My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

LOG

Lagrangian
Registered
Reaction score
I was so-so on the episode:
The lesson and the method used to demonstrate it were good enough, but it didn't answer the questions I wanted to know about Spike either.

Also, new Project Horizons chapter: Bucking. Epic.

defcon6000

Banned
Reaction score
Fluttershy was terrified of a dragon the last time. She's fine with other animals because they are NOT dragon, and she's still scared of them. She can just overcome her fear if need be.

I mean, it's not like besting a fear once makes it go away. I've overcome my terror of ants many times to kill the buggers, but they still freak me out when I'm not ready for them.
I dunno, it always struck me as odd that she can get along with just about anything BUT dragons. Is a dragon really that much worse than Cerberus? It just comes off more prejudice than fear, I think. Like she won't give dragons a chance as she does with other creatures.

*does some more thinking*

You know, maybe there is a prejudice, considering that Twilight couldn't find anything on dragons. There's some barrier between dragons and ponies that neither one seems to have crossed--aside from Spike, but he's basically raised as a pony.

But I guess this is outside the scope of the show. Maybe there'll be a college course on pony psychology.

LOG

Lagrangian
Registered
Reaction score
SPOILERS

O.M.G.
Angel can be nice.

Fluttersy is capable of communication with animals.
Also, $%^%#%@ she can absorb her own tears.
Two pegasi inside trees in one episode, WHAT IS THIS MADNESS!?
Sad Twilight is adorable Twilight.
High-wing?

Last edited:

Shadow Dragon

Registered
Reaction score
I loved that they added new, named background characters like Cloud Chaser (who has a cool design by the way). Also, that muscular pony... yeah. I thought it was funny that his wings were so small. Remember kids, steroids causes shrinkage. ;)

And it was cool they gave up more world information, like how Cloudsdayle makes the weather.

All in all, this was one of my favorite episodes of season 2.

LOG

Lagrangian
Registered
Reaction score
Ponyville Confidential:

Applejack and Big Macintosh have switched places!

As a student of mass communications and journalism, I can say pretty confidently that that press would have soooooo many invasion of privacy and libel lawsuits coming its way, and only in a final letter do you get away with @#$% like "xoxo."

Also, the Mayor seems to be younger than she first seemed, interesting.

I would appreciate it if we could get DT or SS for more than being punching bags as well.

Shadow Dragon

Registered
Reaction score
I liked the new episode. Not as good as the last couple ones but it had some awesome moments. Like the parodies of other genres. Also, I really like Rarity's mane in that femme fatale style and the writers ending up using that a major point was brilliant.

LOG

Lagrangian
Registered
Reaction score
I didn't notice that as a femme fatale style until you mentioned it, although I figured out who the culprits were easily.

Shadow Dragon

Registered
Reaction score
Latest FOE:pH chapter.
It. Was. Amazing.

You must read it. You must. You must. You must!
Just read it last night. It was pretty good. Not only did we get more information on one of Rampage's souls (Shuja), we also got to see Dusk again, Blackjack got her Ardu moment. All in all, really added more to an already indepth story.

Shadow Dragon

Registered
Reaction score
Changlings, dear Celestia the changlings are awesome. The Queen Changling (not sure if she actually has a name) is one of the best designed characters in MLP history.

LOG

Lagrangian
Registered
Reaction score
Canon Captain of the Royal Guard? The fanon rejoiced.

Woah, Canterlot has some serious security nowadays.

Foal-sitting flashback: My heart has gone on an extended vacation for the duration of this episode.

Cadence's power kind of scares me . . .

"As always I will guard the night." Except for, you know, those thousand years I was imprisoned on the moon.

14.5 minutes in, my prediction: Cadence made the threat so that Shining Armor wouldn't be able to go and tell Twilight what was happening because she thinks Shining gives more attention to Twilight than herself.

15:00 "Let alone marry him!" . . . one of them is standing behind you aren't they?
Hm, no?
Alright.

And that power I was so afraid of is just as terrifying as I thought . . .

Practice ceremony: Please don't do something rash Twilight . . .
No such luck.

A sparkle in Cadence's eyes? WHAT DOES IT MEAN?!

That song is so evil . . . but so good.

Creepy former brides-maids . . .
Defeated by a bouquet? I think that may be somewhat insulting . . . also, where the hell did she get it from?

These changelings aren't the brightest bunch . . .

DID RAINBOW DASH KISS FLUTTERSHY!?!

GATLING-TWILIGHT!

Damn, Mane 6 are badass.

Don't they need Celestia to open that door anyways?

I WANT THAT CLIMAX MUSIC!

Hey look, their parents are still alive.

It should be mare and stallion. Colts are young.

Hey look, she can do the Rainboom while ascending now.

DJ-PON3!! *fangasm*
Twilight can sing, LIKE A BAWSS
Rocking Luna

Much fanon shall be made of those pictures, not to mention Rarity's catch.

No bachelor party for Shining Armor.

So many epic songs . . .

Lord Hierarch

Registered
Reaction score
That episode was amazing. So many nods to continuity, excellent songs, particularly the villain song which was Old Disney quality!

Now we have 2 groups of entities/races that feed on emotions - Christ Equestria really is a Death's World.

Green Laterns would die here :)

defcon6000

Banned
Reaction score
DID RAINBOW DASH KISS FLUTTERSHY!?!
Heh, I didn't catch that first time. Looked like a peck on the cheek, tho, probably to comfort Fluttershy 'cause she appears terrified.

Changlings, dear Celestia the changlings are awesome. The Queen Changling (not sure if she actually has a name) is one of the best designed characters in MLP history.
I think it's Chrysilia (sp?), according to the Youtube comments. Anyone notice how the Queen sounds remarkably like Nightmare Moon?

And why didn't Luna show up sooner? Is she still bound to the moon?

Windigos.
I wanna see a a wendigo pony now. :tongue

ETA: Something else I thought was neat is seeing all the different unicorn powers. Shinning Armor has shield magic, Princess Cadence has love/healing magic, Twilight and Celestia both can blow things up. The Changeling Queen can change form, blast you, hypnotize you, send you straight to hell (almost literally). But I'm wondering what Rarity's specialty magic is...

Last edited:

LOG

Lagrangian
Registered
Reaction score
I think it's Chrysilia (sp?), according to the Youtube comments. Anyone notice how the Queen sounds remarkably like Nightmare Moon?
Her name is Queen Chrysalis

And why didn't Luna show up sooner? Is she still bound to the moon?
I would guess she was sleeping.

I wanna see a a wendigo pony now. :tongue

ETA: Something else I thought was neat is seeing all the different unicorn powers. Shinning Armor has shield magic, Princess Cadence has love/healing magic, Twilight and Celestia both can blow things up. The Changeling Queen can change form, blast you, hypnotize you, send you straight to hell (almost literally). But I'm wondering what Rarity's specialty magic is...
Finding gems, remember? :)

Lord Hierarch

Registered
Reaction score
DJ-Pony eyes are red but of a different tint.

Slow-mo frame by frame on another forum shows RD didn't kiss Fluttershy. The ship that would've sailed a thousand pens has left alone. Aw.

Luna was probably sleeping. Or she was out of the city. Remember Luna flew in from outside to take over for Celestia. She probably didn't know about what happened until after she came back.

Zoombie

Dragon of the Multiverse
Registered
Reaction score
Something fun...

Princess Luna was restored from Nightmare Moon.
Discord was frozen in stone.
But the...changlings were just kind of thrown out.

Which means they might come baaaaaaaaaaaaack!

defcon6000

Banned
Reaction score
I would guess she was sleeping.
Sleepy head.
Finding gems, remember? :)
I thought that was just a spell, because Twilight could do it too.

DJ-Pony eyes are red but of a different tint.
Actually, they're magenta.

Slow-mo frame by frame on another forum shows RD didn't kiss Fluttershy. The ship that would've sailed a thousand pens has left alone. Aw.
Link? Because there was a smooching noise when they were close up, face-to-face--though it does sound squishy, so maybe a bug was being stomped on at exactly the same moment.

Which means they might come baaaaaaaaaaaaack!
I have that feeling, too. Villain to kick off the next season?

Shadow Dragon

Registered
Reaction score
A new running joke now is that every time we've seen duplicates of bg characters in a shot or ones that are a different species than normal, that it's because of the changlings. I wonder, maybe that's why Bon Bon has so many different voices?

defcon6000

Banned
Reaction score
So, any predictions for next season?

I'm betting there's going to be a zombie-esque episode involving Queen Chrysalis since her hypno power turns ponies into mindless, obedient servants. I can imagine she sends a horde of hypno-zombie ponies after Twilight. Plus, every series needs its zombie episode. :tongue

I'd also like to see an episode where we actually meet Pinkie's sister. We only got a glimpse of her in that one cutie mark episode, and since we've met everyone else's siblings (assuming Dash and Flutter don't have any hidden somewhere), it'd be nice to include her in the cannon.

Shadow Dragon

Registered
Reaction score
Yeah, I'd like to see more of Pinkie's family and I'd like to meet both Fluttershy's and Rainbow Dash's parents.

Other ideas I'd like to see; a Celestia and Luna episode; a Wonderbolt episode; a body swap episode; seeing one of the mane 6 go on a date; a redemption episode for either Gilda or Trixie; finally, the one I want to see the most, an episode where Rainbow Dash bonds with Scootaloo.

Zoombie

Dragon of the Multiverse
Registered
Reaction score
I'm glad there's plenty of awesome things for the MLP crew to get up too, which means the third season should continue to be awesome.