Rejectomancy

kalevin

Dark and twisty, like licorice.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.kalevingston.com
Was expecting a decision from DSF, but got a form R from Tor. First reaction? "Oh yay, DSF hasn't sent me an R yet!" *snerk*

Thank goodness that 8.5 month wait is over. I'm aiming for a quicker turn-around this time. ;)

Marzioli

Could be worse!
Registered
Reaction score
1-day Nightmare, 19-day DSF, and a loooong 32-day form R from Apex.

Last edited:

Eliza C

We’ll see what happens from here…
Registered
Reaction score
And there is my four day form R from Nightmare. Feeling discouraged today. Had some hope that I'd at least get a personal at four days with them.

Sorry for the R's everyone - especially the multiple ones.

fihr

Registered
Reaction score
Sorry for the R's, especially those longer ones that can give opportunity to raise hopes. Four days at Nightmare and 32 at Apex - that would raise my hopes a little. Shame that Tor takes so long yet always gives out forms, too.

Project Deadlight

Registered
Reaction score
Stupefying, Innsmth FP, PANK form Rs all rolled in. Forms for the bunch. My Apx and Allegory are still holding out in the final round... Still waiting word on a full on the novel too. Lots to be excited about, lots to be crushed by.

Last edited:

defcon6000

Banned
Reaction score
Sorry for all the R's guys, especially those long, "I think I might have a chance!" ones. :Hug2:

I'm waiting on L@mplight, as I saw them on Duo finally sending out R's. Also on Nine, who I queried a couple weeks ago---my sub is sitting at 72 days now.

Big, fat form R from Grim Corps.
Personally, I think Grim Corps is going to fail. They can't seem to make enough money on their kickstarter; and how much money they make will effect pay rates.

Marzioli

Could be worse!
Registered
Reaction score
I'm waiting on L@mplight, as I saw them on Duo finally sending out R's.
I'm subbed there at 95 days. No doubt you've seen the strange pattern to their responses by now: from 100-plus days sub rejections to 15-25-day sub rejections. Curiouser and curiouser.

V1c

Hmmmmm
Registered
Reaction score
Apx reject after being bumped up. And form at that. Off to another place, sigh.

Eliza C

Registered
Reaction score
Bzzy responded yesterday to my query of about a month ago for my July 26th sub. They say they responded earlier but it went astray. Form R, but it makes me feel better about the market to at least have heard from them at last.

alexshvartsman

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Bzzy responded yesterday to my query of about a month ago for my July 26th sub. They say they responded earlier but it went astray. Form R, but it makes me feel better about the market to at least have heard from them at last.

That sucks. It also doesn't make me feel so warm and fuzzy about my 50+ day submission there. Did you query at 60 days or 90?

Eliza C

Registered
Reaction score
That sucks. It also doesn't make me feel so warm and fuzzy about my 50+ day submission there. Did you query at 60 days or 90?

I queried right at 60 days as they had just finished a slush purge and I knew they wouldn't do another for a week or two. Took a month to get the response to the query.

renard79

Teacher in Space
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
21 day form from inkscrawl, 21 day personal from Through the Gate, 3 day personal from Star*Line.

Miffed at Through the Gate. Changed his guidelines on the website after issue 1, but not on Duotrope, which meant my poem wasn't the right genre. Mrrr. Annoying.

On the positive, Star*Line called the ending to one of my pieces "marvelous" and asked me to submit again.

And...a 104 form R from 42 Magazine. :/

Last edited:

gettingby

Registered
Reaction score
108-day rejection from 42 Magazine. That was a long wait.