So what's for dinner?

Maze Runner

Registered
Reaction score
Anything that'll adequately coat my stomach for that half a bottle of bourbon I'm going to drink.

Haggis

Evil, undead Chihuahua
Registered
Reaction score
Angel hair pasta in garlic and olive oil with sauteed shrimp and wee bit of Parmesan cheese.

CassandraW

Banned
Flounced
Kind Benefactor
Reaction score
homemade pizza with spinach, peppers, and mushrooms.

lunch consisted of three Godiva chocolates. (I was in writing mode. Things can get weird when I'm in writing mode.)

Haggis

Evil, undead Chihuahua
Registered
Reaction score
homemade pizza with spinach, peppers, and mushrooms.

lunch consisted of three Godiva chocolates. (I was in writing mode. Things can get weird when I'm in writing mode.)
It's not really pizza unless there's pepperoni on it.

CassandraW

Banned
Flounced
Kind Benefactor
Reaction score
It's not really pizza unless there's pepperoni on it.

Like I said, things get weird when I'm in writing mode.

(Didn't have any in the house. Never made it to the store, or out of the apartment. I did, however, brush my teeth this morning, so that's something.)

Haggis

Evil, undead Chihuahua
Registered
Reaction score
Like I said, things get weird when I'm in writing mode.

(Didn't have any in the house. Never made it to the store, or out of the apartment. I did, however, brush my teeth this morning, so that's something.)
I'm glad you didn't neglect your personal hygiene. Hygiene is an important thing.

*scratches self*

Fruitbat

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Dinner was at Carrabba's. I had a glass of wine and cioppino with baked ciabatta. With shrimp, scallops, fish, clams, and mussels. So good! I feel like going back there and re-doing it now. :)

Last edited:

auzerais

I like puppies.
Registered
Reaction score
Spaghetti squash with sausage. And wine. And a side dish of hostility, because what I really want is pasta. And bread. And carbs. Beautiful, luxurious carbs. Mmmm. Carbs.

Haggis

Evil, undead Chihuahua
Registered
Reaction score
Spaghetti squash with sausage. And wine. And a side dish of hostility, because what I really want is pasta. And bread. And carbs. Beautiful, luxurious carbs. Mmmm. Carbs.
Sadly, spaghetti squash has never done it for me. Kudos to those who like it. I ain't one of you.

auzerais

I like puppies.
Registered
Reaction score
Sadly, spaghetti squash has never done it for me. Kudos to those who like it. I ain't one of you.

I really find spaghetti squash enjoyable...as a squash. I'm deeply irritated that it wants me to believe that it is anything other than a squash.

Neegh

Banned
Reaction score
A huge pile of peel and eat shrimp with butter garlic sauce, cocktail sauce, and wasabi and honey sauce. And an awesome salad with homemade blue cheese dressing.

benbenberi

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
I really find spaghetti squash enjoyable...as a squash. I'm deeply irritated that it wants me to believe that it is anything other than a squash.

Agreed. I for one can't find anything in it remotely spaghetti-like except there's a lot of strands - but taste & texture are pure squash. Quite nice with butter & sage.

Fr my dinner: lamb shanks with white beans & tomatoes.(White wine, onions & herbs in the pot too.) Once the shanks are gone, I'll still have several lunches worth of beans-and-tomatoes.

Maze Runner

Registered
Reaction score
My wife bought a crock pot yesterday. We're trying to decide what to throw in there today. Leaning towards a pot roast, with potatoes and carrots and onions. Sounds pretty good.

harmonyisarine

Registered
Reaction score
I've got the house to myself for a week and a half and so the meals are becoming more wonderful.

Last night was pan-seared salmon with lemongrass and garlic, and I almost have the skin-searing trick down. I roasted asparagus to go with it. I meant to eat half the asparagus and save the rest, but it's all gone already!

Tonight, I think, will be the steak I got, cooked sous vide and then seared, with some spaghetti squash (with, as mentioned above, sage, but I prefer olive oil to butter).

kikazaru

Benefactor Member
Registered
Reaction score
Since we are still experiencing extreme cold here (-40 with the windchill) soup appeals to me. Today I made "Provencal Tomato Rice Soup" a recipe from epicurious which I've made often. It has a very delicious twist in that it's depth of flavour is enhanced by orange peel. Oranges and tomatoes have a wonderful affinity and with the addition of a bit of hot pepper, it's a beautiful thing to behold - and taste. As always I adapt recipes to what I have on hand, I didn't have fennel seeds so used fresh fennel, didn't have fresh basil so used dried (fresh would really elevate it!), used canned tomatoes (a can of diced and half a can of crushed) and I used brown rice.

http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/provencal-tomato-soup-with-rice-235737

Fruitbat

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I've been wanting to try a green drink so I dragged my guys to a smoothie place and we got all three different kinds they offered: apple strawberry kale, ginger berry greens, and citrus greens. The apple strawberry kale one was good, the other two not so much. We also got a separate "shot" of wheatgrass, which smelled (and I'd guess, tasted) like, well, grass. So, yeah, not ready to zoom out and buy a juice extractor yet.

Also, we didn't get the real deal because they were out of kale. With two employees there and no other customers and a grocery store in view, why didn't they go buy some more damn kale? I am starting to think the reason most small businesses go under within five years is because they really just can't be bothered with it, you know?

Last edited:

Neegh

Banned
Reaction score
Santa Maria style BBQ: Nice fat Tri-tip grilled slow over oak, grilled corn on the cob, real ranch beans, garlic bread and green salad with ranch dressing.