What book am I looking for?

Status
Not open for further replies.

chekzchevov

soup
Registered
Reaction score
Any help would be greatly appreciated. I read a book when I was younger that I thought was really good, although I'm not sure now if it was actually a good book. Anywho, for nostalgia's sake, I'm trying to find it again.

Main character's a boy. Moves into a new house or something. There's a garage filled with old stuff. Maybe a shed. Inside there's this weird old man/owl type creature that's all shriveled and borderline dead. The kid feeds it Chinese food and the owl man calls it the "nectar of the gods". Throughout the whole book he keeps feeding the creature Chinese food. There's also a girl who's a neighbor I think and he shows her the owl thing.

That's all I remember. Is this a popular book, or something obscure? Google couldn't help me and I have no idea who wrote it or what the book was called (obviously).

Brightdreamer

Just Another Lazy Perfectionist
Registered
Reaction score
Website
brightdreamersbookreviews.blogspot.com
Sounds like Skellig, by David Almond.

A boy with a sickly newborn sister finds a strange being in the garage of his new house - somewhere between man and bird and angel. The homeschooled neighbor girl helps him heal it; in doing so, he seems to be helping heal his sister.

Status
Not open for further replies.