against was the one with the girl. In the semi-finals it's up against D!SC0UNT @RM@G3DD0N, which author has tons of fans and she's has been pushing it online, so yeah. But, like I said, it's been fun to get this far.

Well, let us know when we can vote. :)

Remember I told you all about my friend who got colon cancer? Well, she got a clean bill of health--yay! However, her 8 yo niece has leukemia and will have chemo for the next 3 years. She just lost all her hair and is not doing well with it at all. :cry:Sorry to be a downer. Just makes me so sad.

:( That's really awful. I hope the kid is okay.

Now, off for a little birthday nap. I hope.

Dawn Schaefer

Registered
Reaction score
I know holiday travel is a PIA, but I'm epically jealous of all of you getting to see family and friends. This is the first year we haven't spent the holidays with family. It doesn't help that I'm incredibly homesick for San Francisco, and want to go home more than anything.

Tasmin21

They will come from below...
Registered
Reaction score
Photobomb!

First: Forgive the fact that my hair's not done, and I have no makeup on.
Second: Forgive the poor lighting, kiddo was my photographer. I'll have better pics done when hubby can take them.

A wine vixen with hood:
WineVixenHoodresize_zpsd0fc3b68.jpg

And without the hood:
WineVixenresiz_zpsb97027f8.jpg

New outfit with an elf hood that I'm sharing with kiddo:
ElfHoodFrontresize_zpsb8864f49.jpg

And from the back:
ElfHoodBackresize_zpsd7ecad9a.jpg

And without the hooded vest:
Torianresize_zps46085d24.jpg

And that same corset, over my harem silks:
Silksresize_zps773c0d5e.jpg