Public Speaking services

tmason

Registered
Reaction score
Hello,

I'm new to this community and wanted to reach out to ask for your advice. I'm in the process of writing my nonfiction, self-help book and have been approached by a few non-profit organizations to speak at their conference and promote my book. Since my book won't be released until Jan 2015, I still have a good amount of time to practice my public speaking.

I've been reading the book, Talk Like Ted and video taping myself. I've realized just how much I enjoy public speaking and would like to add this service to my coaching and consulting business. Would you happen to know any suggestions on how much to price public speaking especially for someone new and how to best present my public speaking services on my website?

Thank you for your help!
-Tiffany
[email protected]

Howleyer Than Thou

Registered
Reaction score
Good for you for videotaping yourself Tiffany. That's one of the smartest things you can do. Keep it up.

I would do a lot more reading about and watching public speakers before you start to teach others how to do it. It's a craft that takes years to learn.

If you want to learn it fast, I'd HIGHLY recommend that you join a Toastmasters organization, in fact I'd recommend that you join 2 or 3 clubs if you have the time and make sure you let your mentor know what your specific goals are. The 2013
World Champion of Public Speaking joined 6 clubs in Chicago and in 4 short years won the whole enchilada. He put in a ton of time though.

I'd also recommend Darren LaCroix and Craig Valentine's "Own The Stage" . It took my speaking to a whole other level. Also, just about anything by Patricia Fripp.

Good luck and I hope you continue to have fun!