The Bouncy Castle in Space

MJWare

Kidlit gang, Junior member.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.MJAWare.com
...but every time I review my story I find something to change! Then I have to let it sit before I review it again. Today, it WILL be today....

I'm the same way, even shorts I edit at least a dozen times, then let them sit for two weeks before I re-edit. This time, It's going to take 5 days, just to get it in decent shape. My fault for waiting too long =-)

swachski

checking the 'reset' box
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Yup, now I can move on to my neglected WIP. :D

SheilaJG

Registered
Reaction score
Morning!

Anyone checking out WriteOnCon today? Participating? I posted my minion story in the MG query and 1st five pages threads.

that redhead

Registered
Reaction score
Morning!

Anyone checking out WriteOnCon today? Participating? I posted my minion story in the MG query and 1st five pages threads.

ooooooooo.....I'm curious! I'm gonna go check it out just as soon as I can manage more than 3 free minutes... :) :)

MJWare

Kidlit gang, Junior member.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.MJAWare.com
Morning!

Wife's b-day today; probably no chance. Last time, I could never connect. Has anyone been attending.

ColoradoKate

Registered
Reaction score
Wife's b-day today; probably no chance. Last time, I could never connect. Has anyone been attending.

Happy birthday to your wife! I'm there now, "listening" to Suzie Townsend answer questions.

Sheila, I'm off to open another window, hopefully, (*craaaaashhh?*) to look for your minion query. I posted one, too, and managed to beat the buzzer for posting a Twitter pitch and 100 words for tomorrow's critique session, too.

Phew.

Head hurts...

SheilaJG

Registered
Reaction score
Sheila, I'm off to open another window, hopefully, (*craaaaashhh?*) to look for your minion query. I posted one, too, and managed to beat the buzzer for posting a Twitter pitch and 100 words for tomorrow's critique session, too.

Phew.

Head hurts...

Thanks for commenting on mine, Kate (can I call you Kate? Or do you prefer Colorado? or CK?). I tried to enter that pitch thing, but I hesitated a second too long, and ended up being 78th or something, and they're only taking the first 75. Good job beating the buzzer! I'm going to go check out your query now. Toodles.

And Mike, lots of stuff is archived, so you can read the agent Q&As any time.

swachski

checking the 'reset' box
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Sheila, I went to WriteOnCon to find your minion query, but I don't know my way around that forum so I couldn't find it. Can you post a direct link?

I did read Suzie Townsend's Q&A chat though. Very good info.

:Jump:

SheilaJG

Registered
Reaction score

Kitty Pryde

i luv you giant bear statue
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I'M ALIIIIIVE! Hi guys! Just returned from the wedding, which went awesomely. I need to sleep about three days solid then I'll be set. When I am less exhausted I shall share a humorous tale of wedding shenanigans.

Kitty Pryde

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Oh yah, so that bridesmaid speech totally kicked butt--I had 170 people cracking up, which might be the biggest crowd I've ever been up in front of. The wedding was really nice, and I made 200 and frosted 300 cupcakes all in one day and they were delicious. And we went rafting with a group of 80 rafters/kayakers (that's an awful lot).

So the bride was saying her vows, and I was standing with the bridesmaids and bridesdudes about two feet away from her. We had these big hippie-ish bouquets to hold, and mine was of sunflowers and baby's breath. And a bumblebee flew into my bouquet. So I was like, don't scream, don't run away, don't ruin the wedding! So I very calmly and quietly lowered my arms to point the flowers at the ground, so at least I would not have a bee all up in my face.

I went to pull the bouquet back up, and four bridesmaids down, my friend hisses SARAH IT'S ON YOUR DRESS. So I look down and there is a different bee, an enormous, mutant bee of death, with its evil bee claws dug into my dress right in the middle of my, err, bosom. Now I'm really really trying not to flip out. And the bride is still reading her vows. Her little brother was standing next to me so I hiss CHRIS GET IT OFF ME. We make quite the comical display, I am sure. He's really not the valiant heroic type, but he summoned up some bravery and brushed this inch long villainous beast off of me, and all was well. The bride said she didn't even notice the commotion :D

SheilaJG

Registered
Reaction score
"enormous, mutant bee of death" - Oh my God, I love that line! Thank you, thank you, thank you for that post - so funny!

(And congrats on killing the speech! Speaking in front of that many people would have made me shake with fear).

swachski

checking the 'reset' box
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Great story, Kitty! Are you considering stand-up comedy now that you've experienced the thrill of a laughing crowd? :D

Kitty Pryde

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Everyone says I am hilarious, but TBH it took about three adult beverages to get me up in front of all those people. Any career based in substance abuse is probably not a great life choice. I will stick to making people spit out their drinks or wet their pants with my stupid stories.

Smish

Reads more than she writes.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
"enormous, mutant bee of death" - Oh my God, I love that line!

I love that line, too! I think I may love "inch long villainous beast" even more, though. :ROFL:

I'm allergic to lillies. Every wedding I've been in, the bouquet has freaking lillies. I warn them ahead of time. So, I really don't understand why they get so pissed when the vows are interrupted by a fit of sneezing. :rolleyes:

parumpdragon

I sometimes hiccup fire
Registered
Reaction score
Everyone says I am hilarious, but TBH it took about three adult beverages to get me up in front of all those people. Any career based in substance abuse is probably not a great life choice. I will stick to making people spit out their drinks or wet their pants with my stupid stories.

Ooh, yeah liquid courage is not the way to go...

sissybaby

Registered
Reaction score
Kitty - you're supposed to be asleep!

but thanks so much for taking the time to share - I would have just puked if I had to talk in front of that many people. I'll sing in front of a whole dang cruise ship crowd, but not talk. Can't do it.

Loved the bee story! You are so very creative, and I thank you for sharing and making me laugh.

Smish - maybe they do it on purpose? Nah, just kidding.

If I ever get married again - ha! - I know two people I will definitely invite!