Arrow

Twinkie

spongy, yellow, & an utter mystery
Registered
Reaction score
robjvargas, it gets worse. Trust me. I understand her hostility toward Arrow, but, yeah, they kind of do weird things after that.

I'm hoping they will take some measures to redeem themselves with these next few Laurel-centric episodes. If I can't have Felicity on my screen being awesome, then I'd at least like to see the other main lady character get a decent arc and some consistent character development.

Twinkie

spongy, yellow, & an utter mystery
Registered
Reaction score
Everything is Olicity, and nothing hurts.

Except everything hurts. :p

It was really good.

Shadow Dragon

Registered
Reaction score
I was behind for awhile but I got caught up. I loved the Harley Quin cameo in the Suicide Squad episode and I think they're doing a pretty good job of showing off Deathstroke's careful planning and aggressive nature, even if this version is a bit more insane.

Opty

Banned
Reaction score
Tonight's episode....whoa.

The last 10 minutes.

Just...whoa.

:Jaw:

Violeta

All I Ever Wanted Was The World
Registered
Reaction score
Yeah... I was NOT prepared for that.

SPOILERS:
I was hoping Malcolm Merlyn would show up & save the day. Like, you know... anytime soon. 'Cause really. If someone can pull it off under those circumstances, that's gotta be him, right? Right. But yeah... nope! Nooooope... nopety, nope! God if I had any emotions left for this show, I'd be seriously hating me some writers right now for recreating that scene again, and making my heart jump out of my chest, and into the drawer! :Hammer:

AskMalice

Registered
Reaction score
That scene was so powerful. Everything is being torn from Oliver. And right before it happened she was about to tell them that Merlyn was alive.

Did Oliver's knee get hurt because the actor got hurt in the middle of shooting and they tacked it onto the script? It seemed odd that he'd get hurt again so soon after his last "motorcycle accident." They even tacked a lantern on it with Moira saying as much.

Violeta

Registered
Reaction score
Just a little warning... Arrow is getting on my last nerve, and it's doing it on all angles, so... yeah! The comments below are gonna be just a tiny little bit heated, if you can believe it :tongue. Sorry about that.

I'm getting sick and tired of waiting for Malcolm Merlin to show up and friggin' save the day. And I don't even know if that's ever gonna happen!! I just... I feel like it's a mix between what I want there to happen and what the plot is totally asking for. Because it's not just asking, it's screaming for it!!

Who else would be able to barge in and kick some serious ass without much of an effort? Who else would and could be willing to help out the Arrow? And if not to help out anyone, just come by already to whisk your daughter away, you idiot!! Or, I don't know, avenge your ex-lover's death? Maybe? IDK. Just. Do. Something!

Malcolm Merlin better show up or I'm gonna be so pissed at this whole stupid season...! :rant: Argh! I don't believe they had him for a couple episodes back then and that was it. Like "Bye all!! See you in S3!" Nope. NopeNopeNopeNope... Nope... Nope!

And btw, who ends an episode like that? They didn't even resolve any of the threads they opened in this episode. And they actually opened a thousand and the mother of all questions again, to what? Resolve them all in the season finale? Hahahha... No.

Opty

Banned
Reaction score
SPOILER.....

...he does. He's even in the promo for next week's episode. The producers teased in an interview this week that Sarah left to go get help from Nyssa al Ghul and the League of Assassins. They're bringing their army of assassins to Starling City to help fight Deathstroke's mirikuru army.

heza

Registered
Reaction score
So now I'm obviously wondering whether Thea shot Macolm (I think I saw him in the preview for next week...) or the masked guy getting up behind.

What was with all the covert Olicity? In the clock tower, did anyone else notice the weird close ups whenever Oliver touched Felicity? When she hugged him after her big speech and it zoomed up on his hand closing around her back... and then when he was leaving her there with Jackson and it zoomed up on him gripping her shoulder... Was that just my imagination?

And Blood said one more person had to die--the person Oliver loved the most? So... is Slade targeting one more person, specifically, or is the City a person? If it's an individual, who would it be? Thea? Is that why Malcolm had to jump in and protect her? Is it Laurel? Is it Sara? Is it *cough*Felicity*cough* -- wasn't it sort of weird that Isobel was specifically looking for Felicity? (And she's wanted to kill her ever since...? Am I forgetting something Felicity did to her?)

CrastersBabies

Burninator!
Registered
Reaction score
Fan-servicing. Seriously. They will never put those two together, but CW is known for winking/nodding at the fans.

Violeta

Registered
Reaction score
I disagree. I see the writers putting Oliver and Felicity together and making it endgame without much of an effort. They love the little gem they found there and they're not just fanservicing us, I truly believe they've fallen as much in love with Olicity as their fans did. So yeah. I see Olicity in the future.

Am I forgetting something Felicity did to her?)

Nope, you're not. I think she just wants her dead because she's jealous and she never liked the IT girl anyway. Also, because Oliver liked her better? :Shrug: Not to mention that it might as well be simple orders from the boss.

heza

Registered
Reaction score
I disagree. I see the writers putting Oliver and Felicity together and making it endgame without much of an effort. They love the little gem they found there and they're not just fanservicing us, I truly believe they've fallen as much in love with Olicity as their fans did. So yeah. I see Olicity in the future.

I would like to think Olicity had an actual shot. I agree it's what a good portion of fans want (mostly because of how they sabotaged Laurel's character early on). I also have to agree with Crasters, though—I'm just not convinced the CW would risk going that far against canon. It would really upset the purist... not that I suspect a lot of purists could stomach the show, anyway. :Shrug: But I shall cling to the hope you've given me. ;)

I would be satisfied with a slow-burn Olicity that plays out to the end with different relationships getting in the way in the meantime—so long as none of those relationships become too permanent. Like Oliver moving in with Sarah? Not crazy about that development.

.... it might as well be simple orders from the boss.

Because he loves her most!

suha52

Registered
Reaction score
OK, just seen the first episode and I think it was amazing. I am not the biggest fan of comics or very knowledgeable about Green Arrow in general.

Shadow Dragon

Registered
Reaction score
OK, just seen the first episode and I think it was amazing. I am not the biggest fan of comics or very knowledgeable about Green Arrow in general.
You don't need to worry about comic knowledge in this. One, it's a very different universe than DC's main one so the characters all have a unique story. And they do a good job of giving the characters a backstory within the show, rather than depending on people to recognize who they are.

Opty

Banned
Reaction score
I hated that they killed Sarah but I think that I mainly liked her because she looked a lot like the girl I was dating. That ended last week, so now I'm totally cool with her being dead. lol

I wish they'd been able to get Liam Neeson for Ra's (he'd expressed interest in it) but I'm interested to see what they do with his character for the rest of the season, especially after the events of this week's episode.

dragonjax

I write stuff and break boards.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jackiekessler.com
I have just finished marathoning all of Arrow from the beginning all the way to "The Secret Origin of Felicity Smoak." Totally caught up. And holy cats, am crushing on Felicity. And that was before the nod/wink to Death from DC's Vertigo. Now? Oh, so loving her. The way she got the gun away? Love. Her. With emphasis on the love.

Overall, I appreciate the comic book nods as much as the breaks from the comic canon.

This show, and The Flash, are such complete guilty pleasures, they're right up there with chocolate. Nom.