JanNoWriMo 2014!

Pushingfordream

Writing about life!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.danielwallock.com
At least I'm not alone ;)

I might try to make a better list of goals later on in the month, but for now I think I'll settle for anything that looks like progress :tongue

I am going to try to make new goals to... I will post here when I figure my new goals out. :p

Pushingfordream

Writing about life!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.danielwallock.com
Goals for January 2014:
Write part one of fourth draft for book: 17,000/30,000
Write 1 short story: 1/3
Write 20 poems: 6/20
Write 30 blog posts: 8/30

:) Goals
My goals are above.

Last edited:

VP_Benni

likes a colorful font
Registered
Reaction score
lol i'm 7,000 words into my 20,000....

Looks like someone's probably going to need a bigger goal... :tongue :D ETA: crossposted!

I've fixed up my budget for this month (oh good I have one......), I've applied for a couple scholarships, and now I'm working on getting my laptop (aka my portable desktop) to run a bit faster while playing around with my new tablet. :tongue I treat the new little guy as a computer most of the time (it pretty much is one except I can remove the screen...), but calling them both laptops could get confusing. :tongue

I've apparently decided to enter an essay contest for my Uni's alumni magazine (the same one I was interviewed for months and months ago). Oops. :tongue That came out of nowhere. I've written a bit over 1k so far this month.

Oh, and I've been working on learning HTML and CSS again. :)

... And I did that all within the first 24 hours of the year... Yay me. ;)

Go go go everyone! You can do things! :D

~Amber~

Pushingfordream

Writing about life!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.danielwallock.com
Goals for January 2014:
Write part one of fourth draft for book: 17,000/30,000
Write 1 short story: 1/2
Write 20 poems: 6/15
Write 30 blog posts: 12/30

Changed and updated my goals.
Last night I wrote 4 poems and a short story!

Last edited:

Kim Fierce

Attack me with everything you have.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
kimnflowers.blogspot.com
My goal for January: EDITING!

I have a novel scheduled for publication in March and 2 short stories in April so I'm getting ready to be sent a whoooole lot of crazy! :p

CoffeeBeans

Registered
Reaction score
It's a snowstorm outside, and I'm sick and chilly. I'm curing both with a big pot of tea.

My friend reading my rough first draft has so far said it all makes sense, and her opinions of the characters are just about what I'd hoped they'd be, so yay on that.

As for my own goals, I'm mid-16th scene. Apparently, a big conversation precedes my noted plot advancement. I don't mind, it's a useful conversation, but blah blah blah :) Hopefully I'll be down to 15 scenes by the end of the night.

TNK

Registered
Reaction score
I got two chapters edited today. Now on to the writing. :)

Caitlin Black

Wild one
Registered
Reaction score
I realised today that I can record videos with my tablet. So I'm contemplating starting a vlog on youtube. Not sure yet - and the video quality wasn't that great, so it'd only be a temporary solution and would require buying a decent video camera at some point. (And no, I don't have a smartphone to be able to film with.)

I'll wait till I have the house to myself, though... Talking to myself might seem a bit weird if anyone is here to hear me. :tongue

TNK

Registered
Reaction score
I've edited two more chapters and added 1,005 words. I also figured out a plot point that has been bugging me since I started this project. :)

VP_Benni

likes a colorful font
Registered
Reaction score
Go go go, everyone! :)

Cliff, vlogging has always sounded fun to me. I'd love to try it, but I have troubles with speaking out loud. I tend to talk a lot with my facial expressions and half-expect people to know what I mean. :tongue This is why I hate talking on the phone... What's the point if no one can hear me nod? ;)

I worked all day today. Data entry, closet-cleaning, and I got to take a walk to the hospital a few blocks off campus to deliver some stuff while I was on the clock. :tongue So easy that I fell asleep like three times...

My only "real" progress today was finally finding something that I've been looking for for a while. :tongue (the following is spoiler-free, by the way) Basically, Boyfriend took my copy of Stephen King's Doctor Sleep and read it before I did, and that book is the sequel to The Shining. I asked him how he liked it, and he mentioned being confused because Doctor Sleep is about the MC of The Shining's son, and his son kept referring to his dad as John Torrance. The issue with that is his dad is called Jack throughout the entirety of The Shining and he was wondering if it had been some sort of editorial mistake... I read online somewhere that the character's real name is John and that he's only called Jack, so while I've been rereading The Shining (which I was going to do anyway before reading the sequel) I've been trying to find some sort of reference to Jack being called John. And hey, I did it. :D

/boring ramble

... Uni starts up on Monday. :gaah

~Amber~

CoffeeBeans

Registered
Reaction score
I accomplished nothing but getting to work and back through the snow, and laying around pathetically with my cold. I think my big WC jump was 200 words. Scene 16 will never end, just one long conversation....

This is why I'm so much more productive during nano - sick is never a good enough excuse to take a day off in November.

VP_Benni

likes a colorful font
Registered
Reaction score
I'm 3/5 of the way through The Shining and I just edited the essay I wrote a couple days ago just a TINY bit so it sounds a little better. Approximately 1.2k. I do need to go through and do a thorough copy edit before submitting, but it's 2:35 am and I should probably go to bed...

~Amber~

TNK

Registered
Reaction score
I got nine pages edited today. :)

Almondjoy

Keep moving forward <3
Registered
Reaction score
Alright, finally officially setting goals for January!

• Write a total of 19,000 words.
  • Finish 1st draft The SSS. [SO close!]
  • Write and polish at least 1 short story.
  • Write one poem.
  • Begin researching revising techniques
  • Do first official read-through of novel. [towards end of the month!]

Almondjoy

Keep moving forward <3
Registered
Reaction score
CoffeeBeans: I totally feel you about NaNo. During November, there's no excuses. Outside of it, it's so much harder...

Vampy: It looks like you're doing well, despite staying up at ridiculous hours! ;)

TNK: NICE WORK! <3 You are doing fantastically so far.

Pushingfordream

Writing about life!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.danielwallock.com
Alright, finally officially setting goals for January!

• Write a total of 19,000 words.
  • Finish 1st draft The SSS. [SO close!]
  • Write and polish at least 1 short story.
  • Write one poem.
  • Begin researching revising techniques
  • Do first official read-through of novel. [towards end of the month!]

Nice goals! :)

VP_Benni

likes a colorful font
Registered
Reaction score
Vampy: It looks like you're doing well, despite staying up at ridiculous hours! ;)

No kidding! My sleeping schedule has been completely off-track for this entire break (not that it was ever really on-track in the first place...). I'm going to have such a fun time attempting to get up in the mornings for school... >.>

Plans for today: get food, copy edit essay, print essay, copy edit essay again, read book. :tongue I think I can handle that.

~Amber~