simple selling via your website

Status
Not open for further replies.

turningpoint

Registered
Reaction score
I searched the forums and I am sure I missed it. I apologize. My question is this: does anyone have a suggestion as to how to sell an ebook via your website, not through amazon? That is, if I have a PDF or a Word doc of my book, how do I go about setting it up for sale via my website, or do you just direct people to amazon? Looking for a simple, independent solution.

thanks in advance

veinglory

volitare nequeo
Self-Ban
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.veinglory.com
You either do it manually (which is a PITA) or you invest in store software (which is either expensive, or very glitchy). And you take on all the liability of handling people's transaction related info, or you try and get them to mail checks.

Overall. PITA.

stephenf

Registered
Reaction score
I did think about selling from my own web site and my conclusion was ... To have a website that is able to deliver files , in a number of formats , and take secure payment for them is not easily done . You will also need to attract customers . Unless you are a successful author, it is probably better to sell books via third party sites . If you would like to test the waters , and you don't mind giving your book away for free . You can submit stories Here
https://feedbooks.zendesk.com
it is useful to promote your work and gives a introduction to the process of submitting e-book

Last edited:

turningpoint

Registered
Reaction score
Ok, thanks. I usually use a link to amazon. So maybe I'll just continue with that.

veinglory

volitare nequeo
Self-Ban
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.veinglory.com
You can get an Amazon link that automatically sends them to the right sight for their country. Not everyone uses amazon but a lot do.

RichHelms

@BookTrailer101
Registered
Reaction score
Website
booktrailer101.info
In Wordpress there are plugins for selling media. I just googled 'wordpress sell media plugin'

The normal approach is they connect to PayPal to collect the funds so you need a PayPal account.

turningpoint

Registered
Reaction score
I checked out gumroad and it looks very good. I like the option of distributing for free. I'll give it a try with one of my little ebooks to see how it works out. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.