The Eldritch Tomb of Unknowable Caffeine

Status
Not open for further replies.

LadyV

Tree Hugger
Registered
Reaction score
Good afternoon Cantina!

My street was a sheet of ice this morning, so I called off work. I don't feel guilty for doing so either.

The BBC eventually did change their mind, and "Miri" was repeated and the other three first shown in 1992-4. I didn't catch those showings, but did on later repeats.
Interesting. I'm aware that the UK is a lot stricter when it comes to violence and kids shows. I remember seeing something where titles of cartoons from the US were changed and much of violence edited out.

tianaluthien

What I do is not up to you
Registered
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
Wow... I think, I think it's spring here. How did that happen? :Wha:

Man, I'm going to have to race to get the ponds clean before the frogs and toads wake up.

And of course the March rains are here.

Send some this way??? :cry:

*admires crane pose*

Ah yes...I remember falling off a post doing that.

:roll:

I'm much more comfortable with downward facing dog. :D

easter-hunt.jpg

:ROFL:

I WANT TO DO THIS THING.

*makes new pot, puts cable lock on the handle, sets up roaming-smibble-death-bot to guard it*

There's a roaming-smibble-death-bot?! How did I not know about this... Hmph.

Hey all...I'm back (again)! I really should make it a habit to post in here more regularly because I miss you guys :) No more mysterious months-long hiatuses (hiati??). How's everyone doing?

:hi:

Page 500!

Um...that's it. Nothing more to see here. Carry on.

These aren't the droids we're looking for?

That being said: :e2woo: :D

Afternoon Cantina. I'm sick of winter but at least it's MARCH NOW AND IT'S NOT A DRILL. Old Man Winter's days are numbered. *chants*

Has anyone here read either Vicious or A Darker Shade of Magic by V.E. Schwab? They keep popping up on my twitter feed and on Goodreads, and I'm getting curious. Admittedly, the cover art for Darker Shade reminded me (stylistically) of the cover art for Deathless (which was brilliant) so that might be part of it...anyhow.

Currently reading the latest Kate Daniels' novel, Magic Breaks. So. Good.

*sips coffee*

Carry on, Cantina.

CAMueller

Part-time ninja
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.vampirebookclub.net
My street was a sheet of ice this morning, so I called off work. I don't feel guilty for doing so either.

Smart decision. Last Friday I went in to work, only to have to leave at 11:30 because of how icy the roads were getting. Took me several hours to drive home. Agony. Would have just been better to stay at the house!

Related: It's raining now, and I swear if it freezes I'm going to lose it.

:flamethrower

I haz all the odd feelz today. Not sure what that's about.

:Hug2: Sometimes that helps.

Afternoon Cantina. I'm sick of winter but at least it's MARCH NOW AND IT'S NOT A DRILL. Old Man Winter's days are numbered. *chants*

Has anyone here read either Vicious or A Darker Shade of Magic by V.E. Schwab? They keep popping up on my twitter feed and on Goodreads, and I'm getting curious. Admittedly, the cover art for Darker Shade reminded me (stylistically) of the cover art for Deathless (which was brilliant) so that might be part of it...anyhow.

I haven't read A Darker Shade of Magic yet, but my reading twin (you know, the person who loves all the same books you do for the same reason) said it's PHENOMENAL. So once I get through a couple review books, I'm diving in.

Also, if we can chant away winter, I'm in. If we raise Cthulhu by accident, I think it'll be worth it.

ION: I started physical therapy on my shoulder this morning. My general thoughts are: Ouch, ouch, ouch, this will be worth it, ouch.

Maggie Maxwell

Making Einstein cry since 1994
Registered
Reaction score
Website
thewanderingquille.blogspot.com
There's a roaming-smibble-death-bot?! How did I not know about this... Hmph.

Seriously! I'm wondering the same thing. C'mon, Hoplite, you're supposed to fill out the form by the door when you mess around in the lab so I know what replacement parts to buy.

Haven't read either, but I have both of them on my own to-read list. Are we friends on Goodreads? I'm wondering if I'm one of the guilty parties popping up :tongue

hillaryjacques

Undercover, sort of...
Registered
Reaction score
I just wanted to show off my crane pose :D

Was this supposed to make us want to fight you? Cause I just want to preen your feathers. Platonically, of course.

*Grabs a cookie to wash down all the coffee.

You are doing it right, lady.

I am ready to start, but un-accountably nervous. First day on road, y'all. Here's to a lack of people throwing up on my or shouting at me *raises coffee mug*

Good luck!

Don't talk to me about spring.

The ponds are under three feet of snow here. And probably will be until April.

I heard that undulations (possibly not the technical term) in the jet stream will maintain this weather pattern for a few years. How is it that weather prediction is a completely inexact science, yet hearing an unfavorable forecast is completely depressing?

Glad you were able to get out and have fun, Junely! Say hi to Stanley for us.

ETOLA!!!

Can't remember if I have you on Teh Evil FB, so assuming you haven't seen this:
easter-hunt.jpg

Easter isn't supposed to be snowy? Our Easters usually look like this. Except it wasn't snowing that day, which was unusual.

Friendly Frog

Snarkenfaugister
Registered
Reaction score
*puts on a kettle for tea*

Don't talk to me about spring.

The ponds are under three feet of snow here. And probably will be until April.
Shall I stamp these crocusses back into the ground for you, sir?

To tell the truth, I doubt I'd survive three feet of snow. best of luck and may the sun come out soon and melt it!

Send some this way??? :cry:
I will attempt to, but be advised it comes with lots of rain and migrating amphibians in these parts.

tianaluthien

What I do is not up to you
Registered
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
I haven't read A Darker Shade of Magic yet, but my reading twin (you know, the person who loves all the same books you do for the same reason) said it's PHENOMENAL. So once I get through a couple review books, I'm diving in.

Hmmmm... *makes note* Thank you :D

Also, if we can chant away winter, I'm in. If we raise Cthulhu by accident, I think it'll be worth it.

ION: I started physical therapy on my shoulder this morning. My general thoughts are: Ouch, ouch, ouch, this will be worth it, ouch.

1) I'm down with that.

2) Yup. I feel you. Still there. :Hug2:

Haven't read either, but I have both of them on my own to-read list. Are we friends on Goodreads? I'm wondering if I'm one of the guilty parties popping up :tongue

We are now :D

Lissibith

On target
Registered
Reaction score
Interesting. I'm aware that the UK is a lot stricter when it comes to violence and kids shows. I remember seeing something where titles of cartoons from the US were changed and much of violence edited out.
I had not heard of this until last year, when someone pointed me to the Teenage Mutant Hero Turtles.

10trackers

Pollyanna, Shedder of Casual Blood
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Was this supposed to make us want to fight you? Cause I just want to preen your feathers. Platonically, of course.

:e2brows:

:e2teeth:

Sometimes, even though you have a list with over 50 WIPs you could be working on, every single idea you ever had seems stale, trite and stupid. I need enthusiasm.

Etola

Still looking for stars...
Registered
Reaction score
Good afternoon Cantina!

I was careful with saving up my time off specifically in anticipation of January/February weather. Now that I live at the top of a hill and the bottom of the hill is very curvy, I am quite prepared to call off if I don't think I can get down safely.

WB Etola!

I haz all the odd feelz today. Not sure what that's about.

Clearly, it is the sense that your life is now complete, now that I have returned :D

YES! 'Tis I, the Magnificent Etola, the Quiet Storm, Herald of Darkborne, secretary to the Even More Magnificent Guy Incognito! *flaps cape in the breeze*

Etola

Still looking for stars...
Registered
Reaction score
Status
Not open for further replies.