The Bouncy Castle in Space

MsJudy

Registered
Reaction score
bleah, no bouncing for me. For 3 weeks, I've been fighting off a bug, and...I lost. Now I've got bronchitis, but all the pharmacies are closed and I can't get my drugs until tomorrow.

Oh, well. Hot bath, Benadryl, lots of TV and I'll be fine.

starbeam

Registered
Reaction score
I'm sorry MsJudy. :( Drink lots of fluids and get lots of rest. That's pretty much what helped me most when I had bronchitis. Hang in there!

heza

Registered
Reaction score
Get better soon, MsJudy.

My pup woke up Saturday morning with a horrible ear infection, so I spent all morning looking for an open vet. She's already much better, but this vet (who was much more concerned than our normal vet seems to be about these recurrent infections) said I have to take her to an allergist; otherwise, I'm going to have to put her on steriods injections.

So much for paying off my credit card.

But then we spent the weekend out of town with friends. Didn't get a lot done around the house, but it was fun.

sissybaby

Registered
Reaction score
Hope you feel better soon, MsJudy. Being sick is so not fun.

Heza - poor puppy. I hope he is better soon and I hope he doesn't have to be put on shots. I had to do that with one of my Dalmatians because she was allergic to practically EVERYTHING!

But how can you tell when a dog has an ear infection? I feel so bad for him.

heza

Registered
Reaction score
But how can you tell when a dog has an ear infection? I feel so bad for him.

I don't know about most dogs, but mine shakes her head a lot, like she's trying to get something out of her ears. And there's a pretty distinctive smell because hers are mostly yeast infections. (Mmmm... hope none of you guys are still eating breakfast.)

Kitty Pryde

i luv you giant bear statue
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Hope everyone is feeling better! I am happy, got the day off work, and took a test to go back to school (CBEST) and I'm pretty sure I killed it. Still gotta wait for the essay portion score, but I got a feeling I can write an essay ;) My reward for surviving was a new superhero tshirt and a pocket rhyming dictionary, and a beer. Extravagance!

MsJudy

Registered
Reaction score
Good luck on the CBEST, Kitty! Yes, I remember that one... much fun.

Thanks for the well wishes, everyone. 3 Zithromax later, I'm feeling much better. I actually got through the whole day without a nap, and it doesn't hurt when I breathe! Nothing like being sick to lower your expectations...

Smish

Reads more than she writes.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
My cat spit in my eye over the weekend. And now my eye is infected and half my face is swollen. I have antibiotics now, but I look weird. And I squeeze my eyes closed every time the cat comes near me. :e2cat:

Smish

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Hope everyone is feeling better! I am happy, got the day off work, and took a test to go back to school (CBEST) and I'm pretty sure I killed it. Still gotta wait for the essay portion score, but I got a feeling I can write an essay ;) My reward for surviving was a new superhero tshirt and a pocket rhyming dictionary, and a beer. Extravagance!

I'm sure you did awesome! :Thumbs:

starbeam

Registered
Reaction score
Your cat actually spit in your eye? Wow! Now I'm afraid to let my own cats anywhere near my face! I'm sorry about your infection, Smish! I hope you get better real soon. :Hug2:

Smish

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks. Really, I think she sneezed. It was gross.

The doctor I saw today had no sense of humor. Our conversation:

Me: So, my cat spit in my eye. And now it's infected. As you can see.
Dr: How strange. I've never heard of that happening. But yes, it's certainly inflamed.
Me: I'm a little worried a parasitic worm is going to come crawling out of my face any moment.
Dr.: *stares blankly*
Me: I'm just kidding, doctor. Mostly.
Dr.: *raises eyebrows*
Me: Erm, okay, so what do we do about it?
Dr.: I'm going to give you an antibiotic eyedrop. It should clear up within the week.
Me: Are there any side effects I need to worry about? Blindness? Facial paralysis? Permanent disfigurement?
Dr.: That's ridiculous.

:roll:

Guess he's never been around kidlit writers?

Kitty Pryde

i luv you giant bear statue
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks. Really, I think she sneezed. It was gross.

The doctor I saw today had no sense of humor. Our conversation:

Me: So, my cat spit in my eye. And now it's infected. As you can see.
Dr: How strange. I've never heard of that happening. But yes, it's certainly inflamed.
Me: I'm a little worried a parasitic worm is going to come crawling out of my face any moment.
Dr.: *stares blankly*
Me: I'm just kidding, doctor. Mostly.
Dr.: *raises eyebrows*
Me: Erm, okay, so what do we do about it?
Dr.: I'm going to give you an antibiotic eyedrop. It should clear up within the week.
Me: Are there any side effects I need to worry about? Blindness? Facial paralysis? Permanent disfigurement?
Dr.: That's ridiculous.

:roll:

Guess he's never been around kidlit writers?

ROFL! He's just lucky you didn't ask about the possibility of developing mysterious magical cat spit powers...

Smish

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
ROFL! He's just lucky you didn't ask about the possibility of developing mysterious magical cat spit powers...

You have no idea how tempted I was to ask about the likelihood of my turning into a werecat.

Well, actually, you probably do. :D

SheilaJG

Registered
Reaction score
Smish - that is bizarre. I'm kind of allergic to cats, and if mine scratches me, it gets inflamed and really itchy. But I've never heard of cat spit causing an eye infection. Poor you! I hope those antibiotics clear it up quickly.

sissybaby

Registered
Reaction score
Oh, Smish, I so wish I could have been at the eye doctor with you. I love messing with the minds of people who are too adult for their own good.

Sorry about your eye. But I do understand. I'm allergic to one of my cats, she used to rub her face against mine, but if her spit got close to my lips, the next morning my lips would be all swollen up. Looked really weird, but I think I know how they make Botox now.

MIL's cat is still the devil, according to my cats. They absolutely detest him, and the growling and hissing is getting rather old. So far he's taking it well, even chases them around the house to show them he isn't afraid of all their posturing. That really riles them up. At least the dog likes him. They're becoming buddies and he even crawls into her kennel for naps.

heza

Registered
Reaction score
Yay for RuthD MsJudy feeling better. (ETA: it's too early and I've had too little coffee. Sorry. Although, I do certainly hope Ruth is well.)

*crosses fingers for Kitty's test*

Hope Smish gets better soon (and develops night vision in that one eye).

It's a shame the cats aren't getting along, Sissy, but dogs make good allies. ;)

I'm having second thoughts about the allergist for my dog. My vet said they'd just put her on Atopica... I looked up the side effects for Atopica, and it's pretty scary stuff. I wonder if there's such a thing as pet herbalists.

Last edited:

Smish

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks for the well wishes, everyone! After one day of the drops, my eye already looks a little better, and feels a lot better. So far, no cool werecat abilities. My canine teeth feel a little sharper today, though. :evil

MIL's cat is still the devil, according to my cats. They absolutely detest him, and the growling and hissing is getting rather old. So far he's taking it well, even chases them around the house to show them he isn't afraid of all their posturing. That really riles them up. At least the dog likes him. They're becoming buddies and he even crawls into her kennel for naps.

Awww. Poor fella. I'm glad the dog likes him. :)

I'm having second thoughts about the allergist for my dog. My vet said they'd just put her on Atopica... I looked up the side effects for Atopica, and it's pretty scary stuff. I wonder if there's such a thing as pet herbalists.

:(

My brother's dog is allergic to grass. He has a small yard in the city, so she's okay at his house. But when they visit my parents - who live in the country - she always has a blast playing outside and rolling around in the grass. Later, though, her poor little eyes swell up. His vet told him just to give her Benadryl (half a pill, I think).

MsJudy

Registered
Reaction score
Smish's cat is part cobra, methinks...

My dog is allergic to some sort of weed that grows in the fields around this time of year. Starts chewing on her paws all the time...chews them bloody, if she can.

Year one, vet put her on prednizone. Dog peed on everything and turned into a crabby...um, witch.

Year two, vet put her on an antihistamine, and recommended bathing her after every walk. Pup is much better, but very sad about all those baths.

heza

Registered
Reaction score
My dog is allergic to some sort of weed that grows in the fields around this time of year. Starts chewing on her paws all the time...chews them bloody, if she can.

That's our big trouble this year. She's chewing her paws up. I wonder if washing her feet everyday would help....