The Bouncy Castle in Space

jvc

Fearsome Dragon Mod
Registered
Reaction score
Bouncing high today! My four picture books are out! And I just noticed I have my first five star review on amazon.co.uk!

It all suddenly seems so real. I keep catching my breath, thinking of kids now actually reading them. I got a box of copies from Bloomsbury today, they are so shiny and new and lovely! Sigh............
Hey, a big well done and a woo and also, yep, you get a hoo, too. :e2woo: :e2woo: :e2woo:

Britwriter

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks!

I took the day off today to visit a friend in the mountains, and we took a set of my picture books for her little boy.

As we left, my daughter went back to get something, and was so excited to see the mom and son snuggled on the couch reading one of the books together.

That's why we writers do this job. :)

AlisonD

Registered
Reaction score
Bouncing high today! My four picture books are out! And I just noticed I have my first five star review on amazon.co.uk!

It all suddenly seems so real. I keep catching my breath, thinking of kids now actually reading them. I got a box of copies from Bloomsbury today, they are so shiny and new and lovely! Sigh............

I'm so new here that my name is still shiny, but wanted to give you all good wishes. Such good news for all of us to be happy about. :)

Morrell

Registered
Reaction score
Congrats, Britwriter! Welcome, Alison!

Feeling a little bouncier now that I'm home from my stressful day (looong meeting with boss and boss's boss about a parent who isn't seeing eye-to-eye with school).

But it's the weekend. And the new clothes I ordered came. And one of my "science superpowers" is up on the Spider Mag website--link below.

http://www.spidermagkids.com/trythis/magic-tube

They don't put bylines online; only in the print mag. But it's still satisfying. :D

Hope everyone has have a bouncy weekend! :hooray:

Last edited by a moderator:

JoyMC

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.joymcculloughcarranza.com

Woo-hoo! Congratulations!! So excited for you.

sissybaby

Registered
Reaction score
Went to the doctor yesterday for a post-op checkup. The nurse brought a sheet in the room and said, "The doctor is going to want to examine you. You only need to take off your bottom."

I said, "Honey, if I could take off my bottom, I would have done that decades ago."

She nearly fell in the floor laughing.

So glad SOMEONE enjoyed that visit.

AlisonD

Registered
Reaction score
Went to the doctor yesterday for a post-op checkup. The nurse brought a sheet in the room and said, "The doctor is going to want to examine you. You only need to take off your bottom."

I said, "Honey, if I could take off my bottom, I would have done that decades ago."

She nearly fell in the floor laughing.

So glad SOMEONE enjoyed that visit.

That made me laugh so hard. And if you find out how to take off your bottom, please share that information.

MsJudy

Registered
Reaction score
Brit and Ruth, super congrats. Pick one to celebrate: Hot fudge sundae. Champagne. Chivas Regal.

Re: possum hair yarn: American possums won't work. New Zealand/Australia possums have softer, longer hair. Using their fur has become quite the industry. Not sure why, since they already have more sheep than people Down Under...

Got an email from my agent (been waiting years to say that!)--she's a little behind on the edits in her queue, so I'm still waiting. Good timing, actually, because I have to do report cards this week. Once they're done, I can devote my brain to revisions. Though last night I did (finally) have a bit of inspiration on how to handle the first chapter, which is currently 3 chapters and must be very thoroughly rewritten. So I'll tinker with it while I'm waiting.

Job application and transfer request have both been sent out. More waiting.

SheilaJG

Registered
Reaction score
Sissy, that's hilarious!

Ruth - I'm going to try that on my kids, seems cool!

Alison - welcome!

Judy - waiting is torture for me. I wish I could pluck out the memory that I am waiting for something (like Dumbledore - and put it away somewhere). Then, when my email FINALLY pings with news, I'd be all "Oh, right, I was waiting for this, I completely forgot."

Smish

Reads more than she writes.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
That's hilarious, sissy! :ROFL:

Good luck with the waiting, Judy and Sheila. :Hug2:

DavidBrett

Alas, poor Yorick, he fed me 'nanas
Registered
Reaction score
Website
davidbrettandrews.wordpress.com
Good news, everyone - I'm not dead! :D

Yep, one or two of you were worried about my absence (well, okay, one - thanks again, Sheila!), and now I'm back online I can assure you that my ribs are fine, and that they kept me down, but not out.

Congrats to Nicola on her books, Ruth on the article (tis Awesomesauce), best wishes to Cordelia and Judy, and welcome to Alison!

Dave

Smish

Reads more than she writes.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Glad you're back and feeling better, Dave! Are you in bouncing shape, yet? :Jump: :Jump: :Jump: :Jump:

Britwriter

Registered
Reaction score
Positive thoughts to everyone who is waiting. That's the hardest part of this job!

As for this:

I can't stop laughing!!!!!