Old People Writing for Teens, IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

parumpdragon

I sometimes hiccup fire
Registered
Reaction score
Hehehe... yep ;)

I think evil dead was before my time. Sorry.

mellymel

Registered
Reaction score
I loved the one with John Lithgow too, but I also loved the one with Dex's brother, the Ice Truck Killer (? was that what he was called?).

Nightowl, have fun in Miami. It is a fun place, though I will say the driving around is sooooooooo confusing. We had our navigation with us, but omg, the highways and roads are crazy because they have exits on both sides of the roads, so the navigation was like "turn right in .5, then bear an immediate left for left side exit. We were constantly zipping across from one side of the highway to the other LOL. And dude, I can drive in NYC w/no probs, but this for me was scary. OH, and def find your way to Bayside. It was a really great little area with live music, restaurants, and tons of really interesting shops!

itsaplane

all the feels, ALL OF THEM
Registered
Reaction score
I've never seen Dexter before but I always wanted to, but now I feel like it's too hard to lay catch up.. might just stick with my Supernatural in the lonely corner over there.... hahaha.

mellymel

Registered
Reaction score
You are sooooooooo not lonely with Supernatural. Hubs and I are also huge fans of that show. We only get to see it on Netflix or by renting which means we haven't seen the last season yet. You can rent the seasons of Dexter and start with one. The season are all independent and yet there is this overlying arch throughout all the seasons that sort of connects them. I truly think it's one of the most brilliantly written shows out there. Though I may be biased. ;) We are also about to finish up with season 3 of Vampire Diaries. We only have a few epis left and then we have to wait for god knows how long for season 4. So, we'll start watching King of Thrones. :D (Ooh! And the next season of Walking Dead starts soon!)

Sage

Currently titleless
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
Congrats, parump!

Boo, Sage, on the no. Am I being too nosy to ask if you queried your publisher for Love Sucks? Does the project not fit their list? Are you looking for something else in a publisher?
Yeah, I'm definitely looking for something else in a publisher these days. :e2zipped:

But even before my LS experience, I would not have tried for a small e-only-publisher before trying other routes. LS was pretty weathered by the time I subbed there.

parumpdragon

I sometimes hiccup fire
Registered
Reaction score
Congrats, parump!

Thanks, but the lady at Random House only wants a couple of chapters. That's not even a Full. ;)

Posted by JKRowley
Boo, Sage, on the no. Am I being too nosy to ask if you queried your publisher for Love Sucks? Does the project not fit their list? Are you looking for something else in a publisher?

Yeah, I'm definitely looking for something else in a publisher these days. :e2zipped:

But even before my LS experience, I would not have tried for a small e-only-publisher before trying other routes. LS was pretty weathered by the time I subbed there.

As for my publisher, Entranced- I'm actually pretty happy with them. I mean, the books aren't out yet, but my editors are putting a great deal thought and care into my MS. They want them to be as perfect as they can be, and they're really doing a good job.

*As for Random House -- I wanted a little piece of paper with my name on it and 'Random House' printed at the bottom, and I got that.
~Then I wanted to see if I could get their interest.
~Now I'm trying not to freak out a bit... because this is where the bottom usually drops out. It has all other times for anything big/big name. It's the stage I hate for that reason.

Netz

Freshly caught writing bug lives!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
The view from my stained glass window suggests by

Sage

Currently titleless
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks, but the lady at Random House only wants a couple of chapters. That's not even a Full. ;)
No, it's a partial, silly, which is totally cheer-worthy

Aw, sorry to hear that, Sage. :Hug2: Did they give any reasons?
Uh huh. And, if it's okay with you, you may be getting a PM or e-mail later for thoughts, as you're the only other person who's seen both versions.

Freyja

Registered
Reaction score
Yay! The second book in my YA trilogy was just accepted!

In other news, for the very few guys who hang here, if your significant other asks you to take dance lessons, no matter how much you don't want to, say "yes." Sigh. Another hard lesson learned in the hard wastelands of Kansas.

Congrats!!!

How was she able to persuade you?? I've tried with my husband for years and he still won't budge.

Stuck In Kansas

Registered
Reaction score
Yep. Walking Dead. Yay! (Although am I alone in wanting Carl to get eaten? Or at least take off his stupid hat?). And remember, I watch everything.

Freyja! Good luck with your husband and dance lessons. It was a matter of learning I can't be selfish all the time, I guess. I gave in (although my inner grump and awkward self is screaming in silence).

parumpdragon

I sometimes hiccup fire
Registered
Reaction score

JKRowley

Registered
Reaction score
I'd be cheering at the personal reply part. A writer's life is hard.

I am meeting with some friends tomorrow to plan my book signing. I am kind of excited about it.

Although now I am something of a cliche since I have a box of books to sell in the trunk of my car.

parumpdragon

I sometimes hiccup fire
Registered
Reaction score
I'd be cheering at the personal reply part. A writer's life is hard.

I am meeting with some friends tomorrow to plan my book signing. I am kind of excited about it.

Although now I am something of a cliche since I have a box of books to sell in the trunk of my car.

Congratz on the signing!

I smiled at the personal reply, and hopped a couple times. But until I see "I love it" ... no more hopping.

nightowling

Maybe it was Utah.
Registered
Reaction score
I loved the one with John Lithgow too, but I also loved the one with Dex's brother, the Ice Truck Killer (? was that what he was called?).

Nightowl, have fun in Miami. It is a fun place, though I will say the driving around is sooooooooo confusing. We had our navigation with us, but omg, the highways and roads are crazy because they have exits on both sides of the roads, so the navigation was like "turn right in .5, then bear an immediate left for left side exit. We were constantly zipping across from one side of the highway to the other LOL. And dude, I can drive in NYC w/no probs, but this for me was scary. OH, and def find your way to Bayside. It was a really great little area with live music, restaurants, and tons of really interesting shops!

Yep, the Ice Truck Killer in season one.

Thanks for the Miami advice! I'll make a note of that Bayside area to remember for the future.

J.S.F.

Red fish, blue fish...
Registered
Reaction score
Kansas, congratulations!

Got an e-mail the other day confirming acceptance of Master Fantastic. Hopefully, the contract will be sent soon. Waiting on Mr. Taxi and Stand-in. We shall see.

Current WiP, LVTM, at 45000 words, tentatively planned for 58500. First part of a trilogy.

My wife is NOT into dancing. Good thing, too. She has tiny feet and I have two left ones.:D

wampuscat

Recovering adjective addict
Registered
Reaction score
Congrats, Kansas!

Congrats, J.S.F!

Congrats, Parump! (And yes, a partial is a big deal!)

Sorry about the R&R, Sage. I hope the feedback was helpful.

parumpdragon

I sometimes hiccup fire
Registered
Reaction score
LOL - thanks, but I'm still not holding my breath.

Meanwhile I am going over those first few chapters I'm going to send with a fine-tooth-comb. I want to make sure it is as close to perfect as I can get it, before I sub ;) LOL.

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
Hi, guys!

One of my tweets from earlier:

"#WriterConfession: Whenever I've seen Valentine's Day stuff today, I've been thinking of my #YASciFiRomance idea, NOT #StupidCupid! #random"

Has anyone else been in that sort of situation?

Status
Not open for further replies.