MayNoWriMo - This time it's personal!

VP_Benni

likes a colorful font
Registered
Reaction score
I had an interesting morning... Some kid decided to throw a packet of maple syrup at a friend, and it hit him in the leg and exploded... All over me. So, I had to come home early and get all of the stupid syrup out of my hair... Bleh. >.<

~Amber~

Silver-Midnight

Registered
Reaction score
rising from the depths of a cup of coffee
I had an interesting morning... Some kid decided to throw a packet of maple syrup at a friend, and it hit him in the leg and exploded... All over me. So, I had to come home early and get all of the stupid syrup out of my hair... Bleh. >.<

~Amber~

That sounds horrible. Did it all come out?

VP_Benni

likes a colorful font
Registered
Reaction score
Won't be able to tell until my hair is dry and my clothes come out of the dryer. :tongue As far as I can tell, I'm much less sticky, so I'm pretty sure it's all good. If not, I'll shower again tonight and try again... :Shrug:

I got a couple statistics assignments out of the way because I came home early, at least. :)

~Amber~

Caitlin Black

Wild one
Registered
Reaction score
I need to do grocery shopping. Which means walking to the shops, shopping, walking home, getting ready for Uni, then walking back to the shops because that's where the bus stop is.

*sigh*

But I don't really want to carry groceries with me all day at Uni... Especially as I need to buy milk.

Yes, that wasn't writing related. But it's semi-Uni related, which seems to be all I get done nowadays.

Caitlin Black

Wild one
Registered
Reaction score
LOL. Good point. :D

So yeah, I've done my shopping, and then remembered to ring up my old employer and tell them my new address.

Tax time is fast approaching, and I'll need some paperwork from them for when I file my taxes. So it's a good thing I remembered to tell them my new address! :tongue

Going to work on a short assignment now... It's just another reading assignment, due tomorrow, but I want to get it done now. If I leave it till after I get home tonight, I'll be all cranky and feel rushed and tired and stuff. So yeah, should probably do it now.

And argh, I'm so lazy. During this Uni course, I've been reading things on the bus to and from the campus, right? It's helped me keep up with workloads, because otherwise the time on the bus is just wasted. This last week, though, I haven't been bothered to read on the bus. I really should though...

So yeah, another Cliff ramble brought to you by Red Bull! (Seriously, I found a large Red Bull for cheaper than a medium Red Bull. I wasn't going to buy any, but damn that was a good deal!)

Caitlin Black

Wild one
Registered
Reaction score
So I decided to go to the Uni early and work on the reading assignment without distractions.

Got to the Uni, and realised they had a used book sale going on. So I bought 2 really old books on the theory of fiction and drama for $2 each!

Like, they're so old, they have the plain single-colour covers, the only detail on the spine, not the covers, and that whole "the text is imprinted into the spine, instead of printed on" thing.

So happy with that. But it meant I only got half my assignment done. Gotta finish that tonight, then.

Caitlin Black

Wild one
Registered
Reaction score
Reading assignment finished.

As per usual, there was 1 question where the answer wasn't clear from the reading. *sigh*

I keep getting 1 mark wrong in these reading assignments. They're not worth very much, but it might drag my overall score for the subject down ever so slightly... And I'm aiming for a good score, as you'd expect.

Going to play guitar now, then off to sleepland.

Caitlin Black

Wild one
Registered
Reaction score
So I was playing guitar, loudly, home alone. Eventually another sound comes into my ears - the dog's barking. Then I hear someone yell, "Hello?"

Turns out it was the water guy, who I thought was coming tomorrow. Whoops.

So instead of getting in a good practice on the guitar, I spent 20 minutes talking to some random guy. *sigh* The best intentions...

Caitlin Black

Wild one
Registered
Reaction score
So I played around with my effects pedals for a while. It sort of counts as a practice... I guess. I still think that I'm being held back by my amp, but I so shouldn't be buying a new one right now!

But I'm putting off reading, which means that I find myself wanting to do other things. Like play guitar. And work on my novels, which have sat stagnant for months.

I've pretty much come to the conclusion that the novel I was editing last, well, it probably needs a complete rewrite or to be trunked or something...

I came to this conclusion because I find it hard to believe I'll catch people's attention with a hero who uses psychological brain trick stuff to kill the supervillain... Don't people want more action than that? And I don't know enough about the workings of the brain to make this believable.

For instance, my hero is up against an AI. The hero uses his eye, in a dream, to push an electron off a circuit in the AI's brain.

That just doesn't sound very plausible or interesting or whatever. And that's actually a major plot point!

*sigh* So I think I may have to start working on my WIPs, getting those 2 novels finished. They at least have a more actiony premise... Something a bit more marketable.

But then, I don't have the time for them right now. Which brings me back to putting off doing my readings.

I should read.

Silver-Midnight

Registered
Reaction score
Note to self: The next time you feel like asking a question about a particular book, don't. Just don't.

-----
I did get some editing done today. Still don't think this WIP will be ready until Mid-June or sometime in July though. I started narrowing down the list of who I'll send it to as well. Hopefully, it will sell.

Caitlin Black

Wild one
Registered
Reaction score
Good luck!

Wow, I just realised that I seemed to be spamming this thread yesterday... 6 posts in a row are mine. Whoops.

I guess I'm a little gung ho!

*tries to not post so much*

Silver-Midnight

Registered
Reaction score
Good luck. :)

Outlines take me soooo long to do, but they're the only way I can write.
Well, normally, I'm a pantser but I think what I'm working on is too big for me to do that with. So, I'm going to try to create an outline/guideline to help me out while I write it. If the way I'm trying now works out, I may try to apply it to other projects. My biggest problem is coming around "full circle" or reaching my story goal I think but I'm not quite sure.

VP_Benni

likes a colorful font
Registered
Reaction score
Just had my presenstation for my senior project. I was so nervous at first, but it turns out that there were literally only 6 people in there--my 5 scorers and the math teacher (understandable, since it was in his class room). It was SO easy! :) They said I did well, so I feel good. (translation: presentation will not hold me back from graduating :tongue)

And I have a two-liter of Dr. Pepper. :D I'm happy now.

~Amber~

VP_Benni

likes a colorful font
Registered
Reaction score
I have made a tradition of carrying around a 2-liter the days of the senior presentations. :D It makes everyone laugh cuz it's about the same size as my torso and about twice the size of my head... Lightens the tension a bit (which is good, considering the fact that if the seniors don't pass this presentation, they don't graduate...). :) My favorite soda.

Actually, when I got my 2-liter last year, my mom told me not to get another... So I handed a $5 to a couple of friends and told them to buy as many cans as they could with that so I could refill it. :tongue She told me just get another 2-liter next time...

~Amber~

Caitlin Black

Wild one
Registered
Reaction score
Yeah, a 2-litre bottle is better value than 2-litres worth of cans.

I've read 6 pages. The book is about 226 pages. *sigh*

But just this last book, then I can start working on my essays guilt-free. *serious face* Must read!

FoamyRules

Hamtaro Rules
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.thetigerseye.valentchamber.com
Man, my job has been kicking my ass, but the plus side is I'm getting some hours. Got work in an hour and 30 minutes so hopefully when I get off at around 10, I can get some more writing done. Anyone doing Camp Nano excited? :)

Caitlin Black

Wild one
Registered
Reaction score
Page 98.

Nearly halfway through the book now. I gave myself 3 days to read it, and I'm nearly halfway after day 1, so I like those odds. :)

Going to bed now. I almost fell asleep listening to music, so yeah, I should go to bed.