XoLeIn GaEpRuXoMyRuEp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kricket

Chirp! Chirp!
Registered
Reaction score
They look great as a band. Ha!

My goal in life is to date Felicia Day. Compared to your goal, it might be attainable.
:e2flowers

Well I guess I should have said, "be like Felicia Day". But I'd totally settle for best friendship.

:D

Kricket

Chirp! Chirp!
Registered
Reaction score
It's been really quiet here today. Everyone still recovering from April Fools?

hillaryjacques

Undercover, sort of...
Registered
Reaction score
Agh! Easter is this weekend! I haven't even started building my tregguchet!

bettielee

I'm a sparkly fairy princess!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
bettielee.wordpress.com
uh... I think someone needed a birthday thread!

Happiest of Birfdays, KL!

if you go looking around, you'll find another cake as well...

*sorry!

happybirthdayfairy.jpg

Long difficult day was long and difficult. Still not sure how to make it thru.... we'll see...

I sure am glad to see all of yous together, tho

zanzjan

killin' all teh werds
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
VPX
VPXI
Registered
Reaction score
Happiest of Birfdays, KL!

Happy Birthday seconded! :)

Long difficult day was long and difficult. Still not sure how to make it thru.... we'll see... I sure am glad to see all of yous together, tho
:Hug2: and much sympathies on difficult days.

My day pretty much sucked the farm right down to the very last piglet. It even involved police, and a rejection letter, and worst of all, my incredibly awesomely unbelievably ginormously epically useless poetry class. Not only have I not learned a @!$%! thing, and had to sit once again through the professor reading his favorite sexually explicit poetry (like he does nearly every class) it's gone past convincing me I have absolutely no talent as a poet and now making me doubt if I'm any good as a writer at all.

If you guys weren't here, I think I'd just curl up somewhere and cry. But y'all are here, so don't mind me if I sit myself at the bar and see if I can't talk the auto-bartender into accidentally punching itself in the head. Or me. Either works.

Sorry to steal your post, bettie. Come pull up a stool; there's Bailey's.

bettielee

I'm a sparkly fairy princess!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
bettielee.wordpress.com

My day pretty much sucked the farm right down to the very last piglet. It even involved police, and a rejection letter, and worst of all, my incredibly awesomely unbelievably ginormously epically useless poetry class. Not only have I not learned a @!$%! thing, and had to sit once again through the professor reading his favorite sexually explicit poetry (like he does nearly every class) it's gone past convincing me I have absolutely no talent as a poet and now making me doubt if I'm any good as a writer at all.

If you guys weren't here, I think I'd just curl up somewhere and cry. But y'all are here, so don't mind me if I sit myself at the bar and see if I can't talk the auto-bartender into accidentally punching itself in the head. Or me. Either works.

oh, hon... that sounds pretty lousy. Look. Poetry is in teh hearts...It is so very subjective. Of course... I've never taken a writing course, and that probably shows... but just because your teacher doesn't get you, doesn't mean you aren't teh bomb. And if he's not liking your poetries and reading sex-verse in class? He's a perv. And who wants pervs to like our poetries.

I have always believed if you want to be a better poet, read it and write it. There is my .02

you guys are the best. :)

Debio

Back from the land of the dead.
Registered
Reaction score

Oh hush*. I have seen the things you put in the poetry forum. See, the problem is there is a person in a position of authority, pontificating from that position, who just sucks. That does a lot to give students the "yur doin it rong" feeling. I hate those teachers with a passion and have dropped such classes in the past.

Just don't buy into it. It took me a long time to learn that. Just think of him like the folks who attack every use of a BE verb as passive. Or think that all adverbs should be piled up and burned in a sacrifice to the gods of writing.

I like what I have seen of your stuff. So don't stop, and just put perv prof in the "dick" category and do your own thing.

*forgive the extremely patronizing start to this. But it pisses me off when people get to feeling like this. Not at them, but at the source of their problems.:Soapbox:

ETA: If you figure out how to get the auto-bartender to punch itself in the head, please invite me, I want to watch.:popcorn:

amergina

Pittsburgh Strong
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.annazabo.com

Your poetry professor is both an idiot and a pervert. Heck, once you get a grade, make a complaint. Seriously. That's just *not* right.

You're an awesome writer.

Debio

Registered
Reaction score
Local weather report.

Haruichiban has arrived. When I came to work this morning we had 50knot sustained winds. That has increased, by how much, I don't know, but...

Students are not allowed to go outside now, gravel, not dust but gravel is flying. My poor car.

amergina

Pittsburgh Strong
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.annazabo.com
Local weather report.

Haruichiban has arrived. When I came to work this morning we had 50knot sustained winds. That has increased, by how much, I don't know, but...

Students are not allowed to go outside now, gravel, not dust but gravel is flying. My poor car.

:eek:

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
*stomps a few smibbles and yells at the krackling and bantha*

...hai guys. Don't mind me. I'll just leave this here before returning to Ponyville on my CareBoat (note- boat does not actually care)

tumblr_lmhyd1Bo0w1qzizv5o1_500.png

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Not only have I not learned a @!$%! thing, and had to sit once again through the professor reading his favorite sexually explicit poetry (like he does nearly every class)

Um, this is not acceptable. Do not wait until the end of the semester. Report him, now. There are programs in place at every university to anonymously report this kind of thing.

Unless he's tenured and respected. Then you're likely hosed. Sorry. (This is not me being sarcastic. This is me working at a uni, having gone through something between *students* where the uni's first and most primary response was a CYA maneuver tied directly to the amount of money the accused student's home country sends the uni.)

Drop the class if you can - there's almost always an alternative.

zanzjan

killin' all teh werds
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
VPX
VPXI
Registered
Reaction score
Oh hush*. I have seen the things you put in the poetry forum.

Said poem (or rather, a revised version thereof) is what I handed in for class tonight, and he said I should just get rid of the first two stanzas because "they have nothing to do with anything" and only the last stanza is an actual poem.

I'm having difficulties with this because of sh*t day and because the poem was really personal and, dammit, I worked REALLY HARD on it. Meanwhile twitlike student sitting next to me could've easily composed his poem with a magnetic poetry kit after chugging a six-pack and apparently he's incredibly talented.

*forgive the extremely patronizing start to this.
Naw, I'm being whiny and sulky. I'll be over it by tomorrow.

Haruichiban has arrived ... Students are not allowed to go outside now, gravel, not dust but gravel is flying. My poor car.

New things I never knew about Japan FTW.

And are there blueprints

Seconded.

Unless he's tenured and respected. Then you're likely hosed. Sorry. (This is not me being sarcastic. This is me working at a uni... Drop the class if you can - there's almost always an alternative.

Yeah, I work at a Uni too, enough said there or this is going to be a *very* long post. Too late to drop the class. Also ticked because I currently have a 4.0, and so far we've gotten NO grades, NO feedback about how we're doing, nada. I could be doing great, I could be failing, and I probably won't know until I get my grade after it's all over.

Gonna stop whining now, honest. Maybe I'll even go watch some TV, haven't done that in months.

ETA: sorry, I'm nowhere near this pathetically sensitive about my fiction, probably because when I send it off to a market I generally have an idea what they want, and if I miss, I miss, and I move on. There is absolutely no clue to be found about expectations here.

Last edited:

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I worked REALLY HARD on it. Meanwhile twitlike student sitting next to me could've easily composed his poem with a magnetic poetry kit after chugging a six-pack and apparently he's incredibly talented.

And you just summed up the one and only creative writing class I ever took. Fiction, not poetry (I knew my limits), and I still remember the sci-fi piece from the one girl that everyone gushed over.

It made Lucas look like Kafka.

Debio

Registered
Reaction score
Funny you should mention blueprints. Oh, wait, as someone not on twitter, you are not aware of what kinds of blueprints I was looking at today. :D

Giant Robot with Death Ray Eyes

or

Chainsaw?

zanzjan

killin' all teh werds
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
VPX
VPXI
Registered
Reaction score
Don't mind me. I'll just leave this here before returning to Ponyville on my CareBoat

Reminds me: I've been intensively decluttering my house the past several weekends, and while cleaning out a random corner of my office found a box of sculpy. I handed it off to eldest child, and she made a Rainbow Dash:

rdash1.jpg

rdash2.jpg

Eldest kid is awesome. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.