Over 40? $50! Under 40? FREE ADMISSION!

BenPanced

THE BLUEBERRY QUEEN OF HADES (he/him)
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Considering the amount of blood, sweat, and tears we elders have shed over the decades so that these boneheads can even think about being openly gay, this makes my head hurt and my heart ache.

http://instinctmagazine.com/post/it-okay-only-charge-people-over-40-years-old-gay-event

Yikes. LGBT organization Impulse Group South Florida is under fire after hosting a highly publicized pool party event titled "Get Wet" at the recently renovated Vagabond Hotel in Miami where they imposed a very controversial entry fee: If you're over 40, pay up.

Like the title says, if you're attending and you're under 40 years old, admission's free. However, us old fucks over 40 have to pay $50. Great way to alienate a huge segment of the population but hey. I guess that's one way to get the tanned, toned, buffed, and beautiful crowd you'd rather have.

Osulagh

Independent fluffy puppy.
Registered
Reaction score
At least they're telling them up front rather than turning them away at the door for "reasons".

mccardey

Self-Ban
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
40 seems an odd cut-off. Is there a symbolic thing that I'm missing? I wouldn't mind at all if the young, impoverished and unsupported got in free, but - 40? And just because 40?

File under Things We Could Do Better, Next Time.

William Haskins

poet
Kind Benefactor
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.poisonpen.net
wait. gay people are sometimes tone-deaf, insensitive jerks?

just like normal people?