Obsessive Rep Point Checkers Club (Volume IV)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeleyanLee

Writing Anarchist
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Whether or not we put up a tree is entirely dependent on how Housemate feels. If she's up to it, it'll probably go up. If it's left up to me, there will be no tree. *shrug*

Neurotic

Militant apathist
Registered
Reaction score
I haven't really been into Christmas since I outgrew Santa. These days, between my dislike of crowded shops and the fact I've not met all that many Christmas carols I can stand, the closer Christmas comes, the more Grinchy I get.

Hello, reppers. My MIL let a UTI go unchecked over the Thanksgiving weekend, and stuff was backing up to her kidneys. So we were up until about 5am ferrying her about because I bullied her into going to the emergency room, and my FIL had to work today.

parumpdragon

I sometimes hiccup fire
Registered
Reaction score
Eeeh, yeah don't let things back up. That's not good.

Hopefully it'll all get straightened out quickly.

Me, I get tired of hearing the same 20 songs over and over again [and thus the Bob River's music - just to make jest and liven things up now and again ;)].

DeleyanLee

Writing Anarchist
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
How about if I and the little one stop over and put one up for you?

:D

Checked with Housemate. She declined. The tree is a Her Thing. Having met her, you might understand that.

I haven't really been into Christmas since I outgrew Santa. These days, between my dislike of crowded shops and the fact I've not met all that many Christmas carols I can stand, the closer Christmas comes, the more Grinchy I get.

Pretty much. Christmas when I was a kid was all about the presents and Santa. In the time between my childhood and grandchildren, that became blatantly clear and started to sour me on the whole holiday.

As far as I can tell, there are only 20-25 Christmas songs that get played on the radio or store--but eleventy zillion different renditions of them (that all pretty much sound alike). Really grates.

My MIL let a UTI go unchecked over the Thanksgiving weekend, and stuff was backing up to her kidneys. So we were up until about 5am ferrying her about because I bullied her into going to the emergency room, and my FIL had to work today.

She did get help, right? And she'll follow doctor's orders, right? Having just dealt with someone with kidney problems, that's not something she--or any of the family--wants to deal with.

parumpdragon

I sometimes hiccup fire
Registered
Reaction score
As far as I can tell, there are only 20-25 Christmas songs that get played on the radio or store--but eleventy zillion different renditions of them (that all pretty much sound alike). Really grates.

This totally this as far as the secular goes. :/

DeleyanLee

Writing Anarchist
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
This totally this as far as the secular goes. :/

Yeah, but they don't play hymns in malls or on most radio stations. And most of the hymns are beautiful and the best music of the season.

Which is why they won't play it, as far as I can tell.

DeleyanLee

Writing Anarchist
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
'Nuff said then.

Housemate is in the midst of a Fringe mega-marathon. She DVR'd everything shown on Sci Channel over the holiday. Just in the first season. *sigh*

These are the times when I regret not having a second TV or another place to hang out. (And, no, my bedroom is not an option for hanging out.)

parumpdragon

I sometimes hiccup fire
Registered
Reaction score
And you don't work in retail. I do. Count yourself fortunate.

One November my mother came home singing the BackStreet Boys songs because they played them in the store she worked in so much :D

That was a long time ago by the way ;)

Vince524

Are you gonna finish that bacon?
Registered
Reaction score
Website
vincentmorrone.com
I used to work security at Toys R Us. This was back in 90-92. I often did 12 hour days there, mostly standing by the front door, checking bags and answering questions, but mostly just watching. And listening. So I used to cry when Christmas season began. They would play these tapes. Only about 45 minutes long. But it would loop. So it was the same 20 songs, over and over again.

Vince524

Registered
Reaction score
Website
vincentmorrone.com
On the other hand, whenever I think of Christmas carols, I remember a scene from this video KISS put out back in the late 80's. KISS Exposed. It was a spoof documentary. It had a scene where they find Paul Stanley. He's in bed with a bunch of girls. He starts to introduce them to the interview guy. Each girl was named Carol. So someone says, "So I guess you could say you went Caroling last night."

Lots of that kind of humor in that vid.

Neurotic

Militant apathist
Registered
Reaction score
She did get help, right? And she'll follow doctor's orders, right? Having just dealt with someone with kidney problems, that's not something she--or any of the family--wants to deal with.

Yeah, although they didn't give her a catheter or anything, which I thought was odd given the backed-up thing. She's following the ER doctor's orders, and has a urologist appointment on Thursday.

DeleyanLee

Writing Anarchist
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
On the other hand, whenever I think of Christmas carols, I remember a scene from this video KISS put out back in the late 80's. KISS Exposed. It was a spoof documentary. It had a scene where they find Paul Stanley. He's in bed with a bunch of girls. He starts to introduce them to the interview guy. Each girl was named Carol. So someone says, "So I guess you could say you went Caroling last night."

Lots of that kind of humor in that vid.

The more you talk about this group, the more I'm reminded why I've ignored them for decades. :wag:

Vince524

Registered
Reaction score
Website
vincentmorrone.com
Decorating the Christmas tree with a puppy in the house = chasing the puppy through the house whenever she gets her mouth around a ribbon or a ornament.

Status
Not open for further replies.