Celebrate Making 50k

Chasing the Horizon

Blowing in the Wind
Registered
Reaction score
I don't know if I'm the first AWer to make 50k, but I don't see a thread for celebrating, so I thought I would make one.

I got my green bar at 7pm local time on November 8th. My goal was to get there in a week, but I'm still proud of my accomplishment because I gave NaNo ALL I had and tried my very best, which is what I believe NaNo is all about. This is my third NaNo, but the first time I feel like I'm pushing myself to the limit, and it's actually a pretty amazing feeling. I should try applying this to life more often, I think.

I still have a very long way to go to make my personal goals for November, so I'm far from finished, but 50k is still a great feeling.

So, as you cross your own 50k line, post here for the congratulations you deserve and share a bit about what it was like to make your insane noveling goal!

alldis

Temet Nosce
Registered
Reaction score
Congrats on the NaNo win!

I'll have my own victory post ready at 11:59 pm on November 30th. My goal is to finish with 60 seconds to spare, 65 if I'm feeling energetic.

Cheers, Mate.

A.

TNK

Registered
Reaction score
Damn, that's impressive. Congratulations on hitting 50K! :PartySmil

K.B. Parker

I've lost my mind
Registered
Reaction score
Congrats! I won't be crossing that threshold until midnight on the 30th. I've only been able to find a few hours a day and haven't been able to write on weekends.

50K in 8 days is no small feat. You should be very proud :)

meowzbark

Registered
Reaction score
Woot, 50k! That is impressive for the start of week 2.

Like the other two Nanos I've participated in, I'm likely not going to hit my goal until the last day. I'm feeling more confident about my book this year than in other years; however, my time is much more limited now.

Insomnicole

Registered
Reaction score
Wow! Congrats. I'm on track to cross the 50K line much earlier than I usually do in November, but I won't really feel like I've won until I completed the story, and that's going to take longer. Good luck with meeting the rest of your goals.

Parametric

Registered
Reaction score
Congratulations everybody! Awesome job! I'm on track to join you on the 15th. :)

mrsmig

Write. Write. Writey Write Write.
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
That's really impressive - congratulations!

whatsupbuttercup

Registered
Reaction score
Congrats on making it to 50,000! :partyguy:

I am insanely jealous but it's definitely inspiring to see someone reach it so soon!

Chasing the Horizon

Blowing in the Wind
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks for the congrats, everyone. There are problems with people being rude to overachievers in other places, and I'm glad AW is above all that. :)

Today I passed the 50k threshold on schedule. It was rather relieving, but now I need to get through my personal goals for the month.

I made 50K, as well, on the tenth. :)

Now to keep on keepin' on...
Huge congrats to both of you! :D It feels good on this side of the green bar, doesn't it?

Congrats, but don't stop. Keep going and see if you can finish by the 20th day?
I haven't stopped, but overachieving can be brutal when mental illness and real life want to be uncooperative. However, while I've lost my cushion, I'm still on track to make the 150k and fully intend to crawl over my personal line by the 29th or 30th. :)

Now, to go write words...

Persei

Let it go
Registered
Reaction score
I made it to 50K on November 10th. I burned out, took a day off and now I'm struggling to catch up with the 5k daily word count average. I have six hours of classes now so I should be more realistic about my goals.

But!

I made it to 50K and that's what matters. Plus I'm nearly done with my MS and it seems like it's the final draft so I suppose that's very good for a first time wrimo.

Last edited:

AshleyEpidemic

Did you see my bag?
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.soipondered.wordpress.com
I made it to 50K on November 10th. I burned out, took a day off and now I'm struggling to catch up with the 5k daily word count average. I have six hours of classes now so I should be more realistic about my goals.

But!

I made it to 50K and that's what matters. Plus I'm nearly done with my MS and it seems like it's the final draft so I suppose that's very good for a first time wrimo.

I feel your pain about stopping. I did that last year when I transitioned from project 1 to project two and I never really got back on track.

This time around, I've been making sure I keep pace so I can make it through.

Jiloa

On Purpose
Registered
Reaction score
Congratulations to you NaNo winners!
I made it past 50k today at 7p.m. local time. I averaged just over 4,000 words/day, which I'd forgotten I was capable of since last year's NaNo. I won't be doing nearly that much going forward (life calls), but I still have a lot of story to write.

Also, strangely, I can't wait to start editing.

Chasing the Horizon

Blowing in the Wind
Registered
Reaction score

But!

Wow, fantastic! I'd say for *any* wrimo that's pretty impressive, and it's definitely amazing for your first time!

Congratulations to you NaNo winners!
I made it past 50k today at 7p.m. local time. I averaged just over 4,000 words/day, which I'd forgotten I was capable of since last year's NaNo. I won't be doing nearly that much going forward (life calls), but I still have a lot of story to write.
Sweet, Jiloa! Welcome to the green side of the finish line!