Status
Not open for further replies.

Reservoir Angel

Angelic by name, fiendish by nature
Registered
Reaction score
One of my friends is a smartass. this is what he posted on Facebook:

543118_10151249428503766_373861752_n.jpg
A man after my own heart. :) Love a smartass.

_Sian_

Ooooh, pretty lights and sirens :D
Registered
Reaction score
Website
antagonistsneeded.wordpress.com
I was just clearing out my computer of excess unneeded crap and... have you ever had that thing where you find something you wrote or planned AGES ago and think to yourself "why the hell did I ever abandon this?"

I just had that. Twice, in fact.

Yes, all the time

One of my friends is a smartass. this is what he posted on Facebook:

543118_10151249428503766_373861752_n.jpg

And this popped up around here when we had the Melbourne earthquake

LadyV

Tree Hugger
Registered
Reaction score
I ate too much pizza. Now I feel sluggish. Not good considering I have to work. Caffeine will be my friend tonight.

Stanley_Ford

Slacker Extraordinaire
Registered
Reaction score
I got 86 words written (which despite being practically nothing is more than I've written in the past month or so) but now I'm trying to find a halfway decent anti-virus software that is free on a permanent basis instead of just free on a trial basis because god damn it, this nonsense my laptop's been pulling on me HAS to stop!

http://www.antivirus.com has a free scan and delete program for viruses. It i the home page for Trend Micros that I purchase every year. It's what I used before Mrs. Ford demanded purchased anti-virus software be in our home.

Also, well done on the words. Any words are good words.

We just had an earthquake about ten minutes ago. 4.3 on the Richter scale, but the epicenter was an hour south of us, so all it did here was rattle the dishes.

We had a what where? How did I not feel this? We're only 10 miles apart and I was on the the West End at that time.

Junely! Cute smibblies!

Fen: Recipe:

GF Muffins (Chai Spiced Version)

<snip>
2 c gluten-free flour of choice (a mixture of rice, potato and tapioca works well)

Can I use regular flour instead? If so do I need to change the amount? (I don't have any GF flour in the house and I want these. I want them now. I want them yesterday and everyday for the rest of my life.)

Just passed 4K for the day. A new personal best.

...why don't I have any :Cake: in the house for this celebratory moment?

I ate a Red Velvet Cupcake with strawberry icing to commorate the occassion for you.

before I go make my grilled cheese - I just want to say and post this

Chuck

Mother-effing

Wendig

http://terribleminds.com/ramble/2012/11/05/battle-song-of-the-storyteller/

Go and read it.

This! This is full of the awesomesauce! I have saved it to remind myself of how awesome this is.

*back to my regularly scheduled posting* Sorry to be MIA for a couple of days. Nothing wrong, kind of, but nothing that kept me from here except being busy. I have no words written down. Well except for something I posted on one of Hillz blogs.

Little Man Ford was taken to the doctors on Friday because he has had a cold on and off for a month now. This time it turned into full on sinus infection with infection in both of his ears. Anti-biotics for a bit for him. Hopefully he will be back to normal in a week.

Little Miss Ford was in the local Veterans Day Parade as Little Miss Buddy Poppy (there was no pagent to elect her just her Nana and Papaw being in the rank and file of our local American Legion Post. They never hold a pagent, and I wouldn't have stood for it if they had, but that is a rant for another time.) I was very proud of her, she had no want to do it at all, that was until she realized she got to ride in the truck and then she had a blast.

Then there was a luncheon and a Birthday party. I'm just glad today is finally over. Maybe I can get the work I need to do around the house done tomorrow along with some words in there some where. I'd put some in tonight but the wife is dealing with a BSD on her laptop so I am required to fix it. If this doesn't work there will be much crying and gnashing of teeth when we have to reformat her HD and I'll never hear the end of it.

_Sian_

Registered
Reaction score
Website
I'm sorry little mr stanely is sick again, but at least they know what it is and can fix it. And yay for little miss stanley and her truck riding exploits.

Sounds like a busy, but good day. :)

Stanley_Ford

Slacker Extraordinaire
Registered
Reaction score
I'm sorry little mr stanely is sick again, but at least they know what it is and can fix it. And yay for little miss stanley and her truck riding exploits.

Sounds like a busy, but good day. :)

Thanks Sian. It has been. Although I may have overdone it at the birthday party. It was at the gymnastics facility at the end of the road and I decided to play with the kids. I have an ankle that is no longer meant to do silly things like bounce on trampolines, bounce on floor routine floors, jump into pits filled to my chest (about 5 feet deep) with foam cubes. Yay for Ibruprophen.

_Sian_

Registered
Reaction score
Website
There's an ad by the heart foundation talking about healthy eating ect - called "mums united".

Given it was my dad that did all the shopping, cooking, and a good deal of the early years raising, it irritates me a bit

Stanley_Ford

Slacker Extraordinaire
Registered
Reaction score
There's an ad by the heart foundation talking about healthy eating ect - called "mums united".

Given it was my dad that did all the shopping, cooking, and a good deal of the early years raising, it irritates me a bit

Traditions are hard to break. Mrs. Ford does all the food shopping in our house, but then again she has an Associates Degree in Catering so that plays a very large role. I agree that many are insensitive to "House Husbands" if it were my choice I'd have been the one to stay home with the kids over the last 6 years, but well, being that I live in Appalachia and women rule here, I didn't have much say. *ducks behind the furniture incase Junely is lurking nearby*

_Sian_

Registered
Reaction score
Website
Given that you and Junely tend to talk about Appalachia a lot, I went and googled the place, and found this gem on wikipedia:

Much of the popular book series The Hunger Games is set in "an area that used to be called Appalachia" which is referred to in the book as District 12.

This, I did not know. Interesting though.

Stanley_Ford

Slacker Extraordinaire
Registered
Reaction score
Oh yeah, it is a wonderful read too. The author did a great job of capturing "Mining Country" attitudes in the characters from D12. However, there are some things that could be said about exploring more of the attitudes of other Appilachian societies, no just those that live in the mining areas.

ION: Mrs. Ford's computer seems to be working properly now so I am off to bed. Can't stay awake any longer. Night all.

Andelana

Secret Stick-Figure Superhero
Registered
Reaction score
We had a what where? How did I not feel this? We're only 10 miles apart and I was on the the West End at that time.

Can I use regular flour instead? If so do I need to change the amount? (I don't have any GF flour in the house and I want these. I want them now. I want them yesterday and everyday for the rest of my life.)

I was like that when we had the little quake here in Cambridge! I did feel it, but it was so weird I didn't believe it (it'd been one of those days where I was at work until 11pm and I didn't get to bed til 1am. Thought I was just feeling woozy from tiredness!) until I heard everyone talking the next day!

You can use regular flour, yeah. If you use white flour, add between 1/4 and 1/2 cup more and leave out the xanthan gum (that just acts as a stand-in for gluten). If you use whole meal/whole wheat flour, use the same amount (and still leave out the x. gum). :)

Last edited:

10trackers

Pollyanna, Shedder of Casual Blood
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Are anyone else's buttons wonky?

The AW buttons seem to be working fine.

Wonky in what way, and from which platform/browser?

I like that Gina automatically assumes Hillary is talking about the forum buttons :D

Morning, guys. I slept in until late and am still yawning my head off.

Reservoir Angel

Angelic by name, fiendish by nature
Registered
Reaction score
So apparently there's a gay bar in the next town over from mine. I did not know this... now if only I had some way to get there...

aliwood

Penmonkey Contrarian
Registered
Reaction score
Website
truckloadofart.wordpress.com
Morning :Sun:

Breakfast - check
Cartoons - check, I say, check
Cycling - check, although some darned fool didn't check the brakes before she started and both of them were on. It was hard going for a while. Idiot!

Now to organise multi-various shopping lists, and make some this this :Coffee:

Don't I lead an exciting life?

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Who needs exciting? Ali your life sounds fullfilling.

And spellcheck is still broken even though I updated everything yesterdat. Stupid safari.

My buttons are only wonky when stupid people push them.

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Tesstin onne twwo

Damn. Off to tech help I go.

aliwood

Penmonkey Contrarian
Registered
Reaction score
Website
truckloadofart.wordpress.com
Who needs exciting? Ali your life sounds fullfilling.

You know you're quite right. Remind me to be more grateful for what I have. although what I have right now is swollen knuckle joints on both hands. You know I think I may have developed arthritis. I wouldn't be surprised at all. time to enlist more hands free stuff then.

Any suggestions?

Debio

Back from the land of the dead.
Registered
Reaction score
Hey folks, I just thought I'd check in so you didn't think I'd fallen off the counter again. I haven't been drinking that much.

So how go things?

Status
Not open for further replies.