Jed's Super-Dooper Baileys Pub for Newbies, Dragons, Saints & Sinners

Status
Not open for further replies.

L. Y.

Thread surfer and virtual bartender
Registered
Reaction score
The old guy in the dark part of the bar comes forward into the light. orders a new round. picking up the drinks heads back into the dark.

Don't enter the dark alone....
*flips light switch*

Hey Rockweaver...what are you doing sitting in the dark? :D

*strolls casually into the pub*
Boy, do I need a drink! Those guys at the police station can be hard asses! Bartender! My pal! My buddy! Say, do me a favor? Mix everyone in here a round of Irish Car Bombs and put it on my tab!
A round of Irish Car Bombs coming right up. Enjoy!

*enters the pub, and takes an empty seat to rest his feet*

Hello all, I hope I wont be cast out for drinking something as boring as water in a pup.

*grins*
:welcome: to the Pub, RBrown8384. Never heard of water in a pup. We do have water in a glass...will that do? :D

TreeJet

lost in wild thought
Registered
Reaction score
Ah there we go! Nothing like baileys, jameson whiskey and stout beer!
*Drops shot glass into the beer glass and slams the delicious drink down.* Man that's awesome! Now, if you'll excuse me. I ,um.... have some some business to tend to.
*Makes his way to the bath room*

Rbrown8384

New Fish; Exploring the Written Sea
Registered
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
*flips light switch*

A round of Irish Car Bombs coming right up. Enjoy!

:welcome: to the Pub, RBrown8384. Never heard of water in a pup. We do have water in a glass...will that do? :D

I suppose that will do... this time. ;)

Boy are my eyes tired, I just finished the first Harry Potter book. I find it funny that I watched the movie in High School nearly 11 years ago and I have just read the book.

*Sips on his water in a glass*

night-flyer

roasting cows
Registered
Reaction score
hmm...the water in a pup definitely sounded more interesting. :D

:welcome: all ye newbies! Good to see so many new faces in the pub and at AW. I see L.Y. has seen to your drinks. :) (good work L.Y., it'll keep 'em out of the sekrit stash :D ) Drop by the pub any time there's a jukebox and usually a fire going. If not, then give it a minute...and a few drinks down me. And remember kids- the FAQs is your friend. :D And is highly entertaining especially after several virtual Baileys. :D

pkbax

It's nap time, right?
Registered
Reaction score
*strolls casually into the pub*
Boy, do I need a drink! Those guys at the police station can be hard asses! Bartender! My pal! My buddy! Say, do me a favor? Mix everyone in here a round of Irish Car Bombs and put it on my tab!

:thankyou:Thanks for the Irish Car Bomb, TreeJet! Never tried one before, but this pretty good. (Of course, it does have Baileys in it, so it must be good. :D)

Now, L.Y., we did have water in the pub just a wee bit ago when the toilet exploded; not potable water, but water in the pub. (Which reminds me, if that toilet explodes again, I'm handing TreeJet the mop! ;))

:welcome:to all the other newbies to the pub! I'm a newbie myself, but it really is nice to see so many other new faces. :D Hope y'all feel as at home here as I do!

TreeJet

lost in wild thought
Registered
Reaction score
*after a minuet Treejet returns from the bathroom with a large toothy grin*
Hey barkeep, let me get another Irish Car-*The concussion shakes the tavern*
Okay that one wasn't me! Honest! *the sirens are heard in the distance*
OOO, damn it all, those bastards won't leave me alone! Well, I've had enough!*Sits firmly on the bar stool* I'm not going anywhere! *The sirens stop as they pull up* Yep I'm staying right here! *The Pub doors open and a police officer walks directly up to treejet* Hello, Officer! What can I do- *the officer slams treejet's face against the bar and holds it there* Was that really necessary! I mean common! I was just having a drink! Right fellas? *The officer slaps the cuffs on Treejet's wrists and tries get Treejet out of the bar stool.* Uh, huh. *The officer brutally shocks Treejet with a tazzer causing him to limp noodle and fall out of the bar stool* Damn! That hurts! You know, Jimmy, it wasn't me this time! *The officer starts dragging Treejet by his shirt towards the door* You know my cousin BushCar? Bastard looks just like me! I swear my mom shipped him off as a child to my aunt because he's always had a bad streak that one! *the door slams and Treejet's screams of protest are heard continuing outside*

FRAMED! I WAS FRAMED! IT WAS THAT BASTARD BUSHCAR!

Last edited:

pkbax

It's nap time, right?
Registered
Reaction score
*after a minuet Treejet returns from the bathroom with a large toothy grin*
Hey barkeep, let me get another Irish Car-*The concussion shakes the tavern*
Okay that one wasn't me! Honest! *the sirens are heard in the distance*
*The officer starts dragging Treejet by his shirt towards the door* You know my cousin BushCar? Bastard looks just like me! I swear my mom shipped him off as a child to my aunt because he's always had a bad streak that one! *the door slams and Treejet's screams of protest are heard continuing outside*

*sighs and shakes head*

Darn, wasn't fast enough handing him the mop before the police dragged him outta here. L.Y.'s busy serving up drinks - I'll clean up.

*heads toward bathroom with mop; sees a strange creature slithering up out of the hole where the commode used to be; heads back toward main bar*

Uh. . . guys? Does the pub have a pet monster that lives in the sewer?

Foinah

Smoking Monkey Smart Arse
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.foinahjameson.com
Ah there we go! Nothing like baileys, jameson whiskey and stout beer!
*Drops shot glass into the beer glass and slams the delicious drink down.* Man that's awesome! Now, if you'll excuse me. I ,um.... have some some business to tend to.
*Makes his way to the bath room*
Hate to rain on the warm fuzzy welcoming hoohah, but as an Irish woman from The Falls I find nothing amusing about that drink.
Jameson I can support, car bombs are just insulting.

TreeJet

lost in wild thought
Registered
Reaction score
Hate to rain on the warm fuzzy welcoming hoohah, but as an Irish woman from The Falls I find nothing amusing about that drink.
Jameson I can support, car bombs are just insulting.

Sorry to offend you:cry: I'm not the one who coined the drinks name, and wish it wasn't called that. In fact, I feel bad enough about it to rename it!

hmm....it needs to have Irish in the name because it contains the bailey's, Jameson, and Guinness Stout. Suggestions anyone?

S. L. Saboviec

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.saboviec.com
*Wanders into the bar*
*Drinks an Irish Car Bomb*
Good, but some white wine would be more my preference.
3:30 is as good as 5 pm on a Saturday, right?

pkbax

It's nap time, right?
Registered
Reaction score
*Wanders into the bar*
*Drinks an Irish Car Bomb*
Good, but some white wine would be more my preference.
3:30 is as good as 5 pm on a Saturday, right?

:welcome: It's never too early here in the pub! And the pub has a nice selection of just about everything, so I'm sure there are some fine white wines. About the only thing they don't stock is orange juice.

TreeJet

lost in wild thought
Registered
Reaction score
*Limps in whistling*
Man! I am glad to see this place! Bar keep a round of Irish wait for it...Jail Birds! The new name I have coined for that particularly delicious drink that had an offensive name!

AdeaNeedsCoffee

Registered
Reaction score
*Limps in whistling*
Man! I am glad to see this place! Bar keep a round of Irish wait for it...Jail Birds! The new name I have coined for that particularly delicious drink that had an offensive name!

Jail Bird? I'll take one.
Hey, aren't you BushCar? I seem to recall you owe me money from that time in Pittsburgh! Yeah, no one has ever given me such muck as you have, BushCar!

Last edited:

L. Y.

Registered
Reaction score
:welcome: to the Pub SL and Adea. C'mon in and join us. It's always Happy Hour here.

(good work L.Y., it'll keep 'em out of the sekrit stash :D )
Shhhh. That's the plan. :D

Now, L.Y., we did have water in the pub just a wee bit ago when the toilet exploded; not potable water, but water in the pub. (Which reminds me, if that toilet explodes again, I'm handing TreeJet the mop! ;))
I forgot about that. I was trying to block out the memory of cleaning it up. ;)

*sighs and shakes head*

Darn, wasn't fast enough handing him the mop before the police dragged him outta here. L.Y.'s busy serving up drinks - I'll clean up.
Thanks for the help! :)

*heads toward bathroom with mop; sees a strange creature slithering up out of the hole where the commode used to be; heads back toward main bar*

:e2teeth:

Uh, no.... :D

TreeJet

lost in wild thought
Registered
Reaction score
Jail Bird? I'll take one.
Hey, aren't you BushCar? I seem to recall you owe me money from that time in Pittsburgh! Yeah, no one has ever given me such muck as you have, BushCar!

*shudders at hearing the name* No, that is my cousin. People say we could be twins all the time :rant: . I've never even been to Pittsburgh.Trust me you aren't the only one who has randomly asked me for money. :mob: oh and don't worry about those guys, I don't know any of them either.

*Dashes for exit*

jvc

Fearsome Dragon Mod
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome to all the newbies who popped in over the last few days. And hello to all the regulars. :hi:

How do you know Jed doesn't start fires? He's a dragon, we start fires if we burp. He just doesn't like talking about it. After he gets halfway through those 99 bottles of Baileys on the wall he'll be starting fires left and right. :D
And front and behind. :D
Interesting. So he doesn't mind admitting being scared of spiders, but doesn't like to talk about how many of the char marks I see in the pub are his. I see. :)
Erm, I'm not scared of nuffin. Not no stupid creepy crawlies.

They're not here are they? Oh, my god, I can feel them on me. Get them off me. They're everywhere. Help me.

Nope, not scared of them.

pkbax

It's nap time, right?
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks for the help! :)

No problem. It gives me a unique perspective of the pub. :)

:e2teeth:

Uh, no.... :D

*observes L.Y.'s cheshire cat grin; raises one eyebrow with skepticism*

I see.

*in saccharine-sweet tone* So should I worry that it appears to be crawling up your leg? Or do you have a suggestion for getting it to go back down it's hole? ;)

Erm, I'm not scared of nuffin. Not no stupid creepy crawlies.

They're not here are they? Oh, my god, I can feel them on me. Get them off me. They're everywhere. Help me.

Nope, not scared of them.

I understand totally, only my nemesis is fire ants.

*shudders at the thought*

Don't worry BushCar is terrified of these guys
http://www.cracked.com/funny-1934-spiders/

Eew! Jed, Warning!!! Do Not got to that site!!

I don't have a huge problem with spiders (well, except the really big ugly one that spun it's web all the way across the outside of the dining room window), and the wolf spider with babies video had my skin crawling! I did like the description of a skeleton made entirely of hate, though.

My biology teacher (way, way back when) had a tarantula she let crawl on her hand. Several kids wanted her to let it crawl on theirs (not me) and she said no 'cause it would traumatize the tarantula. :eek:

night-flyer

roasting cows
Registered
Reaction score
Well, I'm not clicking on that link. Nope, not me.

Welcome to the pub, SLS, ANC, and Foinah. :hi:

Happy Sunday to all. I think this calls for Baileys! or whatever you drink. :D

Rockweaver

Registered
Reaction score
*flips light switch*

simple i like the dark corner of the bar so i can see who is coming in with out them seeing me.

one who lives in shadows dislikes direct light. one who lives only in the light is afraid of the dark. one who lives only in the dark is fearful of the light. the shadow dwellers do not fear the dark nor do they fear the light.

L. Y.

Registered
Reaction score
And hello to all the regulars.
:hi:

*in saccharine-sweet tone* So should I worry that it appears to be crawling up your leg?
:eek:

I-I'll be back in a bit.

Well, I'm not clicking on that link. Nope, not me.
*returns looking a bit shaken*

*notices night-flyer eyeing the link*

Good move. Never take the red pill.

:D
Happy Sunday to all. I think this calls for Baileys! or whatever you drink.
Baileys! :yessmiley Now it's a very happy Sunday! :D

the shadow dwellers do not fear the dark nor do they fear the light.
Hmmmm...I'm still wondering what I am. :e2seesaw:

S. L. Saboviec

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.saboviec.com
*Limps in whistling*

Oh, what's this? A new round of drinks on the house? I shall try a Jail Bird.

*Sips the drink*

Mmm. Bailey's. Creamy.

TreeJet

lost in wild thought
Registered
Reaction score
Oh, what's this? A new round of drinks on the house? I shall try a Jail Bird.

*Sips the drink*

Mmm. Bailey's. Creamy.

Just FYI. The Irish Jail Bird is similar to a boilermaker. The liquor used in the shot glass is Bailey's and Jameson Whisky, and then the shot glass is dropped into is Guinness Stout. It is recommended to *chug* the Irish Jail Bird to keep the Bailey's from souring in the beer.

The reason I have renamed this Irish Jail Bird is as follows. Irish; all the drinks are. Jail; drinking one to many of these lands you there. Bird; your reason flutters away like one if you can't be done with just one.

S. L. Saboviec

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.saboviec.com
Just FYI. The Irish Jail Bird is similar to a boilermaker. The liquor used in the shot glass is Bailey's and Jameson Whisky, and then the shot glass is dropped into is Guinness Stout. It is recommended to *chug* the Irish Jail Bird to keep the Bailey's from souring in the beer.

The reason I have renamed this Irish Jail Bird is as follows. Irish; all the drinks are. Jail; drinking one to many of these lands you there. Bird; your reason flutters away like one if you can't be done with just one.

Ah, so I was doing it wrong.

*chugs the next one*

Still a white wine gal, but these aren't half bad.

*hic*

TreeJet

lost in wild thought
Registered
Reaction score
Ah, so I was doing it wrong.

*chugs the next one*

Still a white wine gal, but these aren't half bad.

*hic*

There ya go! *throws back his as well* Hey, you wanna see something hilarious?

Status
Not open for further replies.