The hottest iceberg cover ever

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marian Perera

starting over
Registered
Reaction score
Heaven is a place on earth called Toronto.
Website
www.marianperera.com
Check this one out!

ColdestSea_zps4b760e26.jpg

The story was inspired by Titanic, so I was thrilled to see the ship and the giant iceberg. Not to mention the heroine in furs and with that smoldering look. Yay. :)

Viridian

local good boy
Registered
Reaction score
Oh wow. Congrats.

Phaeal

Whatever I did, I didn't do it.
Registered
Reaction score
I'm just worried the model is going to accelerate global warming and melt that shapely iceberg.

Nice!

Parametric

Registered
Reaction score
I love that they gave her eyes a kind of bronze/golden colour to match the colours at the bottom of the cover.

Marian Perera

starting over
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.marianperera.com
I love that they gave her eyes a kind of bronze/golden colour to match the colours at the bottom of the cover.

That's how her eyes look in the story, so I was delighted.

That is a *gorgeous* cover. *fans self vigorously*

Come on in, the water's lovely! :) Thanks!

1) Awesome cover, as ever!
2) You changed your username!

1) Thank you!
2) I thought I should be more "official" and use my real name. But I'm still Queen of Swords in some places.

wampuscat

Recovering adjective addict
Registered
Reaction score
I missed this before, but I just wanted to say congrats! Your covers have the feel of crushed velvet.

nealraisman

tenured at Mammon U
Registered
Reaction score
great cover that conveys a definite lushness for the book and I am sure the words are even better than the cover.

gingerwoman

Registered
Reaction score
Check this one out!

ColdestSea_zps4b760e26.jpg

The story was inspired by Titanic, so I was thrilled to see the ship and the giant iceberg. Not to mention the heroine in furs and with that smoldering look. Yay. :)
Oh my God! Who does your covers anyway. They're superb. Was that your concept for the cover?

Marian Perera

starting over
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.marianperera.com
great cover that conveys a definite lushness for the book and I am sure the words are even better than the cover.

Thank you muchly!

All of your covers look great.

Thanks. :) I can't wait to see what Loose Id comes up with for the African-themed one.

Oh my God! Who does your covers anyway. They're superb. Was that your concept for the cover?

Kanaxa - she does a lot of SF covers and I've been making grabby hands in her direction each time I have to fill out a new cover art form.

This is actually version #3 of the cover. I always wanted the ship + iceberg background for the Titanic vibe, but the first version had the ship sailing into an arched tunnel that was actually a hollow in the iceberg. That didn't really work for me because it didn't have the impact of the tiny ship next to the huge mountain of ice.

So my editor and the cover artist and I discussed it, and with the next version, we got the backdrop right. I picked a model for the heroine and we played with the color scheme for her, but eventually we settled on her being mostly shades of blue/cool colors except for her eyes. This cover was definitely a group effort and I'm thrilled about it - it's everything I wanted for the book.

Status
Not open for further replies.