Status
Not open for further replies.

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Yeah, no.

This part:

Doesn't make sense no matter how many times I read it.

And saying it was supposed to be what it is isn't helping, either.

huh.gif
<-- redux

It is totally logical. Ask Spock. Just don't let him see the ottoman bantha hybrids. He'll faint.

:Wha:

I have penguins on my Mac just fine.

Yes, your mac. But Fonz dont play nice with some stuff like cams or flash.

bettielee

I'm a sparkly fairy princess!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
bettielee.wordpress.com
There was one this chick, and she met some dudes. One was particularly ruggedly handsome and more mysterious than the others so she was drawn to him. They got into lots and lots of trouble, just the two of them. Other folks sometimes entered the scene to provide info or prevent them from really getting to know each other. Then there was a Big Fight and a Dramatic Escape, after which they hide out at mMC's house and reach The Climax. In fact, it is implied they reach it over and over and there is much rejoicing. Then they go about the plot to reach the lower case c climax and save the day, just the two of them. Then all is well and there is much rejoicing.

:D

Best. Synopsis. Evar.

Ok. Anyone want to guilt me into editing? Or let me edit along with you as you write?? I have some coffee on. And I have some snax.

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
It is totally logical. Ask Spock. Just don't let him see the ottoman bantha hybrids. He'll faint.

I'm going to have to break out the Inigo Montoya on you. Seriously. Either you said something you didn't intend to, or meant something you didn't write, or just left out punctuation, but ...

I don't think it means what you think it means.

Debio

Back from the land of the dead.
Registered
Reaction score
Ok. I go. I only have 40 goshdarn pages to edit and I'm done with my first pass

Wish me lucks.

Lucks!

Hey, I need to do 1500 words today, you have 40 pages of edits. Wanna race? I'll give you a head start....

Oh, lunch time already? BRB

Tifferbugz

Doing Pirate things...
Registered
Reaction score
There once was a story that did things. The end.

There ya go, bugz.

I feel so lost without my iphonz, but I think I've worked out a reasonable solution until I am eligible for an upgrade in October.

Glad you've found an alternative. :D

There was one this chick, and she met some dudes. One was particularly ruggedly handsome and more mysterious than the others so she was drawn to him. They got into lots and lots of trouble, just the two of them. Other folks sometimes entered the scene to provide info or prevent them from really getting to know each other. Then there was a Big Fight and a Dramatic Escape, after which they hide out at mMC's house and reach The Climax. In fact, it is implied they reach it over and over and there is much rejoicing. Then they go about the plot to reach the lower case c climax and save the day, just the two of them. Then all is well and there is much rejoicing.

Yay! *subs it*

Oh, synopsis hell. :(

:e2bummed:

Someone else was able to sum up my current WIP in 140 characters via Twitter DM today. I haven't been able to do that -- without losing tone -- in months.

I was appreciative, but also kind of thought, "Jerk."

I can totally get on board with that feeling some days. :)

Best. Synopsis. Evar.

Ok. Anyone want to guilt me into editing? Or let me edit along with you as you write?? I have some coffee on. And I have some snax.

Gogo! I'll be writing this synopsis with you, since neither of the ones here seem to actually match my story. :(

Ok. I go. I only have 40 goshdarn pages to edit and I'm done with my first pass

Wish me lucks.

Good luck!

jallenecs

Searching for Wonderland
Registered
Reaction score
Bettie, I'm writing this evening. I'll sit beside you!

bettielee

Registered
Reaction score
Website
bettielee.wordpress.com
glad to have you Junely!

done w/ most of the first scene of this chapter...

*with a flourish*

and.... scene!

I haven't fixed the problem yet, but I see places for the 2nd pass that need to go through the story - the back and forth between my two MC's, and my main main character (the gurl) doesn't have much backstory. Which is weird. I usually have so much background info on my main main MC. (That's a term, right?)

ok. Fresh cup of coffee... and go back for more.

hillaryjacques

Undercover, sort of...
Registered
Reaction score
Someone else was able to sum up my current WIP in 140 characters via Twitter DM today. I haven't been able to do that -- without losing tone -- in months.

I hear you. Other people can always explain my work better than me. I guess that means we've succeeded? :)

Do eet (and eat)! I'll start working in about an hour and a half when zee leeetle man goes to bed.

Wish me lucks.

You're so close! LUCKS!

CAMueller

Part-time ninja
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.vampirebookclub.net

bettielee

Registered
Reaction score
Website
bettielee.wordpress.com

You realize you can't allow this person to live, right??

I hear you. Other people can always explain my work better than me. I guess that means we've succeeded? :)

Do eet (and eat)! I'll start working in about an hour and a half when zee leeetle man goes to bed.

You're so close! LUCKS!

I hope to be way done by then, but I will cheer you from the sidelines.

Still editing. Sometimes, I like to speak pretend Spanish. I amuse my boss by leaving him notes about my graphics work in pretend Spanish. Things such as "El wrencho no necessita un graphica malo". (The wrench doesn't need to be this ugly - ie: I can draw a better wrench than this with the magic of Illustrator.) We have a sort of shorthand between us. This amuses us both. But today, I found this word as I was editing:

situatino

instead of "situation". I think I now speak pretend Italian as well. I'm multi-mock lingual.

Andelana

Secret Stick-Figure Superhero
Registered
Reaction score
It was the best of multi quotes. It was the worst of multi quotes.

Someone needs to be making dialog for that penguin cam.

That was awesome dialogue, debio! I love penguins that talk Valley. ;)

Or are you trying some sort of sacrifice-based sympathetic magic to hurry spring on? Because in that case, I heartily approve.

Meeeee, too! Also, yay for penguin cam!

Someone come write this synopsis for me, please? *flails*

Would that mean I get to read your book before it's published? :e2brows:

Debio

Registered
Reaction score
*digs out a machete* Solid advice, Bettie. Solid advice.

Now see, this is where you folks get it all wrong. I fully understand how satisfying laying waste with 20 inches of razor sharp slashing steel is at times like this. But you have to think things through.

While satisfying, a machete is messy. What you need is 12 inches of narrow pointed stabbing stilleto. It leaves a much smaller wound and in most cases much less blood on floor, hands or clothing.

Clean up and disposal is much easier. You really don't want to leave those bodies lying around. They tend to smell after a while, and the neighbors will talk.

Debio

Registered
Reaction score
Catharsis is good. Don't get me wrong. I'm just lazy and hating cleaning up after mysel...um, how bout them Lakers?

hillaryjacques

Undercover, sort of...
Registered
Reaction score
Ughhhh...I have OD'd on black cherry popsicles. And the only cure is...more popsicles.

Debio

Registered
Reaction score
Ughhhh...I have OD'd on black cherry popsicles. And the only cure is...more popsicles.

Hair of the dog, eh? Though I'd bet it is not the popsicles. I'm not sure it is possible to OD on anything black cherry.

Status
Not open for further replies.