Shadow magic?

Aholm83

Registered
Reaction score
Quick outline of my MC, anything missing?

Rasmus:
35 years old

5'11" tall

220 pounds

Shoulder-length, graying black hair

Hazel colored eyes

Retired assassin (personal dishonor?)

Can use shadow (needs better name!) abilities

Frightened of ravens (attacked as a child, drawn to magic?)

Loves salmon when he can afford it

Relatively poor but is charitable at times/to the right person

Enjoys games of skill, recovering compulsive gambler

Reserved personality

Secret: Has high born child, stays away to keep her and her mother safe

jjdebenedictis

is watching you via her avatar
Registered
Reaction score
Um, nobody cares about this sort of information except the writer. :)

Is it enough for you? Can you start writing the story of this person? If the answer is yes, then nothing is missing -- except all the stuff you'll discover about him as you write his story. :D

frimble3

Heckuva good sport
Registered
Reaction score
Pete, the idea of the princess escaping on her own is definitely valid. In fact, I like it. The difficult part is how to pull it off without it being cheesy. A friend of mine suggested that she have been born with the abilities to walk through the shadows at a very basic level. That could work, but it would require, in my mind, her father having been one of the assassins.

I suppose I could make it the retired/exiled MC, but even that feels cliché. However, perhaps he doesn't know…
Or her mother? Her father was the king, her mother was the shadow assassin sent to kill him. She gave up her murdering past for love (or the desire for a quiet life). In any case, the princess has some shadow powers, but is also a very clever princess. She is, if fact, The Princess Who Invented the Umbrella. :D 'Portable Shadow'. Picture the looks on her enemies' faces when she stands there, with her little cloth covered stick, surrounded by torches held high. Then, 'POP' the stick opens up, a ring of shadow forms, and there she goes, taking her shadow with her.