Scrivener on a Surface Pro 2?

benluby

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
I am getting a Surface Pro 2, and I pick it up this weekend. My issue? Is it possible to get it to run Scrivener? I've used the search function and Googled it, but can't seem to find a direct answer to this question.
I write in it primarily, as I like the interface and set up.
My concern is, will I be using my Pro2 at work during lunch and breaks and have to write in Word, then move it to Scrivener, or will I actually get a chance to use Scrivener full time?
Has anyone had this issue?

robjvargas

Rob J. Vargas
Banned
Reaction score
I am getting a Surface Pro 2, and I pick it up this weekend. My issue? Is it possible to get it to run Scrivener? I've used the search function and Googled it, but can't seem to find a direct answer to this question.
I write in it primarily, as I like the interface and set up.
My concern is, will I be using my Pro2 at work during lunch and breaks and have to write in Word, then move it to Scrivener, or will I actually get a chance to use Scrivener full time?
Has anyone had this issue?

All Surface Pro devices use Windows 8/8.1, not the RT version. So Scrivener should be fine.

benluby

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Just found out it is a Surface 2 running RT, not a Pro2. Evidently, I am going to have to jailbreak it to run Scrivener, so I'm researching how well that actually works and talking to my tech weenie son to see if it is even possible. Ugh.

JalexM

Registered
Reaction score
Just found out it is a Surface 2 running RT, not a Pro2. Evidently, I am going to have to jailbreak it to run Scrivener, so I'm researching how well that actually works and talking to my tech weenie son to see if it is even possible. Ugh.
That's not possible, sorry. Even after you jailbreak it you can only run apps that have been recompiled to run on the jailbroken software :(