• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

[Display site] OnlyOneChapter.com

Caro

Registered
Reaction score
Listen. YADS is an old term. It dates back to the SFRT on GEnie. Anyone remember GEnie?

Definitely. SFRT Roundtable and RomEx were great places tp hang out and learn. It's where I first heard about YADS and a number of other things.

TheEnd

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.SullivanAuthor.com
Wow, that's awesome. You should put that in your advertising! I hear Publish America is well on their way to becoming the biggest publisher in America and it can be very difficult for new aspiring authors to get their attention! I have a friend whose brother has a friend that was published by Publish America and he said they were one of the best publishers in the business!

One of the best....try, THE best! Over 1 billion served! ;)

This just in - www.whaddoyareckon.com is merging with Publish America to become the #1 stop for all your writing / reading needs. And because of that we are offering a one time offer to you, the aspiring author. For a one-time fee of 150 Roman Gold, you can send us your first draft and we will bind it and offer it to you for a mere $25 a copy. Of course, this doesn't include any kind of marketing, editing, or selling. But heck, we'll leave that to the real pub...I mean, the other guys. Ya, ya, the other guys.

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Behold, the placeholder page is now "live"! :rolleyes:

James D. Macdonald

Your Genial Uncle
Absolute Sage
VPX
Registered
Reaction score
Website
madhousemanor.wordpress.com
Behold, the placeholder page is now "live"! :rolleyes:

And what's the first thing I see over there?

"3 Easy steps to get your work in the public domain:"

Public domain?

Public domain?!

[Glyph of me falling on the floor, laughing.]

These guys don't have the first single solitary clue as to what they're doing.

Free hint, dude: Go find out what the words "public domain" mean.

Stijn Hommes

Know what you write...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.peccarymagazine.5u.com
Yes, there is a good chance sending a manuscript to an agent or editor will get it rejected. Sometimes the manuscript isn't good enough, sometimes the person you're sending it to simply doesn't like it. Writing is a highly subjective business, but dealing with rejection is part of it.

If you do the legwork and look into people who sell the type of manuscript you have on offer, you can have representation for less than $90.

Agents and editors don't have submission guidelines for nothing. They won't look at some internet page, they expect emailed electrons or paper pages.

Stijn Hommes

Know what you write...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.peccarymagazine.5u.com
OnlyOneChapter is in the final stages of testing. I guess I can understand why I can't find any manuscripts yet, but why isn't the FAQ active yet. I want to know how clueless they are. If they are really asking the authors to release their work into the pubic domain or if they are just clueless enough to write that on the main page when they actually mean something different.

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Did not survive '12. For the record, the promotional program for published work was called "i-Read&Buy!", and described thusly:

Self published? Published? Then promote your book through i-Read&Buy!

i-Read&Buy! is designed to promote new books and is linked to Amazon. It gives the reader the ability to look inside a book, read the first chapter, make a decision, buy it and also to give a review.

Simply upload the first chapter, the synopsis and the book's Amazon web address. It allows a publisher to promote a book and also for an author to independently promote their own book, regardless of whether they have a publisher or have chosen to go down the self-published route