The AWer Harper Voyager Unagented Submissions Watch Thread

sennydreadful

X-Box Fancier
Registered
Reaction score
Website
sennydreadful.com
Also the London Book Fair has pretty much carved a fortnight out of the landscape, if you include the lead time for pre-empts. I met up with an author friend for lunch and she commented that both her agent and publisher habitually go dark during that period.

Lunch without me? Outrage! :p

But yes, LBF pretty much blows everything else out of the water for at least a week and a bit. Super busy time for everyone.

QueenFrostine

Adrift in the Ice Cream Sea...
Registered
Reaction score
Does anyone know when the last rejection here was received? Been weeks, right?

thothguard51

A Gentleman of a refined age...
Registered
Reaction score
According to my tracking list, the last one received was on 4/16/2013. For the month of April, AW members have gotten 4 rejections.

We also have had a few members email HV and gotten responses of still in consideration or still waiting to be read.

Michael Drakich

A wanderer in the sea of publishing
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.michaeldrakich.wordpress.com
Wow, looks like I missed all the fun. In the meantime, I received an update from Bo Balder responding to my email query for updates -
Re: Harper Voyager
Whoops, guess I don't pay enough attention...No, I haven't heard anything yet.
Thanks for asking.

IN the meantime, I back to submitting to agents. Oh the joy!

paperbackwriter

Paperbackwriter
Registered
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I'm pretty late to this party, but I also subbed a YA fantasy to the open call last year and have yet to hear. Like the rest of you, I guess, the last thing I read was a post on their site on March 4th explaining they had another 1600 ms left to read. At the rate they're going, I predict they will finish with everyone in June. I'd rather they take their time and consider me than toss me out quickly. ??? Been a long time comin' tho. :)

QueenFrostine

Adrift in the Ice Cream Sea...
Registered
Reaction score
According to my tracking list, the last one received was on 4/16/2013. For the month of April, AW members have gotten 4 rejections.

We also have had a few members email HV and gotten responses of still in consideration or still waiting to be read.

Oh, 4/16! Sorry, missed that. Well, at least there's been some proof of life! :)

td333777

Registered
Reaction score
Arrrgh! When I saw HV hadn't posted anything new since the 19th, I started to believe the delay was due to an impending update for the digital submissions. Just saw their latest post--nope, chapter one of Raymond Feist's latest novel. Dang. Back to waiting...

amrawlins

Registered
Reaction score
I'm a long time lurker. I thought I would chime into the coversation. I submitted a horror novel on Oct 1st and recieved my rejection April 10th. I would have posted sooner, but I was having a hard time swallowing this rejection because they took so long to get back to me.

I have been working on a new novel since Jan. as I try to shake these feelings of doubt. I just want to finish this one and get back to writing screenplays which I prefer.

thothguard51

Registered
Reaction score
From PW Lunch...

Hannah Wood has moved to Harper as an associate editor.

Anyone familiar with Ms Wood?

sarahdalton

Banned
Reaction score
I'm a long time lurker. I thought I would chime into the coversation. I submitted a horror novel on Oct 1st and recieved my rejection April 10th. I would have posted sooner, but I was having a hard time swallowing this rejection because they took so long to get back to me.

I have been working on a new novel since Jan. as I try to shake these feelings of doubt. I just want to finish this one and get back to writing screenplays which I prefer.

Sorry to hear about your rejection, amrawlins! Hope your new book is going well. Onwards and upwards, as they say. :)

AbbyBabble

abbybabble.blogspot.com
Registered
Reaction score
Website
abbygoldsmith.com
I'm new here (ignore my join date, I've hardly ever visited until now), and you can include me on the Harper Voyager unagented submission list.

I submitted 1 novel, Science Fiction, on 10/14/2012. I haven't heard back from them.

Black-Marlin

Avoiding cliches like the plague
Registered
Reaction score
Website
starlingford.wordpress.com
The most recent update on HV's site is the posting of some Military SF. Given that Military SF is what I submitted (from what I can tell, I was the only AWer to do so) this makes me a little more hopeful, since it's clearly a genre they wish to market.

Clutching at staws? Moi? How very dare you...

thothguard51

Registered
Reaction score
Well, another week has gone by and HV has been silent on the open call.

Still, if past responses are any indication of how HV is working, Sundays and Mondays seem to be when the recent email rejections have gone out. This might indicate the readers or editors are catching up on the weekends these days. And then again, it might not mean anything.

Anyway, wishing one and all a good weekend.

Ixtila

↓ Shiny new avatar! ↓
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.ellastradling.com
Hi there,

I'm new to this forum, and I'd like to thank you for this thread. I've been watching HV for updates and languishing in the no news hinterland. As sad as it is for those who've been rejected, this thread showed me that the process is still ongoing, and that I'm not the only one still waiting. I submitted the very first day, and was a victim of the first day glitch, having to email for my confirmation. So now, with still no news, I keep going back to that fear that somehow my email address was wrong on my submission and that's why I haven't got my rejection yet... :p

Edit: BTW my submission was fantasy. :)

Last edited:

thothguard51

Registered
Reaction score
JUST FYI...

I will be updating the tracking list tomorrow as we have a few new members to add to the list. If you have not reported anything in a while, please leave a quick post just to let us know you are still alive.

Have a great weekend everyone...

AnnaC

Registered
Reaction score
Hello, all! I still haven't heard anything yet. Trying to be patient and work on other stories.

4everwriter

Registered
Reaction score
Checking in with the new thread.

No news about my second submission, and no response to my inquiry as to which of the two was rejected.

In the meantime, I'm busy going through the always fun agent query gauntlet, and working on another book.

loki76

Registered
Reaction score
Hi there, checking in. Still waiting to hear back - but in the meantime I wrote another one and was able to find a home for another one :)

mistri

Sneezy Member
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.livejournal.com
Still waiting for my probable rejection :). It doesn't matter because I've got lots on writing-wise, and after this, the manuscript I submitted will either get put in a drawer or revised and self-published, not sure which yet.