Men Have Problems.

mccardey

Self-Ban
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I like this, though.
When I first heard about the Men’s Rights Movement, I was naturally extremely interested. After all, I am a man, and I quite like having rights. In fact, I’m in favour of rights for all men, so any movement which supported that, I thought, would be right up my alley.

Imagine my disappointment when I discovered the Men’s Rights Movement is not so much a group of men making a serious attempt to address issues of importance to men, or trying to help male fellows everywhere become the best men they can be in the modern world, as it is a sort of United Federation of Crybabies: a semi-coordinated international network of drooling paranoiacs who think women are their enemy and take every advance made by a group that doesn’t include them as a direct attack on their basic human rights.

Read more at http://junkee.com/yes-men-have-prob...o-dealing-with-them/55345#rugtbPYKjZJBgIg9.99

Kaiser-Kun

!
Registered
Reaction score
I call them the Li'l Dick Squad.

There exist forums where Elliot "I don't know why you girls aren't attracted to me, but I will punish you all for it" Rodgers is seen as a hero.

Last edited:

Chris P

Likes metaphors mixed, not stirred
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Read more? No thanks. I run into prospective members every day and I come to the same conclusions you have.

ETA: a friend of mine often posts links from a website called "The Good Men Project". I find the articles there more uplifting and empowering than any macho chest-pounding BS.

Last edited:

ColoradoGuy

I've seen worse.
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.chrisjohnsonmd.com
Around the internets they're generally known as MRAs ("mens rights advocates"). They are a very sad and twisted group of people. See the recent Gamergate dustup for their pathology on display to all.

Kaiser-Kun

!
Registered
Reaction score
yigch.png

Last edited:

robjvargas

Rob J. Vargas
Banned
Reaction score
Around the internets they're generally known as MRAs ("mens rights advocates"). They are a very sad and twisted group of people. See the recent Gamergate dustup for their pathology on display to all.

And I wish I could figure out how to take that term back from them. They deserve their rightful label. Misogynists.

There *are* men's issues. But we've allowed these... males... to bury the real ones under this filthy umbrella.

CassandraW

Banned
Flounced
Kind Benefactor
Reaction score

Tips for men seeking to attract women:

(1) Don't call us "females." It's pretty much a dead giveaway that you regard women as creatures from another species rather than as fellow humans (and I've noticed that pretty much all these MRA guys are fond of using it).

(2) Don't refer to yourself as the "King of Sorrow." (Apropos of nothing -- I might know the woman for this guy. Long ago, I edited a little college poetry magazine, and one woman used to submit under the moniker "Queen of Pain." Her poetry was execrable, but he probably doesn't care about that.)

(3) Don't say stuff like "I thought females were impressed by guys with balls who approach and take what they want."

(4) When you use abbreviations like "LMS" (looks money status), you kind of give away that you've been taking seminars in how to pick up chicks, which is in itself a huge turn-off. Ditto with the terms "warm approach" and "cold approach."

(5) If you're timing eye contact, you probably are not coming off as a fun conversational partner.

(6) calling yourself an intellectual -- and misspelling it -- is not the way to pull in the intellectual chicks. Ditto with the word "success."

(7) The term "sex intercourses"? Not sexy. At all.

I've never met this guy, and I am already considering changing my phone number and going into the witness protection program to avoid him.

Last edited:

Chris P

Likes metaphors mixed, not stirred
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
RE Kaiser's post: This guy might just need to accept that meeting someone is hard. For everyone.

kuwisdelu

Revolutionize the World
Registered
Reaction score
(5) If you're timing eye contact, you probably are not coming off as a fun conversational partner.

I do that... I'm bad at social cues and would never remember to make eye contact otherwise... :(

I don't blame women for my awkwardness though.

SomethingOrOther

-
Registered
Reaction score
He knows "body languages", which I guess means that he converses via spontaneous interpretative dance. That's probably why he's the one putting most of the effort into his conversations.

CassandraW

Banned
Flounced
Kind Benefactor
Reaction score
I do that... I'm bad at social cues and would never remember to make eye contact otherwise... :(

I don't blame women for my awkwardness though.

Based on what I've seen of you here, Kuwi, I'm going to make a bet you generally come off as sweetly shy, and not like a potential serial killer. And shy is actually appealing to a lot of women.

There's no way this guy doesn't come off as scary.

Kaiser-Kun

!
Registered
Reaction score
(...)

8. Do not post stuff like this in a forum called "Sluthate.com". In fact, stay away from Sluthate.com, unless you go in to lol at the losers there.

Amadan

Banned
Reaction score

(1) Don't call us "females." It's pretty much a dead giveaway that you regard women as creatures from another species rather than as fellow humans (and I've noticed that pretty much all these NRA guys are fond of using it).

Get your acronyms straight, female. NRA guys usually only refer to females if they're talking about deer. Well, actually there may be a significant MRA/NRA crossover...

(2) Don't refer to yourself as the "King of Sorrow." (Apropos of nothing -- I might know the woman for this guy. Long ago, I edited a little college poetry magazine, and one woman used to submit under the moniker "Queen of Pain." Her poetry was execrable, but he probably doesn't care about that.)

They can get together under a blanket fortress, and share execrable poetry while listening to the Police.

(3) Don't say stuff like "I thought females were impressed by guys with balls who approach and take what they want."

Shoplifting... not a great mate-attractor.

(4) When you use abbreviations like "LMS" (looks money status), you kind of give away that you've been taking seminars in how to pick up chicks, which is in itself a huge turn-off. Ditto with the terms "warm approach" and "cold approach."

Look, those PUA spreadsheets are complicated. How's he going to track his negs and shit if he can't abbreviate?

It takes practice remembering not to stare at the boobies, okay?

(6) calling yourself an intellectual -- and misspelling it -- is not the way to pull in the intellectual chicks. Ditto with the word "success."

He is a nonconformist who does not subscribe to your conventional bourgeois notions of typography, female.

(7) The term "sex intercourses"? Not sexy. At all.

But it beats "Sexyfuntimes at my place boom chicka wowwow."

I've never met this guy, and I am already considering changing my phone number and going into the witness protection program to avoid him.

WELL AREN'T YOU JUST PROVING HIS POINT? BITCHES DON'T KNOW WHAT THEY WANT WHEN THEY SEE A SUCCESFUL INTELLECTAL NICE GUY WHO HAS LMS!!!

kuwisdelu

Revolutionize the World
Registered
Reaction score
Whenever I've tried dancing to attract mates, they've usually backed away slowly.

Supposedly women like dancing, but apparently you have to be good at it.

Brutal Mustang

Loves interplanetary chaos.
Registered
Reaction score
It's bad.

The other day, the horrid Return of Kings blog posted an article titled, 3 Reasons Why Most Female Writers Are Garbage. (Note: I used donotlink.com on this link, because I don't want to give this blog any hits that would raise it's rank on the internet.)

I have no idea how a blog like this hasn't gotten pulled off the internet. Or sabotaged. Or whatever. Free speech, I suppose.

CassandraW

Banned
Flounced
Kind Benefactor
Reaction score
Get your acronyms straight, female. NRA guys usually only refer to females if they're talking about deer. Well, actually there may be a significant MRA/NRA crossover...

DAMN MANSPLAINING MALE! YOU TRY TYPING ALL THAT ON A PHONE !!!!

Kuwi, if it's any comfort, not all women are into dancing. Most of the time, I'd rather listen to music than dance to it. Also, bad dancing is kind of endearing, IMO. And I know I'm not alone on this.

Brutal Mustang

Loves interplanetary chaos.
Registered
Reaction score
Kuwi, if it's any comfort, not all women are into dancing. Most of the time, I'd rather listen to music than dance to it. Also, bad dancing is kind of endearing, IMO. And I know I'm not alone on this.

Some of us women would rather stay at home and play video games. While listening to the in-game music.

Amadan

Banned
Reaction score
It's bad.

The other day, the horrid Return of Kings blog posted an article titled, 3 Reasons Why Most Female Writers Are Garbage. (Note: I used donotlink.com on this link, because I don't want to give this blog any hits that would raise it's rank on the internet.)

I have no idea how a blog like this hasn't gotten pulled off the internet. Or sabotaged. Or whatever. Free speech, I suppose.

Um, yes?

That article is as horrible and idiotic as most RoK articles, but I'll note it seems to be talking about female columnists/bloggers, rather than novelists (though I suspect he feels much the same way about the latter).

At least Nathaniel Hawthorne's misogyny had style.