The Bouncy Castle in Space

MsJudy

Registered
Reaction score
SkippyJon rules!!!

I fear not a single bandito...

I'm going as an old lady. Gray wig, gray handknitted shawl, black skirt, kneehigh socks and old black clogs, plus a lovely flowered wooden cane.

Here's hoping someone realizes it's a costume, and not just a bad hair day...

Today was fun. Started off with my two autistic boys setting out the classroom chairs. Let me tell you, those chairs have never been neater or straighter...! Then Swirly the guinea pig came to visit, and the kinders had brand new Hot Wheels to play with, and I got my new glasses! Much excitement all around.

Tomorrow should be positively boring in comparison. Oh, wait...

sissybaby

Registered
Reaction score
I want to see photos of everyone's costumes! My son is going as an Angry Bird - the red one? Couldn't fork up $50.00 for an actual costume, so he's got a plastic mask (it's rather small for his chubby face but he doesn't care) and his red bird shirt and his red bird pj pants. The kid has no pride, but I'm proud enough of him for both of us.

I'll be doing trunk or treat since we live out of town and won't have tricksters at our house. Got my witch costume ready, and found some new tights in orange and purple stripes. (exciting!)

The bad thing is I got the coolest led lights that are big orange spiders - yes, spiders, I know - and I planned to tape them around my back hatch, but I can't find a business who will let me run an extension cord to an outlet. So I guess I'll have to use the little ghost garland instead.

Everyone stay safe!

Spiral

looking at the stars
Registered
Reaction score
Happy Halloween everyone!! Totally my favourite day of the year!

My daughter wanted to go as Coraline. So I searched everywhere...do you think I could fine a raincoat and boots? Of course not. Or even a blue, short wig? Nope. So I bought a long wig and cut it, and settled on a mash-up of other Coraline clothes--a blue sweater with stars, a black vest, a hat and a messenger bag. It took me a whole day to gather all of these things, driving around town.

So of course she changed her mind last night. Says she wants to be a zombie instead, like her older brother. :D At least that was easy, and it was fun making the clothes. We got them wet and dirty and ran over them with the car a few times.

I worked up the nerve to post in SYW today for the first time. My deadline to hand in my ms to the editor at Red Deer Press is fast approaching though...I wish I'd worked up the courage sooner!!

Polenth

Mushroom
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.polenthblake.com
Yay for Hallowe'en! I don't usually dress up, but the house is decorated (we have a disproportionate number of spider decorations, which is probably my fault... I love spiders). And then a headstart on NaNoWriMo at midnight (I'm doing a middle grade sci fi this year, with no spiders).

:hooray:

jvc

Fearsome Dragon Mod
Registered
Reaction score
Merry Halloween everyone. Or is it Happy Halloween? I can never remember.

:hi: Hi Morgan, welcome back.

Good luck, Spiral, if I'm in the area of SYW I'll pop in and take a peek.

MsJudy

Registered
Reaction score
My old lady costume was a huge hit!!! I think it wasn't so much the gray wig and handknit shawl and flowered cane, as it was me hobbling after the little ones, grumbling, "Slow down, you rotten kids. Wait for me!"

After a while I had to take off the itchy wig. A little while later, one of the kinders said, "Um, Ms. Judy, your hair's on the floor!"

And one of the first graders just stared at me for a while, then said, "Excuse me. Are you really Ms. Judy?"

Too fun.

MJWare

Kidlit gang, Junior member.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.MJAWare.com
I went as one of the bad guys from GI Joe, but I didn't have time to get a toy gun, so everyone just thought I liked to wear fatigues. Oh well.

I'm going to be on Good Dat Sacramento tomorrow (Thursday). A couple interviews between 7-9am (pst). If you are up you can catch it here:
http://gooddaysacramento.cbslocal.com/good-day-sacramento-live/

Unfortunately, it's for my business, not for writing. Still, I figured some of you might want to see how much weight I've put on since taking my profile photo =-0

Last edited:

Britwriter

Registered
Reaction score
My kids were feeling sad about Halloween, thinking of all the kids who had no neighborhood to go out in after Hurricane Sandy. So, they dressed up, made a collection tin out of a baked-bean can, and went out trick or treating for spare change for the Red Cross. They came back with $36!

After that, I sent them out again for half an hour into a different street, this time for candy.

So, it turned out to be a good Halloween for them, after all.

MsJudy

Registered
Reaction score
My kids were feeling sad about Halloween, thinking of all the kids who had no neighborhood to go out in after Hurricane Sandy. So, they dressed up, made a collection tin out of a baked-bean can, and went out trick or treating for spare change for the Red Cross. They came back with $36!

After that, I sent them out again for half an hour into a different street, this time for candy.

So, it turned out to be a good Halloween for them, after all.

nice kids you got there!

Kitty Pryde

i luv you giant bear statue
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I hope this is not giant: Me and my sweetie as Wreck-It Ralph and Fix-It Felix:

2012103195182216.jpg

MJWare

Kidlit gang, Junior member.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.MJAWare.com
OMG Kitty, those costumes are completely outrageous! I could never be that creative. Thanks for posting-- you put a smile on my face.

Now, I just need to see the movie!

heza

Registered
Reaction score
My bounce, today, is that my ears have finally popped. I've had a head cold for more than a week, and the worse of it was that my ears constantly felt like I was going up in an airplane, and the pressure never went away... until now. I can hear again!

My Halloween was super uneventful. Being sick, I couldn't work on costumes, so I ended up getting a pass to come as myself to my friends' Halloween party (this weekend). The friends I'm staying with right now don't pander to Trick or Treaters :( so I only got to see the darkly dressed children as they darted back and forth across the streets of our neighborhood at twilight with no reflective gear whatsoever....

I did notice a surprisingly large number of older, uncostumed teens out trick or treating.... That became unfashionable in my time around age 13. Is it popular to do it on a lark, now?

Kitty Pryde

i luv you giant bear statue
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Today in kindergarten reading group, the teacher asked what were some things that all fairy tales had in them (like a castle, good guy, bad guy, talking animals, etc). One kid raised his hand and with all seriousness said, "Robot sharks." I've been giggling about it all day. That's now my go-to answer for all queries.

Yesterday my Cute Student said something really mean to another kid, and the other teacher there and I gave her the exact same reprimand "Hey, hey, hey!" at the exact same time in the exact same inflection, as though we had been rehearsing all day for that moment to arrive. The kid was too stunned to do anything, so it was effective I guess :D

In other news, happy Friday! Any big bouncy plans, anyone?

MsJudy

Registered
Reaction score
Today in kindergarten reading group, the teacher asked what were some things that all fairy tales had in them (like a castle, good guy, bad guy, talking animals, etc). One kid raised his hand and with all seriousness said, "Robot sharks."

I wish...

Britwriter

Registered
Reaction score
Robot sharks! That's hilarious!

Reminds me of when I was teaching, years ago. The bishop came to do a huge talk to the entire school. The kids seemed to hang on every word, but I think they were just fascinated by the fact he was wearing a 'dress'. They sat apparently mesmerized. Then, at the end of this very passionate and moral speech, obviously designed to impact their entire lives for the better, he asked if the kids had any questions.

Total, absolute silence. It was painful. Eventually, one kid slowly raised his hand. His question?

"Have you got a dog?"