My personal September writing month, and goals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Dream_Writer

Dreamy fictionalist
Registered
Reaction score
Website
dreamystoryteller.tumblr.com
I've been contemplating for many weeks, and especially for about a week or so now, that I cannot get this desire out of my mind and spirit. And so, I've come to the definitive decision to write actively next month, and intensely so.

Just like a NaNoWriMo November Month, you know? Except personal, and...well, done in September.

About my project: In a world ruled by a weak emperor, a young man aspires to become a military leader, a general, in the midst of chaos. With swords, spears, arrowheads and opposing clan armies colliding for the sake of military rebellion and its suppression, it is the opportunity for him to show what he is made of. Not knowing that this yet small war is going to spiral out of control.

So, what are my goals are for the entire month of September:

1. Write a solid novel manuscript
  2. Achieve a word-count between 50k-100k of words.
  3. Do blog posts at least once per three days, just to keep myself in that swing, and keep anyone else updated (whoever). On my Tumblr that is.

Goal prior to the start of the next month:

1. Story planning, as much as possible, so that I won't hit that nasty wall called writer's block.

I must say, I am excited! Just to get to write again and give it my all.

snowpea

Registered
Reaction score
You intend to do this in a month? That's awesome.
What is your tumblr? Follow for a follow!

Anyway this is a good idea and I will definitely be coming up with some goals, although I start (grad) school next week so I dunno if I can stick to it.

HeavyAirship

Aboard my phaneron.
Registered
Reaction score
Your story sounds pretty cool. Good luck with your goals. I don't think you will be in danger of hitting writers block, especially if this is your first novel but you may discover that it's not big plot points that trip you up, it's tiny details that create problems (like: "oh my gosh, I just realized my character hasn't slept in 3 days!").

The_Dream_Writer

Dreamy fictionalist
Registered
Reaction score
Website
dreamystoryteller.tumblr.com
You intend to do this in a month? That's awesome.
What is your tumblr? Follow for a follow!

Anyway this is a good idea and I will definitely be coming up with some goals, although I start (grad) school next week so I dunno if I can stick to it.

My tumbler name is dreamystoryteller. I Followed you just now, ha. Been on Tumblr only for a few weeks now.

oceansoul

Registered
Reaction score
Best of luck with this challenge!

I really wish I could do a WriMo in September, as I feel like I have a good flow with my current project - but alas September is the craziest month of the academic calendar :(

dondomat

Banned
Reaction score
Good luck!
Maybe outline by chapter--sentence each--before Sept1, so that you can hit the ground running.

WhirlyGirly

Registered
Reaction score
Good luck! I envy those who do a WriMo, and hope to one day do NaNoWriMo, but I think I'll have to wait until my kids are in high school, or I'm retired.

Phaeal

Whatever I did, I didn't do it.
Registered
Reaction score
Good luck with your ambitious goals!

AliceWrites

Writing jazz
Registered
Reaction score
That's a great idea. I'm also at the beginning of a re-write for a novel I cranked out a couple of years ago. Coming back to the idea with fresh eyes and a new plan! (which I didn't have first time around ;))

Good luck with your goals.

Status
Not open for further replies.