Obsessive Rep Point Checkers Club (Volume IV)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vince524

Are you gonna finish that bacon?
Registered
Reaction score
Website
vincentmorrone.com
So I had a dream last night. I was a Jedi Master. I was also trying to bridge the gap between The New Republic and The Federation by serving in a long term exchange program. I was serving aboard the USS Enterprise D under Captain Picard. I was on a mission in a runnabout with Data, Worf, Crusher and LaForge when we were attacked by aliens outside a solar system. They thought we were destroyed, but we performed an emergency crash landing on planet. We found that 80% of the planets population had fallen victim to a plague which caused the deceased to continue to walk about with nothing but an instinct to feed. We encounter a group of survivors led by a Sheriff Rick Grimes. It takes some effort to gain their trust, but we do and discover that the aliens that shot us down had been behind the plague. In helping them, I discovered that the Sheriff's son Carl was force aware and took him as an apprentice to learn the ways of the force. Anyone care to interpret?

Vince524

Registered
Reaction score
Website
vincentmorrone.com
I get along great with my Mother-in-law. I loved my wife's grandparents. In fact, my wife's grandmother lived with us for a few years. We flew her down from Florida and took care of her.

It's the sister who annoys the crap out of me.

And don't get me started on her father.

Neurotic

Militant apathist
Registered
Reaction score
I get on well with my parents-in-law, and most of the siblings-in-law. There's just one crazy couple. And I almost never see them. I think I've seen them twice since I got here. Once because it was another BIL's birthday, and they still talk to him. The other time was because they wanted to borrow our trailer.

parumpdragon

I sometimes hiccup fire
Registered
Reaction score
For a brief moment all was right with the world and peeps were in the Reppers thread... *sigh

BeatrixKiddo

Is it summer yet???
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
three haunted houses in two weeks....none of them scary...I must be too jaded these days

parumpdragon

I sometimes hiccup fire
Registered
Reaction score
You need what we have in town.

A theme park that turns into a horror park the week before halloween. They even chase you with real revving chainsaws [chain removed for safety]. They torment and taunt you. It's one of the highlights here for most when this time of year comes around.

:)

Vince524

Registered
Reaction score
Website
vincentmorrone.com
It's Monday. Getting ready to go into work. Where I have to prepare for the massive "call" that everyone listens to. I dodged it last week even though my manager put my name on the block. Today, I may leave early because of some chick named Sandy.

My wife seems to be under some illusion that if there's a state of emergency in our area, my job will tell me to stay home tomorrow.

I tried not to laugh.

My job isn't about to tell us to stay home, even if on top of the hurricane you tossed in zombies trying to eat us and aliens trying to invade us.

DeleyanLee

Writing Anarchist
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Consider yourself lucky that you can go home early today. When I worked for the hospital, if something like that was rolling in, the odds were they weren't going to let us go home and we'd be expected to stay and work because it was unlikely we were going to be relieved since the next shift wouldn't be able to show up because of the weather. Sleeping stations would be set up in closets & storage rooms and we'd sleep in shifts and work when we weren't sleeping.

And if you were home when something struck? There was verbage that told authorities who might pull you over and try to send you home that you are required personnel for a hospital and to allow you to keep going.

Ain't it nice when they think of everything?

And on that note--Happy Monday!

parumpdragon

I sometimes hiccup fire
Registered
Reaction score
Ouch. :/ Sorry Del.

It's nice and sunny here. 90 degrees today. Too hot for Fall

DeleyanLee

Writing Anarchist
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Oh, it never happened to ME, fortunately. It was just explained when you hired in that it COULD happen.

Personally, I'm just waiting for the AC3 party and getting the game. I've been watching some of the gameplay on Youtube and can't wait. Don't expect to see me around for a while once I get it. :snoopy:

DeleyanLee

Writing Anarchist
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Good to hear.

The party tonight hasn't been cancelled. I'm debating whether or not to go to the party tonight. On one hand, the weather is already a little rough (dogs were out of food so there was no skipping that trip). I don't really need the game tonight. On the other hand, the weather's supposed to be even worse tomorrow through Wednesday.

Decisions decisions.

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Stay safe reppers. I know a number of us are more or less in the projected path, and it is decidedly getting worse here, even on the fringes of where it's supposed to hit.

_playintherain__by_CyanSoujiro.gif

Neurotic

Militant apathist
Registered
Reaction score
Yes, take care danger-zone reppers.

Got back to the house for the weekend only to discover mess everywhere. Most irksome (to me) was the week's worth of dirty dishes sitting in the dishwasher, with no dishwasher detergent. Maybe I'll just start charging him. $15/hour, plus a flat $15 you're-a-grown-man fee, and a $30 I'm-not-your-wife-or-your-mum fee. :tongue

Neurotic

Militant apathist
Registered
Reaction score
Oh, good. So it's not just me that thinks that's ridiculous.

Maybe I'll start making a little pocket money on the weekends. :D

DeleyanLee

Writing Anarchist
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Good luck with that, Neuro.

It was raining harder when I got to the party at 9:30 than when I left at 12:30.

Won the costume contest. :D Got the game and all the DLC for free. :D Definitely worth the effort (for the costume and to go there). Guess I can't say I've never won anything anymore, eh?

Played it through the easy stuff and now I'm headed for bed. Will be playing more tomorrow, since there's not much else to do.

Have a good one! I will be. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.