question about No Response

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fruitbat

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Do publishers of erotica play by the same rules? Whereas, they, do not seem to send as-much as a reject back. And yes, I followed their guidelines.

I've never heard anything about erotica publishers doing business any differently than other publishers. Are you just talking about one publisher or more than one? And how long ago did you send your submission? If it was just one publisher, could be they lost it or have gotten behind on their reading.

Last edited:

francist44

Tenacious to a fault
Registered
Reaction score
Spotsylvania Virgina, not the vampire place
Website
www.writerfrans-cave.com
I've never heard anything about erotica publishers doing business any differently than other publishers. Are you just talking about one publisher or more than one? And how long ago did you send your submission? If it was just one publisher, could be they lost it or have gotten behind on their reading.

Thus far, I sent it two, one today; which don't, and one maybe 6 months ago.

Last edited:

Fruitbat

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I'd definitely check up on the one that's been out for six months, if you haven't already. If the guidelines don't mention it, Imo three months is a good rule of thumb for checking on a submission. And of course if you already have and they ignored you, well that's just unprofessional so probably time to move on and don't bother with that publisher again. Good luck!

Crocker Jarmen

Registered
Reaction score
And of course if you already have and they ignored you, well that's just unprofessional so probably time to move on and don't bother with that publisher again.

Earlier in the year, I sent a story to a magazine that didn't allow simultaneous submissions. They projected a response time of two-four months. I honored their no SS policy, didn't hear anything back after four months. After five months I sent a polite email asking for an update, it's nearly two months later and they never responded to that. I feel annoyed that I let them tie up my story for those five months.

TuckerMcCallahan

Insufferable Know-It-All
Registered
Reaction score
Name & Shame

Thus far, I sent it two, one today; which don't, and one maybe 6 months ago.

I'm not sure which erotica publisher you subbed to, but I had a rotten experience with Phaze over the summer. They're the arm of Mundania Press that publishes erotica, and wow... I subbed a novel on June 8. Their site says 60-120 days for a response. In September when I hadn't heard a thing, and I noticed they'd changed their website submission process so that all subs were going through Mundania, I emailed and asked for a status update. This was at the 90 day mark. Again, no response. Finally, on October 13, at 128 days, when I'd heard nothing and my request for a status report went over 30 days with no reply, I sent yet another email, this one to both Phaze and Mundania, officially withdrawing my submission. I wouldn't trust them to publish a bathroom book.

So if you've gone six whole months with no contact from a publisher and you've emailed requesting a status report during that time period? Name and shame them, doll. That's what the "Bewares" forum is all about.

Good luck to you. ~Tux

Status
Not open for further replies.