• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Eggplant Literary Productions

shelleyo

Just another face in a red jumpsuit
Registered
Reaction score
This is super sad. Their magazine was great. :( I was looking forward to the Elementals issue, too!

The resignation confuses me. You shouldn't have to resign if the company's dissolving.

They still have a final volume to publish with Kickstarter money. I assume the art director resigned from working on that.

Jinsune

Registered
Reaction score
On the art director's site she said she would answer questions as to why she made this decision, but within reason. That's understandable, as she's entitled to keep certain things to herself, but it's confusing to me as well.

To me it sounds like the art director wasn't aware that Eggplant was closing. It could be the way I'm interpreting this.

Jinsune

Registered
Reaction score
It doesn't work for me either. Looks like the site was taken down, CL Hilbert.

Taran

Registered
Reaction score
Website
onelastsketch.wordpress.com
I can still access it (using Google Chrome). Main page has the following:

Eggplant Literary Productions
Notice

Over the past several weeks it has become apparent that the mental health issues I have been dealing with for more than a year are keeping me from running Eggplant effectively. At this point I have decided to close the company down since I cannot give it, the authors and readers the attention and effort they deserve.

Spellbound and Spindles will be Eggplant’s last project. Current titles and issues of Spellbound will be taken off the market by September 1st. I will maintain the e-mail address for those readers who bought titles directly from the website.

I thank you all for the trust and support you gave me and Eggplant over the past three years.

Sincerely,

Raechel Henderson

Their twitter and Facebook page have not been updated since July 7th.

Jinsune

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks Taran, I can view the site now. So when Miss Henderson says she'll maintain the e-mails of those who brought directly from the website, does that mean she'll continue to send them newsletters or something?

Aggy B.

Not as sweet as you think
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks Taran, I can view the site now. So when Miss Henderson says she'll maintain the e-mails of those who brought directly from the website, does that mean she'll continue to send them newsletters or something?

I think they had offered a year-long subscription, though she had been going to move to a different model soon. (Obviously not any more, though.) Perhaps she means she will fulfill whatever subscription obligations are outstanding before closing down entirely.

In the meantime, I appear to have sold a few more copies of Brass Stars through Amazon. Which, at best guess, brings the total up to 42 copies overall (in a 9 month period).

Christine N.

haz a shiny new book cover
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.christine-norris.com
Poor Raechel. It's a shame for Eggplant (I have a box of past issues of the kids' magazine she did years back. I think.), I was happy to see it revitalized. I hope she's able to focus on her own health and get better.

Having been in the place the authors are now, I also feel for you. It sucks. But you'll land on your feet.

CL_Hilbert

Registered
Reaction score
Website
clhilbert.wordpress.com
Still no finished product from the Spellbound and Spindles Kickstarter. Last update was in March saying they finally got the files to a printer (and this after a Facebook post in December that they were sending the files to a printer). Have to say, not especially confident there will be a book at all at this point. So much for raising 15k. :/