The Tobermory Cat-Troll

Status
Not open for further replies.

yayeahyeah

Registered
Reaction score
Angus has posted on his Facebook saying

May we close this thread please. I would rather like things to settled down... My understanding of what is and what is not acceptable is misguided. It has been extremely hurtful to Debi and she does not deserve it.

(There's more to it but they're the most important parts, in my opinion at least.)

Angus, thank you for doing the right thing and telling your fans to back off. Hopefully that will be an end to things and your photo book and artwork will be successful.

G. Applejack

Write faster! FASTER!
Registered
Reaction score
It's not to late. He can courteously apologize, and he can go right on promoting his book and paintings.

It's not like the two books are competing; they are very different, and are likely to appeal to different readers/buyers...

This does make me feel a bit better. As badly as he's behaved, I do hate to see someone shoot themselves in the foot.

Anaquana

needed a good laugh today
Registered
Reaction score
Website
anaquana.wordpress.com

(There's more to it but they're the most important parts, in my opinion at least.)

Angus, thank you for doing the right thing and telling your fans to back off. Hopefully that will be an end to things and your photo book and artwork will be successful.

Good on you, Mr. Stewart, for finally doing the right thing. Thank you.

sarmouni

Registered
Reaction score
Website
mystical-faction.blogspot.co.uk

Thank you, Angus. Best of luck with your art.

Deleted member 42

Great guys well done, lots of personal information with superb interludes of intimidating creativity......now to nail the 'Big IP Question'

Look, I know you're here because you smelled blood in the water, but you should have maybe read the thread.

You're not really adding anything new, though the timeline is useful, I suppose.

I think it's quite possible Mr. Stewart is having a moment, and may have actually learned something, and may change his methods going forward. He can still apologize, recover and recoup his losses.

Which is as much to say, there's a reason we're back to posting cat pictures.

Here's a cat that has some illicit suggestions of ginger patterning.

cat.jpg

And here's a cat from the Book of Kells Chi-Rho page (F. 34R). Technically, it's two cats, some mice, and some communion wafers.
KellsCat.jpg

I honestly suspect the artist may have had a ginger in mind.

Last edited by a moderator:

Deleted member 42

Yes, thanks very much.

And now Mr. Stewart can concentrate on his own art, and encouraging his business.

I do think there's merit in him exploring the ideas in this thread about merchandise, and capitalizing on his art and inside knowledge of his home.

yayeahyeah

Registered
Reaction score
I do think there's merit in him exploring the ideas in this thread about merchandise, and capitalizing on his art and inside knowledge of his home.

Agreed! Angus is clearly a very talented artist and it would be cool to see him take on board some of the merchandising ideas.

MacAllister

'Twas but a dream of thee
Staff member
Boss Mare
Administrator
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
VPX
Registered
Reaction score
Website
macallisterstone.com
I wish Angus nothing but good things, and hope that he can put this down, move on from here, and find some joy. I also hope Debi Gliori enjoys great success and joy.

And with that, I think we're gonna stick a fork in this, and call it done. If new information comes up, just PM me or one of the room mods about possibly reopening.

Tobermory-in-Box.jpg

Photo of a Tobermory ginger cat, provided by Duncan Swinbanks (the bookseller).

Thanks, all.

Status
Not open for further replies.