The No News is No News Purgatory Thread, Vol. 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

NIYRAK

Plot Ninja's on the loose!
Registered
Reaction score
NK, sorry for any jealousies. it is hard.
but i shake it off pretty quick because:

1. pointless waste of feeeelings.

2. i am ADD and forget.

ha!

tas, hoorah for wordage!!

and to all others doing nano and getting
some kick ass word counts!

THIS is why I have my 'mantra' going in my head.

Plus, I have other things to worry about...like life in general. and ...
[RANT AHEAD] how to avoid hurting to the point of almost death my sister-in-law and finding a way for my 12 yr old niece to come live with me while my brother is deployed to baharain (I KNOW THAT IS SPELLED WRONG) said woman is divorced from my brother but when he is deployed she has niece...that woman was living in my brother's house with like 10 other people and got evicted by the city b/c (among other reasons) the house was infested with bugs...My father is emailing brother to TRY to get him to sign a power of attny. for niece to be enrolled in school b/c they WERE in OK and are now living with her mother here in TX in a (not so clean) environment... there are a TON of other issues with this woman ... my dislike of her goes so far that she is NOT allowed in my home or NEAR my children. I just want my niece safe, in a clean home, happy and IN SCHOOL.

/end rant:rant:

Maryn

Sees All
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
At the meeting I went to, a woman's cell phone rang, and it took her six rings to get to it, and then she started a conversation. Not terribly loud or anything, but still. She ignored death stares and the obvious chagrin of the person running the meeting. So I turned around and said, "Could you please take your call outside?" People seemed shocked. When she returned, I whispered, "Thank you very much."

After the meeting ended, I got quite a few compliments for doing what everybody wanted to. Hell, it wasn't even hard.

And thus my meh day became fairly decent.

Maryn the Brave

NIYRAK

Plot Ninja's on the loose!
Registered
Reaction score
Thanx guys... this is the brother I don't really talk to, but my neice and I get along great. She really just needs some stability and a good 'family' environment... Even oldest brother (who has no children) has offered for her to live with him and his wife... I hope middle brother goes for it.

moonfairee

Registered
Reaction score
{{{NIY}}}

Maryn, good on you!!! I went to a book signing and the freaking BOOKSHOP OWNERS chatted through the whole thing. I gave them *looks* but didn't say anything. People are unbelievable.

Xiao, thank you for the bootay shake!!!! I am SO excited! :)

CalebJMalcom

And behold... A seed!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Two agencies interviewed with. Second agency that had me interview with a dude.... /sigh no help there.

Third agency to interview with on Monday.

And no passport?
Nope... No passport... Though I have two lovely passport applications sitting on the shelf upstairs.

chan

Hello!
Registered
Reaction score
Hi, guys! So I used to post a lot here, but it's been basically years now! And I'm wanting to re-join the fray. I recognize some familiar faces, but wanted to say hi--I'm Chandler. Hope you don't mind if I re-enter like I never left!

xiaotien

bedazzled /bootay shaker!!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
cindypon.com
welcome back, chan!!!!

it is great to see you!

will you give us a quick update?

and as i've said before, Once a Puglet,
Always a Puglet. =DD

chan took the time out of her busy
schedule to come to our DiYA austin event.
it was so great to meet her! <3

chan.jpg

Bluestone

It's never too late to dream big
Registered
Reaction score
HAPPY BIRTHDAY PARA!!

I'm having such a hard time getting into and posting in purgatory these days! Is anyone else? I'm already having an issue on the AW home page where everything blacks out after it's been up for a few seconds, but now purgatory is freezing on me. Today, I kept persevering with closing and opening and all that, but it's taken me 1/2 hour.

Anyway...I'm heading off on my 60 mile trek tomorrow. Not quite Cheryl Stray3d's journey on the PCT - haha - but it's 3 days of walking. I have to get up at 4am. And my body seems to be falling apart before my eyes. As a result of training for months, I have recently developed symptoms I've never had before - sciatica, shin splints in both legs and some weird pain on the top of one arch. I went to the chiropractor yesterday and he said your body is telling you to slow down. Oh, right, I'll do that after I've walked 60 miles. :D

I'm sorry that I'm going to have to do my commentary from memory, because all my multi-quotes went away on one of my many AW entry attempts. For some reason I can only remember Kell's instructions to key card holders - surely not the most important of the comments of the last few days. :D
Personally? I'm having an awesome time post-35. Like, the best.
I love being part of your evolution the past few years, Blondie. It's been a thing of beauty. Honestly (ignore paragraph above with ailments) every decade is the best for me, and this is the best of all. As long as you're making the most of your life and gifts and have people who love you in your life, I think it's only going to get better.

Employment vamp dust, Caleb.

Yay for all wordage and weight loss (the kind you want).

Hugs to those who need it.

I'm off to vote on WU. I did remember that!

Blondchen

Honey Badger don't give a shit.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.gretchenmcneil.com
Hi, guys! So I used to post a lot here, but it's been basically years now! And I'm wanting to re-join the fray. I recognize some familiar faces, but wanted to say hi--I'm Chandler. Hope you don't mind if I re-enter like I never left!

*tackle hugs Chan*

Oops. Sorry about that. :)

chan

Hello!
Registered
Reaction score
it is great to see you!

will you give us a quick update?

and as i've said before, Once a Puglet,
Always a Puglet. =DD

Hi!! Good to see you again!

Let's see...well, thankfully, I got braces since that picture! lol. I'm a lawyer now and am getting married next week! :)

On the writing front, I'm still repped by Dan Lazar. I did 3 books with Working Partners in the My Sister the Vampire Series for Egmont UK/Scholastic US. Then I've worked for a number of other book packagers.

Right now, I just turned in a book last Thursday commissioned by the Story Foundation. Nick Harris is a former ICM film agent and I'm developing a concept for him that Dan will go out on sub with soon. Just waiting for notes!

And I'm also working on developing 2 concepts for TV and/or books with a production company--someone I'd done a ghostwriting project for. So I turned that in today!

Buuuuuuuuuuuut I really need to get back to my own work. I'm halfway through a novel that's just mine but it keeps getting put on hold for other books that are under contract. Ugh.

lwalker

Butterflies
Registered
Reaction score
*bounces in*

I hope I did this right. BOOK FORT, anyone?

ETA: I am photobucket illiterate, but clovia kindly fixed it and reposted on the next page! :heart:

Last edited:

lwalker

Butterflies
Registered
Reaction score
And Happy birthday, Para!!!!

And yays and hugs all around!

And I GOT MY ARCs!!!! *bounces*

*flings chocolate*

Vespertilion

Flying blind on a rocket cycle.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Fort!

Lyndee, click to edit your photo, then you see that slidey-bar on the right side top? I think when you slide the toggle, it resizes it, or you can type in a percentage in the box. I think.

Little1

Hakuna Matata
Registered
Reaction score
(((((Ny)))))))
Wb Chan!!!!!!!! <3
(((((Caleb)))) drive safe.
Omg!!!! BOOK FORT!!!!!!!!!

I think interview went well. They asked for references :)

Status
Not open for further replies.