Question about an ebook

Mayday

Absolute Blight
Sockpuppet
Banned
Reaction score
How long does it usually take from acceptance to publication?

Michael Davis

Registered
Reaction score
I have 20 some releases out there. Of the novels, from acceptance to "hitting the street" took general 10 to 12 months and was under the control of the publisher, not me.

Old Hack

Such a nasty woman
Super Moderator
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
It all depends on where you submit, who accepts the book for publication, and how topical it is.

In general, though, a year or so is common with trade publishers who intend to publish a print edition, but smaller publishers which deal in e-books only can get your books out in a few months.

Becky Black

Writing my way off the B Ark
Registered
Reaction score
Website
beckyblack.wordpress.com
It definitely depends on the publisher. And not even a type of publisher. Yes a small press digital first publisher might take three months. Or they might take a year, depending on how that publisher likes to work and how many books they already have lined up on their schedule. And a big publisher who usually takes a year might rush a book out that's about something topical to ride the wave of current events or some similar reason.

Rechan

Registered
Reaction score
There's also the whole matter of editing, which can add as much time as the Publisher is interested in devoting to it. Some only do a proofread run, others actually have an editor who works with you.